Author Topic: Good Things About CoH Shutting Down  (Read 8304 times)

PunkusJR

• Boss
Re: Good Things About CoH Shutting Down
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 06:15:05 PM »

* When my friends and I are waiting outside a restaurant or movie theater for the last member of our group to finally show up... I no longer dance emote to pass the time.

. . . I still do this . . . a lot . . . I will turn my phone to play one of the boombox songs if I'm alone . . .
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Yoru-hime

• Minion
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 07:11:07 PM »
* Anything named Kardashian (or, as I call it, LardAssIan)

I always assumed this one was another of Vahzilok's failed experiments.

* The Republican Presidential Candidate Strategy

I'm pretty sure both parties are under the control of the Malta Group at this point. The actual elections are just very expensive distractions.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 07:56:08 PM »

Elvenheart

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 12:42:43 AM »
Last year on December 1st, I suddenly lost my ability to soar through the sky.
Last year on December 1st, teleporting 300 yards from my current location in an instant became impossible.
Last year on December 1st, I no longer could leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Last year on December 1st, my dreams of someday being a total, complete, 100% Incarnate were crushed.
Oh, wait...I think I've missed the point of this post.  These are all BAD THINGS.  I guess I'm just not there yet...but I'll admit that I've smiled through my tears at reading some of these wonderful memories  :'(

Aura Controller

• Minion
  • "Hey, is there room in that head for one more?"
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 07:11:30 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AccidentalPsychopath

Look I'm on YouTube!
Is it OK to advertise that down here? O.o
Also does anyone ever read these?

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 12:45:28 AM »
Bumps up an old but fun topic

Since City of Heroes shut down, Good things are:
  • I've stopped hanging out around the Asian market waiting for clanks to show up
  • Tattooing green bar across my chest does not mean I can blow off Obama care because I have full health
  • I no longer believe everything is a Nemesis plot. (Because I now know everything is an NSA plot)
  • When I go to Campus and see someone playing frisbee golf, I am not confused when the disks don't automatically come to me
  • Snowballs are not a limited use item. I can just pick up more... so long as I avoid the yellow ones.
  • Jetpacks ARE a limited use item, and someone else seems to have used up all my minutes
  • Opening strange packages sitting on the street is a task best left to the bomb squad
  • I realize people are tired of me saying "NCSoft should die of Gonorrhea and burn in hell" when they mention Wildstar
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 02:25:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure both parties are under the control of the Malta Group at this point. The actual elections are just very expensive distractions.

Hear, hear...

This was a hilarious list of things to read, guys! :D
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 02:11:45 AM »
  • I've realized that the music I hear as I walk through town is actually coming from my headphones

This is where I have to mention that I do, in fact, have both the Saint Martial Jackpot music and the Imperial City Logos music on my iPod playlist...  ;D

- When I tell friends all about the manic misadventures of my "bird things" these days, the stories are about Mac and Mo (my budgies), not my collection of winged City toons.

- Any interesting-sounding names I come up with get used for tabletop RPG characters instead of getting instantly swiped by yet-another-City-alt.

- I never have to worry about the current versions of Palrah, Kestrel and Cardinal getting nerfed. (They're resin ball-jointed dolls. XD)

- I also never have to worry about losing them to an unexpected shut-down... and they have a lot more costume options!

- I can once again see layer cake as a GOOD thing
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:22:48 AM by Brightfires »
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 02:14:04 AM »
I too believe in double posts.... >_>
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 06:08:44 PM »

• I no longer believe everything is a Nemesis plot. (Because I now know everything is an NSA plot)

... is it just me, or do "NSA" and "Nemesis" have an eerie phonetic similarity?

To add to the list:
I don't have to think twice to remember that blimps actually do exist and carry people rather than being painted into the sky to make the background more interesting.
I don't worry about winter lords showing up whenever I'm around snow.
I have rediscovered the phenomenon known as "sunshine".
I realize that, even though I've turned 20, it is generally not socially acceptable to wear a cape in public.
I no longer assume that guys wearing long red pants and sleeveless jackets are going to set me on fire (although this may not always be a safe assumption).
I now realize that if I want to "level up" in college, I have to gain experience via "studying" rather than trying to beat up my classmates (and, on the more serious side, I now have extra time to study, also).

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2013, 01:22:35 PM »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 10:18:03 AM »

I thought you knew that Nemisis just uses them as a front...

ooops
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 01:09:05 AM »
Took my niece and nephew trick or treating last year.  Had some housefrau come out in a witch costume...

Well, my brother wasn't too happy about posting bail for me when I got arrested for assault...

The cops didn't buy the "reflex" argument...

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 10:59:14 AM »
LOL
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 05:03:35 AM »
tell that to the scientists ressureting the 30,000 year old giant viruses

Hey, I know that dude.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot