Author Topic: Paul Rudd Cast as Ant-Man  (Read 2141 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Paul Rudd Cast as Ant-Man
« on: December 20, 2013, 10:06:03 PM »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Paul Rudd Cast as Ant-Man
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
Who?  ::looks him up at imdb.com::  Nope, not ringing any bells.  He's been in a lot of movies I've pointedly avoided.  And it looks like he was in the late episodes of Friends that I didn't see in the incessant reruns on FOX back then.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »
Who?  ::looks him up at imdb.com::  Nope, not ringing any bells.  He's been in a lot of movies I've pointedly avoided.  And it looks like he was in the late episodes of Friends that I didn't see in the incessant reruns on FOX back then.

You haven't seen Anchorman?  Great Odin's Raven!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 02:39:40 PM »
I hate Will Ferrell.  He is anti-funny for me.  Rather than evoking laughter, his antics evoke an urge to hit him in the face with a large mallet.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 05:02:32 AM »
I hate Will Ferrell.  He is anti-funny for me.  Rather than evoking laughter, his antics evoke an urge to hit him in the face with a large mallet.

Will Ferrell, Rob Schneider, Adam Sandler, it's a rare film of theirs I would watch.  Now I don't know how much of the underlying problem is, like Robin Williams and other comedians, that their are only offered roles designed for their one schtick that made them well known and they simply can't get away from it.  But Robin Williams eventually got Insomnia and One Hour Photo and Ferrell did get Stranger Than Fiction.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:31:02 PM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 02:11:51 AM »
Will Ferrell, Rob Schneider, Adam Sandler, it's a rare film of theirs I would watch.

I would add Melissa McCarthy to this list for me, especially after seeing Identity Thief.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 07:40:13 PM »
Will Ferrell has the misfortune of being pigeon holed.  Stranger then fiction was a good movie but other then that everyone just wants to see one of the characters he play on SNL.  The man himself is pretty smart actually.  He has said himself that he just can't win because if he tries to do a serious movie no one will take him seriously, but when he does one of his stupid movies everyone complains about his comedy.

I would add Melissa McCarthy to this list for me, especially after seeing Identity Thief.

Hell yes.  The female version of Zach Galifianakis who invokes the same rage in me that Tenzhi spoke of about Will Ferrell

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 04:13:00 AM »
Will Ferrell has the misfortune of being pigeon holed.  Stranger then fiction was a good movie but other then that everyone just wants to see one of the characters he play on SNL.  The man himself is pretty smart actually.  He has said himself that he just can't win because if he tries to do a serious movie no one will take him seriously, but when he does one of his stupid movies everyone complains about his comedy.

That's a shame because I can't stand him in 90% of his movies but I ADORED Stranger then ficiton.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 05:40:04 AM »
That's a shame because I can't stand him in 90% of his movies but I ADORED Stranger then ficiton.

Ya agreed.  I have respect for the man but I can't really stand his movies.  Although I liked Elf too.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 02:49:28 PM »
Will Ferrell, Rob Schneider, Adam Sandler, it's a rare film of theirs I would watch.  Now I don't know how much of the underlying problem is, like Robin Williams and other comedians, that their are only offered roles designed for their one schtick that made them well known and they simply can't get away from it.  But Robin Williams eventually got Insomnia and One Hour Photo and Ferrell did get Stranger Than Fiction.
Add Pauly Shore. This guy makes me want to leap through the screen to slap him.