Author Topic: Name that PC Game -- Round 2  (Read 1257 times)

Cinnder

• Boss
Name that PC Game -- Round 2
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:19:56 PM »
OK, this community was so quick to identify the last game I couldn't name (Anachronox) with only my vague and unhelpful recollections that I thought I would try again.

This time, the game whose name I can't remember is from that full-motion-video era in the mid 90's -- games like Phantasmagoria that came on multiple CDs just to get all the video in.  The game I'm thinking of forced your character to do mean and nasty things to various people in a small town, though I can't remember why.  I seem to recall that perhaps you were working for the devil(?) to get free from some kind of debt(?).  The tasks started out simple, like keying someone's car, but I think they grew more evil as they progressed.  The only other thing I can recall is one character who kept talking about meat.

Note that, unlike Anachronox, I don't recall this as being a great game, or even a good game.  In fact, I think it was quite bad, but I would like to remember what it was called.

If anyone can remember its title, I'd be grateful.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Re: Name that PC Game -- Round 2
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 09:01:23 PM »
Grim Fandango?

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:54:51 PM »
Thanks for the guess, but that's not it.  That was 3D graphics, whereas the game I'm trying to recall was static backgrounds with full motion video characters superimposed, cut together with some FMV sequences.

Also, I remember Grim Fandango as being pretty good and winning several awards.  This one I'm trying to remember was nowhere in that category.  I'm not even sure WHY I want to remember it, but it's nagging at me now.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 06:27:43 PM »
Have you tried looking through this list on Wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_interactive_movies

Covers most of the games in that genre from '83 to present(Though most of the ones post-2000 are 3D, not Live Actor).

Just at a quick glance at your first post, my first thought was Night Trap, but I'm not too certain that it's the one you're thinking about...

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 06:33:34 AM »
Thanks, Shenku!  I had looked in a bunch of places on the web, including Wiki, but I had been unable to find the right search terms.

This was the game I was thinking of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvester_(video_game)

Having read that, I now recall how bad it truly was and wish I could forget it!