Author Topic: CoX Movie Theater Posters  (Read 2172 times)

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
CoX Movie Theater Posters
« on: March 17, 2014, 02:04:16 AM »
This is a screenshot of the movie theater exterior in SM...I recognize some of the names on the posters.  I never stopped to read these until icon.  The amount of detail in the game is amazing and thanks to icon I can go back and discover these great details!!

Jumpman

• Underling
Re: CoX Movie Theater Posters
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 03:02:45 AM »
I would love a life sized Brass Monday poster  :D

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 12:21:51 PM »
Yea, that Brass Monday poster does look pretty darn badarsss!!

NightWolf

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »
Just flew around a bit in Atlas Park and took the time to look at all the billboards, ads, posters, signs etc. It really is great to see all these nice little details!

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »
Samuraiko is listed as the director on the "Ascension" poster...pretty good stuff!!  I wonder what else I missed over the years???

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 03:12:46 PM »
Several of the newer movie posters were player-submitted. IIRC there was a contest on the forums.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »
This is the thing I love about Icon. I went in and started taking many screenshots of locations and billboards and signs for my screensaver.

I was always busy running around or doing missions I never bothered to really appreciate the details that went into the city design.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »
Just flew around a bit in Atlas Park and took the time to look at all the billboards, ads, posters, signs etc. It really is great to see all these nice little details!
Yeah, I've got a cap around here somewhere for "the Clanket" it's a cape it's a blanket" thing.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 06:48:48 PM »
Several of the newer movie posters were player-submitted. IIRC there was a contest on the forums.

Awesome idea...I never made time to visit the forums back in the day.  Still fun to find these tidbits, via icon, now though :D

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 09:50:23 PM »

Truth.

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 11:36:13 PM »
Truth.
Thanks for the link Blondeshell...I should have really paid attention to the forums back then.  A lot of fun/interesting things happened beyond the actual game play!! I suppose I will find more things that I never took the time to see before during my once a month fly-over in icon  :o