Author Topic: Things you wished you did before COH closed.  (Read 6767 times)

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
Things you wished you did before COH closed.
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:52:23 AM »
I've been thinking about this a lot since the thread acouple of days ago. Where the OP asked about power animations for a video. They was working on. To which I told them about a video I had thought about but never got around to doing.

I think I'm going to have to invest in a 3-4 terabit external harddrive before the three projects we have going here. Are complete so that when their done, I can make that video. I keep thinking about how cool it'd be. LOL!

And expand my metal collection, cause I can see some of these newer songs I've been listen to. Playing in the back ground in some of the scenes. LOL!

Also I wished, I'd made more videos of my alts. :(

Tacitala

• Boss
Re: Things you wished you did before COH closed.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 04:24:26 PM »
Also I wished, I'd made more videos of my alts. :(

I've never gotten the hang of demo recordings so I truthfully can't tell you how hard it will or will not be to start one now that the game is offline, but there is that route.  Otherwise there's always making a comic book with Icon.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »
I did some demo recording on my old comp but the hard drive died a very painful death. So I lost all my recordings. I haven't had much luck with Icon since I don't have the I24 beta client and the one I tried to download didn't seem to work right.

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 04:10:58 AM »
I wish I had started demo recording before news of the shutdown.

In game, I regret never getting to do a Cathedral of Pain, and a few of the task/strike forces. And not getting enough time with my water/storm defender.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 05:43:18 AM »
Oh water/storm sounds nice.

Cathedral of Pain was pretty fun, I think I did it 3 times but only finished once.

I should add the elec/ice controller I can't stop thinking about that I never made. :(

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 06:35:08 AM »
I wish I had made .costume files as well as Sentinel+ files for all my characters.

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 05:29:46 PM »
I wish I had made .costume files as well as Sentinel+ files for all my characters.
This ^
and finish a little over 200 badges on my main  :'(

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 10:33:08 PM »
I just realized I had ONE screenshot of Waddle the Penguin's updated look in all my screenshots.  Icon let me fix that, so there's one down.

I do wish I'd gotten Tubbius Regalis and his level pacted ally Salartha (my girlfriend's character) to 50 instead of just 48, but at the time, I was busting my hump working at the end of a semester, and I really couldn't bring myself to PLAY that much, emotionally, on top of it.  :(

I did manage to make "PENGUIN Part 4: Waddle On" at about 8 p.m. US Eastern time on the night the servers went down, so that brought some closure to the story arc, even if only half a dozen folks got to play and rate it.

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 03:26:39 AM »
Get a VIP subscription active in time for NCSoft's surprise announcement.

Actually took the time to switch out my video card so I could play for most of the remaining time left.

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 10:50:50 AM »
Get a VIP subscription active in time for NCSoft's surprise announcement.

I was a bit torn on that one. I'd have liked to have brought a few more toons to the final party... but on the other hand, I'm quite glad they weren't holding any of my money at shutdown.

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 03:10:51 AM »
I was a bit torn on that one. I'd have liked to have brought a few more toons to the final party... but on the other hand, I'm quite glad they weren't holding any of my money at shutdown.

I agree, I wouldn't want NCSoft having any of my money. But the way I figure, if I had a VIP subscription open earlier that month, maybe the money would have gone to Paragon, at least in part.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 03:12:22 AM »
I never managed to get a Spines or a Claws Melee toon to 50. I don't think I managed martial arts either now that I think of it.

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 04:52:47 AM »
I had a Grav/Time controller I really liked that I ended up getting distracted from before she hit 50. I wish I could change that.

Spellcaster Hana

• Minion
  • City of Heroes will always and forever be my home.
    • Hana's Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 07:27:41 PM »
I wish I did a lot of world screenshots because I adore the world of City of Heroes. I love visiting all parts of the City while doing missions and sometimes I just stop to look at the scenery I find interesting.

And I wish that I had more time to explore other archetypes and do some of the TF's and raids I didn't get to do. I also wanted to explore Praetoria and Rogue Isles more since I'm on the blue side most of the time...
"Sometimes, crossing the line is necessary in order to move forward."
"ALL HAIL EMPEROR COLE!!!" ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
----------
My Deviantart: http://hanariblue.deviantart.com

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 12:06:53 AM »
I wish that I had been even more shamelessly begging of physical swag from the devs and community reps than I was.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 12:46:18 AM »
I wish I had gotten Hero Epic Archetypes unlocked.

I first got into the game with City of Villains, then gained City of Heroes when they had that "add Hero side to your current sub free" deal happen.

Sad, I know, I never got a hero to 50 (I started in 2006 so yeah), or even 20, when they changed it...

I *was* able however to play VEATs, so I'm thankful for that..

:-\
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 10:51:04 AM »
The CoP was one of my "wish I'd done it" things. That and a Hami raid were the only two things I hadn't managed, although I was never that bothered about Hami.

I was also really enjoying my Storm/Energy defender and wanted to explore that combo past 30. I loved some of my 50's way beyond when they hit the cap. And it wasn't just about iTrials or "endgame", it was the fun of being 50. The tweaking, the costumes, exemping... One could still have fun with a character beyond the level cap.

I think my biggest wish would have been to invent a time machine, go back to 2004 & do it all again :)

-H

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 01:23:19 AM »
There were so many task-forces I never did, even the oldest ones. (Partly because my old putersaurus would turn into a slideshow with a team of eight.) A few characters that I had for a very long time were never able to see 50. So many, many things....the thing is, even after eight years, I still found new things to do. Add that to all the new content always being added and I'd have played till my bones turned to dust.

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 06:28:02 AM »
The more I thought about this question the more I realized what made CoH great and what makes me actually not have any regrets aside from not being able to play it anymore.

CoH was one of the first and very few games I could play any where as much as I did.  I have played lots of MMO's and lots of video games over the years but nothing for 8 years and nothing where I actually cared about badges and exploration.  Until CoH.  CoH made me want to get the badges, it made me want to explore all the different little places and do all the different missions for all the little stories that made your character feel like a part of you.  I loved the TF's I loved soloig, I loved badge hunting, I loved missions teams so when I got on I could go in any direction at any time and do anything.  I tried to think of something I wish I could have done.  But all I can think of are things I am glad I did do.

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 12:20:28 PM »
The thing with me is that I wish I had more time to get more of my toons to 50.  I had a Tech Scrapper called Mud Slinger that I got to the mid 40s when the game was jerked out from under our feet.  Also, I was infected with severe case of altitus.  My only real regret in not being able to play CoX anymore.  Come on Plan Zs!!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 04:28:12 PM »
Teaming, task forces, and several story arcs. Could have been busy for years. Well, when we get our City back, I'll be busy! :)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 09:59:54 PM »
Leveled a tanker to 50, one of the few archtypes I never got to 50 because I didn't have character slots for it.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 04:00:31 AM »
I hadn't finished exploring Night Ward...and there was a timed mission I rarely made because I was too busy saving downed rebel cops...I'd have liked to have aced that one.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 01:36:06 AM »
The more I thought about this question the more I realized what made CoH great and what makes me actually not have any regrets aside from not being able to play it anymore.

... when I got on I could go in any direction at any time and do anything.  I tried to think of something I wish I could have done.  But all I can think of are things I am glad I did do.

... I like your attitude! :D

I've been trying to figure out what my own answer to this would be, and I think that's why I haven't been able to come up with anything. Because like yourself, I don't regret what I didn't do... I'm grateful for what I did get to do.

Plus, it helps that I still fully believe we'll be able to do all these things again one day. So starting right now I'm making a list, and whenever I think of something I didn't get to do, I'm gonna add it to that list. And one bright day, hopefully not too far away, it's going to stop being a regret list and start being a to-do list. I can feel it!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 03:05:21 AM »
I wish I had explored and played the Redside more.  I had gotten to do all the blueside content at least once and ditto for Praetoria and new/revamped areas like Dark Astoria, but I never finished earning Patron powers even once.  Never did the arc where a Hero falls and becomes a Villain; nor the arc where a Villain finds redemption; but I did pack in as much game play as I possibly could those last 3 months.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

RockLeeXIII

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »
I wish i maxed out my char lvl ... that would have been cool ... guess make more friends ...
join a super villian group  ... got access to a base ... kill a couple of heroes ... 
and find a way to copy the server lol ... actually that last one is serious...
 :'(

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »
I've never been a picture taken type of person but I started playing WOW again last night. I decided that I've got the harddrive space, So I'm going to snap screen shots like crazy as I level up my Blood Elf Priest.

I've played WOW many times before but I let my altaholicism get the best of me and never actually maxed out a character. So this time, I'm "going to try" not to make any alts, until I get this priest where I want him.

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »
I really really wish I hadn't had blown up when I first heard CoX was closing.

I missed the final party entirely, I stopped playing and uninstalled everything the moment a friend told me their friend worked for Paragon Studios, and the game was shutting down.

I was absolutely distraught. Devastated. I grew up delivering newspapers so I could buy comic books. City of Heroes was where I belonged. A constant nagging pain that lasted for months.

I didn't save my costume files. I couldn't even look at superhero movies for several months. I have no demorecords.

Thank goodness for this community, paragonwiki, Icon (codewalker) and my real life friends that humor me by playing tabletop games based on the superhero genre. You are all heroes.
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 05:04:53 AM »
I regret not seeing all the powers in the water power set.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 08:51:25 PM »
I wish I could've done more rp'ing on the Virtue server. Gotten more badges on my main. Gotten Incarnate level on several of my level 50's I had for years who deserved it.  Attended more rp/social events. I wish I had more time to enjoy the game then I did thanks to carpal tunnel surgeries the last couple of years the game was open. Ah well, c'est la vie. I think most of life is 20/20 hindsight vision.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2014, 01:08:48 AM »
Add playing more on my scrappers (Street Justice, Staff Fighting) to the list.  In playing other games since City, I'm finding out I'm apparently pretty decent with the whole scrapper concept, where I thought I wasn't so great back then.

Sigh.  :)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2014, 07:17:39 PM »
There was always more to do, but what I got to do in City of Heroes I'm not sure anyone else got to do in anything else.  Its hard to have any regrets there.

Although I never did get that Master of Underground badge, damn mines.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 10:26:44 PM »
Although I never did get that Master of Underground badge, damn mines.

Well hey, look on the bright side. At least those mines were effective and not just pointless decoration. That's a good thing.

A mine is a terrible thing to waste.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2014, 12:12:04 AM »
Well hey, look on the bright side. At least those mines were effective and not just pointless decoration. That's a good thing.
Lets just say the Underground design was a social experiment that could have blown up in the devs faces, and at one point I came close to striking the match on it.  The design is so punitive to the actions of a single player that it promotes singling out uncooperative players.  And I was this close --><-- to being the player that gave that power to every pissed off trial runner.  I decided not to, but that was the closest I ever came to being the one to lob the bomb and see what happens.  And this is me we're talking about.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 02:02:25 AM »

As groan worthy as that was, I did chuckle a bit.
But then, I'm weird and actually like jokes like that.

I still wonder why everyone tells me to shut up though...  ???
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms