Author Topic: StatesMan for Genesis and Daz3d SuperSuit Happy 10th Anniversary CoH  (Read 6284 times)

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
This is  a helmet and Genesis super suit texture set made to turn Genesis in to Statesman from the popular SuperHero MMO City of Herores. I made it in honor of the 10th Anniversary of the Game, I hope fans of the Game enjoy this and would love to see links to pictures made with it.

What you Need:

Daz3D's genesis Super suit

Genesis Figure

What is included:

parented StatesMan's Helmet (defaulted to M5 Heroic)

Mat set for genesis supersuit

Ear covers

Default Mats for the Helmet/Face Plate

Bonus: Carnival of shadows Mats for Daz3D's Carnaval Style

can be downloaded here:
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=xen0phage1013
or
http://cmkook-24601.deviantart.com/art/StatesMan-for-Genesis-and-Daz3d-SuperSuit-453447940

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
wow...looks nice.

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
wow...looks nice.
i had made wolverine hair and shown it on the save CoH facebook page and some one mentioned I should do Statesman's face plate and with the 10th Anniversary I figured I'd give it a go

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
i had made wolverine hair and shown it on the save CoH facebook page and some one mentioned I should do Statesman's face plate and with the 10th Anniversary I figured I'd give it a go
I wonder who that could have been..... *looks innocent*

In all seriousness, looks awesome!

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
I wonder who that could have been..... *looks innocent*

In all seriousness, looks awesome!
hahaha, thanks I am glad you like it

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
some one asked for a .obj version of the face the face plate if you want it you can get it here http://cmkook-24601.deviantart.com/art/Statesmans-faceplate-obj-file-457159321
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:10:44 PM by Xenophage »

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
Re: StatesMan for Genesis and Daz3d SuperSuit Happy 10th Anniversary CoH
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 03:37:56 PM »
Thank you for making the .obj version available. I downloaded it and successfully imported the file into Pepakura Designer software.

Pepakura "unfolds" a 3D model into a 2D layout, which can be printed out, cut out, and glued into a 3D paper model. Costume and prop makers use Pepakura models as the basis for crafting foam or fiberglass resin cosplay props.

Of course, when I instructed the Pepakura software to unfold your .obj file, it produced a 2D layout that resembles the Roswell alien spaceship wreckage. Definitely beyond my ability to cut and glue. (Unless someone knows how to process the Pep model for simplifying? And is willing to teach me or post a simplified version that I can use?)

Hence, I might go with a simpler Magneto helmet Pepakura layout by Dali Lomo and attempt to modify it into a Statesman faceplate. This option seems more my speed.

Alternatively, on DeviantArt, there is a Statesman Faceplate by angelsrflamabl. He sells copies for $65+shipping. It might provide a more satisfactory trade-off in terms of cost, quality, and time and effort.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:09:02 PM by Todogut »

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 02:21:01 AM »
amazing.....looks  real....astounding. :-*

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »
... when I instructed the Pepakura software to unfold your .obj file, it produced a 2D layout that resembles the Roswell alien spaceship wreckage. Definitely beyond my ability to cut and glue. (Unless someone knows how to process the Pep model for simplifying? And is willing to teach me or post a simplified version that I can use?)

Dali Lomo recently uploaded a YouTube video on how to Prepare, Scale & Print Pepakura Template. He demonstrates how to use Pepakura's "divide/connect faces" tool to process an automatically unfolded model for creating a simpler 2-D layout.

As he notes, it's a "long process" taking "many hours". But, if you have the patience, focus, and attention to detail, you can do it.

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 03:59:48 PM »
Very cool, thank you for this Xenophage.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 04:54:34 PM »
You know my brother makes medieval armor and he could actually make one of those quite easily.

Perhaps once the game gets started again :)