Author Topic: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!  (Read 335376 times)

TheClockmaker

• Underling
Re: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2015, 11:08:37 PM »
That's strange. Even when starting as Administrator?

In my case, I'm already Admin on my PC and it still gives me that message.

EDIT: In reference to Mental Maden's edit - yes, exactly the same situation.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:37:15 AM by TheClockmaker »

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2015, 11:59:51 PM »
Yeah, I seemed to have broken Tequila on my comp. And even if I delete it and clean all the files associated with it whenever I download it now it gives me that error.

I scrapped the first time I used it because I wanted it to go into a different folder, then all hell broke loose and now its always giving me that error.

(Update: Yeah, I have tried downloading it fresh after deleting all remnants of the program and it just keeps giving me that error. Nothing left on the registry or anything, but when it starts up new its acting like it's trying continue where I left off before I deleted it the first time.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:22:10 AM by Mental Maden »

Drej

• Underling
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2015, 01:24:32 AM »
If the file is in that path, delete it and see if that helps, something might be locking access to it.

No change to the situation upon deletion of the activity log.

Just like TheClockmaker said, the program will open after that error, but it just stays in the "starting" mode and most of the time I have to pull up the task manager to get it to shut down.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2015, 01:25:35 AM »
Exactly what's happening to me Drej.

Drej

• Underling
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2015, 01:30:03 AM »
Exactly what's happening to me Drej.

I am still able to log into Paragon Chat using the dedicated shortcut in my Tequila folder, that's the good news. (If you've been unable to get in at all that may be worth a try.)

Just figured I won't be able to apply any updates when those come out until this issue is fixed.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2015, 01:54:10 AM »
I don't even have a tequila folder anymore. I do have paragon chat in my beta folder. I can't log in because it says I don't have the right game version, even though I'm positive I do. I was just using tequila to dl any game client files. And I did the stupid thing and stopped tequila, deleted it off the comp and now whenever I download a new version it treats it like its trying to continue the download even though I've removed everything. I.E. it won't let me start fresh with tequila.

I've removed it from everywhere on my comp including the registry and it still won't give me a fresh version. I just keep getting that same error.

Update: For some reason it finally stopped with the error and allowed me to re download updates to my beta folder. Fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:17:01 AM by Mental Maden »

Byakuya523

• Underling
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2015, 03:37:18 AM »
Thanks for the update  :D
Nahar 50 Energy/Energy Blaster
DraconicSins 50 Fire/Fire Tank
Chaotic Princess 50 Robotics/Thermal Radiation MM
Kugari 50 Titan Weapon/Super Reflex Brute

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2015, 04:14:52 AM »
 :P
You're welcome.

Ninten19

• Underling
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2015, 05:59:23 AM »
I am still able to log into Paragon Chat using the dedicated shortcut in my Tequila folder, that's the good news. (If you've been unable to get in at all that may be worth a try.)

Just figured I won't be able to apply any updates when those come out until this issue is fixed.

I've been having the same problem too. I've tried fresh reinstalls of Tequila and a fresh, unaltered copy of the CoH client I've kept on my portable HD. I get a .NET framework error message box too, even with a new, fresh 3.5 update too.

Kind of hoping I didn't break my computer or anything.

Edit: Getting this image whenever I first boot up a fresh copy of Tequila.
http://gyazo.com/fc7498cb403645cd9da819f35364aee9

And the next little image I get is:
http://gyazo.com/3176a6d6a5a131bcca006f3f73dca746
Where it doesn't seem to work at all.

Whenever I try to exit out of the program, I get this box. Whether I hit continue or quit, nothing happens, and the application goes non-responsive: http://gyazo.com/be3a0ab20ae737e78f923d3a922daef1

Can somebody please explain what the issue is here? I'm getting frustrated. All I wanted to do was upgrade my client.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 03:16:44 PM by Ninten19 »

Ninten19

• Underling
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2015, 04:26:16 PM »
I don't even have a tequila folder anymore. I do have paragon chat in my beta folder. I can't log in because it says I don't have the right game version, even though I'm positive I do. I was just using tequila to dl any game client files. And I did the stupid thing and stopped tequila, deleted it off the comp and now whenever I download a new version it treats it like its trying to continue the download even though I've removed everything. I.E. it won't let me start fresh with tequila.

I've removed it from everywhere on my comp including the registry and it still won't give me a fresh version. I just keep getting that same error.

Update: For some reason it finally stopped with the error and allowed me to re download updates to my beta folder. Fingers crossed.

Can you recall what you did exactly, for this to happen? I've tried everything and nothing seems to work. Which is weird, everything went off without a hitch when I'd installed Tequila's stuff onto my client the night Paragon Chat went live.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2015, 06:10:58 PM »
Sure thing Ninten19,

To the best of my knowledge:

I first tried deleting everything dealing with Tequila, then deleted all remnants from the registry.
I then downloaded it again, but it kept doing that error and trying to put it in the old folder that was now missing.
I tried this several times with no luck and being stubborn I did it several more times.

I then took a break. Searched my comp for anything Tequila related, deleted, emptied recycle, and registry deletion. I double and triple checked searches on my comp and made sure there was nothing Tequila related.

The only thing I can tell to the best of my knowledge that I did "differently" than the other attempts was when I went to the link for the Tequila download instead of 'saving it then running it' I went straight to Run at the download menu. It then pulled up the screen asking what folder you wanted to download it to (something I hadn't been able to do since the first time I tried), I selected my CoHbeta folder and boom all went well.

Not sure if that helps, but I hope it does.
I'll try to rack my brain for anything else I can think of but the only really different I can remember is running it instead of saving then running.

Byakuya523

• Underling
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2015, 09:47:10 PM »
Now I am running into a small problem, certain costume pieces can not be found when loading up my toons that have the ascension armor on or certain auras. Is there a fix for this? I do have the I24 files but this won't load up.
Nahar 50 Energy/Energy Blaster
DraconicSins 50 Fire/Fire Tank
Chaotic Princess 50 Robotics/Thermal Radiation MM
Kugari 50 Titan Weapon/Super Reflex Brute

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2015, 09:58:30 PM »
Is this the only thread for Tequila right now? I think it is. There ought to be a separate one for info and one for tech support. Anyways, I'd like to suggest that for multi-monitor users, Tequila always opens in the monitor it was closed in. When I open it, the window appears in whichever monitor my mouse is in when it opens, rather than my main monitor every time as I desire.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Talos Maltalomar

• Underling
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2015, 10:09:09 PM »
i am having an error when i start Tequila, i have downloaded the 3.5 runtime. and moved all coh files from my external drive ( where i luckily stored them , before my desktop crashed, to my C: on my laptop, and made shur the Tequila is in that folder for Beta)

the following is the error , any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\TequilaActivityLog.txt' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
   at MyToolkit.ActivityLog(String Line)
   at Tequila.Tequila.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8009 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
tequila
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.16
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.16
    CodeBase: file:///C:/CohBeta/tequila(1).exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8015 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8009 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8015 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2015, 12:54:09 AM »
Writing to the root of C:\ is not generally allowed by Windows User Account Control. Are you launching Tequila from a folder inside My Documents or another write-able path?

Talos Maltalomar

• Underling
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2015, 01:48:08 AM »
moved tequila to documents folder still not working
also guess i should move all the coh files to my laptop c drive ( just had beta so far ) from my external drive

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2015, 03:33:49 AM »
It sounds like you pointed Tequila to a bad folder and now it's stuck starting by trying to save there. Check back later for instructions on how to wipe the current installation directory.

TheClockmaker

• Underling
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2015, 03:53:08 AM »
Registry had an entry variable pointing to an older install path and tequila was just referring back to it over and over and not finding the expected files.  Repointing it to where I placed Tequila seems to have eliminated my error message and now things are working again.

Drej

• Underling
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2015, 09:23:36 PM »
Registry had an entry variable pointing to an older install path and tequila was just referring back to it over and over and not finding the expected files.  Repointing it to where I placed Tequila seems to have eliminated my error message and now things are working again.

Could you explain how to do this in more detail? Like I'm 12 years old would be great.  :-\

EDIT:: Ok changed the Registry and now Tequila opens great, but now I'm stuck on "Fetching Manifest" I am using http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml. Is that no longer correct?

EDIT 2:: And we're back in business. Thanks to all those who helped point the way.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:11:23 PM by Drej »

Power Play

• Minion
  • Liberty Eagle-Virtue/Power Play-Guardian
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2015, 05:22:57 AM »

Sorry if this has been covered before.  I tried a quick search and didn't find it, so here goes.

When I fire up Tequila, I get this error.

Manifest download error for http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37952257/Tequila/titanicon.xml
The remote server returned an error: (429) Bandwidth Error.

What should I do?

Thanks!