Author Topic: Light a few unity rally torches over at Thinkgeek?  (Read 4946 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Light a few unity rally torches over at Thinkgeek?
« on: February 11, 2014, 11:31:38 PM »
I don't get to poke around much anymore, but I thought you might want to see this.

Thinkgeek gave a nod to CoH in the description of one of their products.

The Sentinels of the Multiverse Card Game is great for when you just can't get to your favorite online supergame (or it closes - salutes all you CoH-ers out there) and need some evil-battling action.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1a65/?pfm=Search&t=The%20Sentinels%20of%20the%20Multiverse

For those who don't know, Thinkgeek allows facebook (and I think a couple others) users to post comments below the products. Seems like a good place to start a thread with whole bunch of posts that say /e holdtorch. I personally don't do social networking though, so I can't do the honors of starting such a thread.

AP334E

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Light a few unity rally torches over at Thinkgeek?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:28:29 AM »
That is certainly a game I will have to check out.

5 people live in this house and 4 of us played CoH. I think it would get played here on game night. :)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 05:56:34 AM »
Started the comment thread. :)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »
that actually sounds kinda fun if ya ask me.
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »
Ugh.  They only allow commenting through Facebook, which I refuse to go near, so thanks to others who commented there.  It's good to "show the flag."

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 10:52:02 PM »
I'm all for supporting Thinkgeek, but, if you can spare the extra $10 (or the equivalent in your currency du jour), you can get it directly from the publisher, here. Think of it as the Internet version of "shop local." :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 12:08:27 AM »
Thanks for posting this, Tim, though like others here, I also don't use FaceBook.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

kierthos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 04:48:41 AM »
Having played Sentinels of the Multiverse, it is a very fun card game. There's a couple villains
that are an absolute pain in the ass to deal with, but overall, the game is tremendously fun.

The group that I've played it with has routinely compared certain heroes (and villains) to CoH
characters.

Oh, and it's well worth getting the expansion packs to the game.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 08:48:51 PM »
I see no links to post comments on the page?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 02:58:54 AM »
If you scroll down a bit, you should see where it says:

Wanna chat about Sentinels of the Multiverse Card Game?

Have questions about Sentinels of the Multiverse Card Game or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.

Directly below that, the page should load a plugin from Facebook with the comments others have posted.  (18 comments as I type this.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »
Candle lit!

/em holdtorch :)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 06:27:36 PM »
If you scroll down a bit, you should see where it says:

Directly below that, the page should load a plugin from Facebook with the comments others have posted.  (18 comments as I type this.)

I figured that's where it would be. It only shows up on IE for me here at work, not on Chrome or Firefox.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »
I only see it in Firefox after telling NoScript to allow it.   :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 06:03:10 PM »
TG's commenting system requires you to allow facebook to track you. if you have NoScript, DoNotTrackMe, PrivacySuite, etc, on, all you will see is a line of text that says "want to talk about (product) here?"
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 09:54:44 PM »
I HATE Facebook and Twitter...I realize that this makes me a minority of a minority.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 12:51:04 AM »
I HATE Facebook and Twitter...I realize that this makes me a minority of a minority.
Like I said above, I'm right there with you.  The only "social media" I subscribe to is my Yahoo e-mail account, and my profile is hidden (to everyone).

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 04:18:37 AM »
I don't do Facebook or Twitter either.  :)

I used to be social through City of Heroes, though. . . .