Author Topic: Icon Costume Contest - Mr. And Mrs. Paragon City/Rogue Isles  (Read 22180 times)

Maressa

• Boss
Icon Costume Contest - Mr. And Mrs. Paragon City/Rogue Isles
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:00:35 AM »

Remember City of Heroes in Style!

We're bringing back a fan favorite event to remember City of Heroes this year.

The Annual Mr. and Mrs. Paragon City/Rogue Isles competition!

Log into Icon to create an awesome costume and biography. Then post both in this thread!

*WARNING* This thread will get VERY image heavy.

Entries are being accepted until Sunday, December 1st at 12 Midnight GMT. Winners will be announced on December 2nd.

The top two winners will receive a Mr. or Mrs. Pargon City/Rogue Isles 2013 Sash from Missing Worlds Media!   

RULES:

One entry allowed per account.
Huge characters will be judged as Male.
Be excellent to each other.
Have fun!

Best of all.....

let the costuming begin!

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
Re: Icon Costume Contest - Mr. And Mrs. Paragon City/Rogue Isles
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:00:27 PM »
This is Timeslip. He's my Time/Sonic Defender!

Aedan Parker is a man out of time. Originally he fought as a hero in Paragon City after a Crey experiment with time travel granted him his super human powers. He fought as a Paragon Protector until the evil of Countess Crey was revealed and since then has served the City itself as the hero Timeslip. When the Battalion arrived and was about to destroy the Earth, Aedan used all his power to travel back in time with vital intel to change the outcome of that future. In the process he lost much of power and now he struggles living in a past where his previous exploits never happened and Aedan Parker never existed. He survives knowing all he's lost personally bought the entire world a second chance at survival.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:22:25 PM by Kyriani »

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:57:24 PM »
I bounced back and forth between two of the pile of characters I had came up with since shut down.  Since there wasn't a "Miss Praetoria" listed, I'll go with the Primal of the two.  The set up: I was probably one of the newest players of the game at shut down, thus there were a lot of characters/concepts/archetypes I didn't get to play.  One of those was that I never got a chance to play either of the Kheldians.  So hurry up, SCoRE, I want to see if they're as fun as they look.  My entry-

Raydiant, a Peacebringer

Raye was an ordinary teen girl, well as normal as most SciFi fans go.  Then a disembodied alien entity asked her about merging and maybe going off to fight crime together.  Of course she said yes!

Her parents didn't quite know what to think when Raye started talking about all of this but they had always been tolerant of her being slightly off-kilter.  They handwaved it away as their daughter being a little weird (again), until Raye tried practicing Luminous Blast in the house.  After patching the hole in her wall, Raye and her family had a long talk.  Eventually they agreed to allow her to head to Paragon under two conditions.  First, she was going to finish out her last year and a half of high school, even if she had to do it as "home school" while she was in Paragon.  Second, she would not in any circumstance turn into an alien life form at the dinner table.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

abyssdragon

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 05:14:48 PM »
My Elec/Dark Brute. After dealing with Mot, she began to walk a Hero's path. This is the costume she wore when she begun that path.

Sadly, I can't find her story anywhere. Losing this character makes me cry every time I see it.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:25:21 PM by abyssdragon »

Flafty

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »

Doctor Edward Vask (aka the Invincible Ohm) began his career with the Fivefold Project: a organization sanctioned by Emperor Cole to study the origins of power for the benefit of Praetoria. As part of the Technology Division, his task was to unravel just how and why it came so easy for mankind to build its incredible machines.
The Empire turned against the Project when one of its psychics stumbled into Incarnate power. Collusion between Praetor Tillman and Praetor Sinclair brought down the wrath of the Empire on the Project, and everyone in it. Rescued by the Resistance, Doctor Vask bitterly turned against the Empire and the Emperor, culminating in delaying the Emperor's invasion of Primal Earth and the destruction of the Enriche plant. So enraged by the Emperor's actions, Doctor Vask chose to take the portal to Rogue Isles and prepare that world for war by any means necessary, even if it meant becoming a villain and terrorist.
But as he came to know and experience that first-hand, his resolve wavered. Time and again he would be called on to perform some horrible task in the name of defeating the Emperor, but he couldn't do it. Where in Praetoria the evils of the Empire were hidden, in the Rogue Isles those horrors stared Dr. Vask in the face. In time, he began to see those horrors reflected in his own face, and he couldn't take it. It was the relentless evil of Westin Phipps that finally broke him. When the time came to bring down Hugo, Gally and Manticore, he simply surrendered.
That would have been the end of his career, had the Freedom Phalanx not chosen to step in. Dr. Vask's activities in the Rogue Isles had been monitored for years, and though he'd committed many acts of villainy, he'd done more damage to Arachnos and multiple villain groups than anyone else. Moreover, they knew he was a Praetorian and a member of the Resistance and hoped they could use him as a source of information.
Thus Dr. Vask started down a very long path of redemption, closely monitored and scrutinized by the Freedom Phalanx and Paragon authorities. When the Praetorians attacked Skyway city along with their Sky Raider allies, Dr. Vask was instrumental in helping defeat the IDF. On unlocking his own Incarnate power, he took the fight directly against the Empire, until at last standing side-by-side with Primal Earth's heroes to bring down the once unassailable Emperor of Praetoria.
Today, Dr. Vask has returned to his work studying the Technology origin of power. He still dons his powered armor to fight evil when he must, and is grateful to Primal Earth for doing so much to save the people of Praetoria in their darkest hour. He hopes that someday he can be worthy of that altruism.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:27:09 PM by Flafty »

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 06:03:15 PM »
Allright, suprisingly enough, my main probably never got the attention it deserved in terms of costume and some of my alts probably were more nicely suited than he is -was-.

Nevertheless, I give you Blue Storm (lvl 50+3 Claws + SR Scrapper)
Aeons ago, Earth was visited by a race of beings as old as the universe. Those beings were known as the "Stellars". In their desire to create and maintain peace and harmony throughout the cosmos, the Stellars used genetic material on the planets they visited to create beings of incredible power. Those beings were then laid dormant, buried deep beneath the surface, and kept in statis in machines beyond our understanding. Those machines monitored the planet, until the time came to awaken the guardians.
The Birth

Buried deep beneath the Earth surface, the machines waited and listened. They recorded every event that took place on the surface, from the fall of meteorites, the conquest of the lands by the Homo Sapiens to the rise and fall of kings of old. They recorded every technological progress man ever made. They recorded every war that ever took place. And patiently, relentlessly, they added, subtracted, correlated information and found it was not time yet. Until the Rikti arrived... Then, the machines awoke from their long sleep and a buzzing sound filled the rooms no humans ever set their eyes on. In a sarcophagus-like container, DNA was combined, dormant mutations were triggered, memory patterns were imprinted and a seemingly Human being was created.
Arrival on the surface

Teleported to Paragon City by the machines, Blue Storm (as he was to be called by the citizens of that town) had not yet reached its full potential. Despite their magnificent complexity, there were things the machines could not simply not teach him. Things he needed to learn before he would fullfill his destiny. Time passed and Blue Storm became a familiar hero for Paragon Citizens.

Before the Coming Storm hit, Blue Storm was focusing on the most dangerous tasks, from repelling Rikti attacks to raids in the Shadow Shard. He fought in the Praetorian war and was present in Atlas Park, at the end of all things.

--

Red Scout

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »
Man, I don't have all the good costumes of Red Scout anymore nor his back story, those are on an old computer. This costume, though, I ran around with a long time and I'm going to have to re-create his back story with what I remember of it.

Red Scout is a man of mystery. Mainly because he has amnesia and any memory he has before being discovered inside a 5th Column base are nonexistent. What he does know, he doesn't like. A team of fledgling super heroes invaded a secret lair belonging to Vandal of the 5th Column and as they were clearing out the tunnels they found a room full of human size pods, one of which was name "Roter Kundschafter" or Red Scout. Red and many others were the beginning of a genetic army that Vandal was creating with the use of information stolen from Crey Industries. Vandal's plan was to use that army to challenge Requiem's authority over the 5th Column and take it over as the supreme ruler. Driven by an anger that boils deep within him knowing that his existence is that to be a pawn in a grand scheme of a psychopath, Red Scout turn to the Freedom Phalanx to help him on his quest to become a Super Hero and ultimately get his revenge.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 08:23:45 PM »
I know it's too late to affect this contest, but every time I see references to "Mr. & Ms. Paragon," I want to add "...and It Paragon" to cover all the robots, androids, genderless aliens, constructs, devices, weapons, and so on who populated our fair city.  :)

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »
I'll throw my main in. He may not have the best costume, but he was always my number one.

Yorkshireman Andy Wilfred, while at University, took an internship in Paragon City with a small science company. Unknowingly, he'd signed himself up as a test subject as during his one and only day at the company he was tricked into entering a device called a Gene Reader, which he was told could map a human's gene structure and predict issues but could actually re-write a human's entire DNA.

The trap to create a brainwashed, fire wielding super soldier backfired as Andy was a psychic mutant, who's powers hadn't activated yet. In the panic of his body being changed, what was left of his mutation protected his mind and he regained control. The head scientist, Dr Walter Stone tried to dispose of the unconscious, 'failed' experiment by giving him to the Vahzilok to 'research'.

After escaping, Andy was found by a retired super hero who offered to help the young man control his powers and do the right thing, giving Andy his alias of Black WildFire. BW protected Paragon City for three years before he finally cornered Walter Stone with an army of strong, but not as strong super soldiers. During the pitched battle, BW engaged Stone but the crafty scientist used his final trump card, a device that could open up a one way door way to another reality and the pair went through.

Finding himself lost in a different Paragon City, he found the super group Honourable United, who took him to Portal Corp where he found something that nearly destroyed him: he couldn't return home due to the connection forged being still open and unstable, preventing other connections to his reality from being created. Walter Stone didn't make it through to Paragon, likely lost between realities, but after working with Honourable United for some time, BW decided to put the past behind him and do what he could for Primal Earth.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:51:41 PM by WildFire15 »

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »
The Terrors came for me when I was young.

A class trip to Paragon City.  Our Schoolbus attacked.  Hellions and Skulls working together, Council wolves -- Vasilok collecting "parts" --   behind them all, Circle Mystics and some massive demon-thing. 

Kids screaming -- torn apart right in front of me.  Screaming -- climbing, clawing, fighting in the confusion -- I was out of the bus -- run, run, scrambling in bushes on hands and knees, quiet, running, running... I got away.

My family's wealth gave me what I needed.  Training, equipment, experience.  Street bouncers in Amsterdam. Police in Paris. Guerrilla rebels in Africa.  Ancient mystics in Bhutan.  Any tool, any armor, any weapon, any power.

The Terrors came for me when I was young --
and I will hunt them til I die.

I am the Hawkowl.

"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Everlock

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 09:55:21 PM »

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 12:47:05 AM »

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 02:51:54 AM »
Stormy Weathermaker
Illusion / Storm Summoning Controller
(Level 50  +3)

Keeping an eye on Atlas Park

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 03:10:24 AM »
Zabastovka Molniy
Titan Weapons/Electric Armor Tanker

Via a rare semi-stable dimensional portal, the Lebedev Physical Institute established contact with the H'rrearow, a felinoid race. The H'rrearow possessed an electromagnetic sense, a survival trait on a world that spawned massive electrical storms. Rare individuals had the ability to generate protective EM fields, and were trained to become t'kzintar, warriors to defend the people. T'chsee was one of four H'rrearow chosen to return with these "Sav'et" explorers. When the portal collapsed and could not be reestablished, they were trapped on this world. The sole t'kzintar in the group, T'chsee joined Народная Армия to maintain her skills.

The H'rrearow were at the Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry when the Devouring Earth attacked the facility. A building collapse threatened their lives, and the injured survivors were put in experimental coldsleep units to await rescue. They would wait for decades; access to the subterranean chambers where the coldsleep units were was choked by rubble and contaminated by the residue from the Devouring Earth attack, and with the collapse of the Soviet Union, excavating a ruin where no one was believed to have survived was a low priority.

Eventually, the ruins were cleared to make way for an expansion of the institute's facilities. The contamination of the foundation almost resulted in a decision to simply pour in concrete to seal off the area, but an offer by a visiting group of heroes from Paragon City to clear the area and sterilize the contamination was accepted. As the sublevels were reopened and cleared, the chamber holding the coldsleep units were found. Only one unit still functioned; the others had failed, and now held only skeletons or dessicated corpses. With the research project that had developed the coldsleep units also lost in the Devouring Earth attack, the Institute had no way to safely awaken the lone survivor, so the unit was taken back to Paragon City where more sophisticated investigation could be made.

Waking in an unfamiliar medical facility, T'chsee grieved for the loss of her fellow travelers. Queries to the Lebedev Physical Institute revealed that the portal to her homeworld had collapsed, and the researchers had been unable to reestablish contact. Alone and adrift in a world not her own, she was befriended by the heroes that had rescued her coldsleep unit. Recognizing her abilities, they offered her a membership in their group; expanding her role as t'kzintar to encompass the denizens of this world, she reassumed the name given to her as a member of Народная Армия and began her new career fighting crime with them.

(As a side note, both the Lebedev Physical Institute [Физический институт им. П.Н.Лебедева] and the Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry [Институт эволюционной физиологии и биохимии им. И.М. Сеченова] are actual Soviet/Russian research facilities; when I use scientific facilities in a character background, I try to pick ones that actually existed, to help tie the background down a bit. Народная Армия, "People's Army", is my invention, one of several Soviet-era state-sponsored hero groups.)

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 06:53:00 AM »
Okay, I've never posted a pic so I am testing this.   
http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/rexxared/slideshow/
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 06:59:22 AM »
Okay, I've never posted a pic so I am testing this.   
http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/rexxared/slideshow/

Says your library is private; no one can see it.

patebringer

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 01:07:58 PM »
Our team of 3

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »
Our team of 3

She-Ra(?), He-man and Skelletor
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Dedlow

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 07:21:13 PM »
Darkwing

Battleguard

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 07:52:29 PM »

Titanium was a simple metal living his simple life in Earth Alpha-Upsilon-343. That's to say he was, before a Circle of Spikes ritual sent him falling through dimensions where he landed on Primal Earth. Seeking a way back to his home and his family, this metal humanoid tries to get on as best he can with the fleshy people around that call themselves humans.

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2013, 09:05:29 PM »
Currently the final Iteration of the Cheetatron line of alts/costumes (which started in Issue 0 as Nrg/Dev)

Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

kr22

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2013, 09:14:55 PM »

Santa Claws

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 10:23:25 PM »

My Lady's Thorn, Avatar of She Who Thrives Between

She Who Thrives Between. That was her name, and soon it became mine. In piercing the dimensions, in slipping between them and falling into the vast nothingness between realities, I became hers.

Time stands still in the Void. Every moment I floated, every moment I fell, felt like an instant an an eternity. Searing hot and searing cold at the same time, and yet my body did not wither away. I remained awake and aware for every agonizing moment of my existence in the nonexistant.

They say I was gone for fifteen seconds.

In those fifteen seconds I saw stars born, grow, and collapse in upon themselves through the places where reality grows thin. In those fifteen seconds I went mad, brought myself back to sanity, and went mad again in an endless cycle.

In time I found Her. She Who Thrives Between. She is alive like nothing else in existence. She lives, she learns, she creates, and above all she loves.

In compassion for my suffering she took me to herself, she devoured my old flesh, reduced my old bones to dust. She consumed them, digested them, and left me behind. She embraced my spirit, making it a part of her own. For far to brief and for a nearly infinite span of time I was a part of her. I was a single atom in a being the size of a universe, one single mote making up the spirit of a goddess.

With her eternal love and wisdom, she suffered and inflicted the agony of our parting. She tore away the piece of herself that I had become, giving me a miniscule portion of her own flesh and blood, and she sent me back.

It is her blood that flows through my veins, and each drop spilled spreads her wisdom, her mercy, and her love. In time plant, animal, fungi, all will become meaningless. Her plan and her will shall shape life to purpose and function. United in her love for them and our love for her.

Let me free you from the frailties of your form, let me break the chains binding your limited mind. You will feel so much better. There will be no need for anger, no need for sorrow, no need for pain.

In time all will be made one with our goddess. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not a hundred, a thousand, or a million years from now. But she waits eternities with each second that passes in the Void. She is as patient as she is wise and caring.

Just let me help you become better, beloved. Become a part of her. Become a part of me. Become a part of us.

We love you. We will always love you. In time all will know our love.

You ask why, my love? It is such the simplest thing! Knowledge that a mere child knows.

You have to remember, my sweet, that love conquers all.

Love. Conquers. All.

Captain Bacon

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 11:19:49 PM »

A beacon of all that is good, and arguably the best smelling hero to ever having existed.  Captain Bacon fights crime with a lethal combination of copious amounts of bacon grease which he manifests by a means altogether unknown, and the ability to manifest fire as well.  These two factors would be bad enough if it weren't for making the bad guys so distractingly hungry in the midst of the fight.  Always supportive to other heroes, always a source of silliness, Captain Bacon loves you all!!!!!

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 12:20:51 AM »
Sub Zera ( Ice Blast / Radiation Emission Corrupter ).  Sorry, I do not have a bio yet.

rapierbill

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 02:04:49 AM »

Otakun

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 02:32:10 AM »

Yume no Tsuzuki means "the Dream will continue." This was the very last character I created, on the very last day.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:16:46 AM by Otakun »

Digital Nomad

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 03:08:03 AM »

Edit: Added for clarity of costume

Vigil Arrow
Trick Arrow/Archery Defender

In a world of gods, monsters, mutants, and aliens, he is simply a man with a bow who will not miss.

Mid's build
http://tinyurl.com/p6ff8kr
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:58:53 AM by Digital Nomad »

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 03:25:05 AM »
Dark Vines my Dark/Dark Scrapper

Sean Evans was born with dark powers and raised by the Circle of Thorns. His parents was teaching him everything they know how to use every Circle of Thorn spells. When he hit puberty he started to grow vines through his body and came with the name Dark Vines. As time went on he was getting a lot of attention from the Circle of Thorn members. Eventually, his dad got jealous. He felt he wasn't part of the Circle of Thorns anymore. He challenged Dark Vines into a duel. They'd fought for several hours while his mother watched them fight helplessly. Dark Vines won the duel, killing his father. He told his mother he's not going to be a member of the Circle of Thorns anymore because he feels guilty killing his own father. Numina found him and trained him to become a hero in Paragon City. Years later, Dark Vines somehow had grown hatred from the heart telling himself he doesn't want to be a hero anymore. He went to the Rogue Isles and got inspired by Ghost Widow and wanted to serve Arachnos for a while. He forgot he had a girlfriend in Paragon City. She kept calling him, leaving messages, and emailing him telling him to come back to Paragon City. Dark Vines was pissed off, then he finally made his decision. He is now Rogue so he can do his own thing, visiting Paragon City and Rogue Isles helping heroes and villains, and spend time with his girlfriend.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:33:51 AM by Dev7on »

American Wonder

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 05:37:52 AM »

Ze'fira
Earth Control/Fire Assault Dominator

Rumors are that she is called Ze'fira, meaning morning, as a more hopeful name than that of her true identity, the incarnate of Sekhmet. It is said in the early days of the war against the Devouring Earth, an Egyptologist and his small team stumbled upon an abandoned dig site in Memphis, Egypt. The site appeared to have been attacked. Upon investigating more, he found winches that dropped ropes into a narrow opening at the site. Continuing to look for survivors, he found the attack had uprooted the earth and unveiled an entrance to ancient temple. His curiosity pushed him forward as he read the glyphs etched into the columns. Suddenly, he noticed a soft sound,that of breathing, from within the temple. He came upon them in the deepest chamber , a woman and a man, unconscious but alive, adorned as gods.The team brought them to America and to Emperor Cole.

Will she be mornings hope or the slayer of men?

Mid's Hero Designer Build
http://tinyurl.com/npudfse
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:56:45 PM by American Wonder »

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »
My Elec/Dark Brute. After dealing with Mot, she began to walk a Hero's path. This is the costume she wore when she begun that path.

Sadly, I can't find her story anywhere. Losing this character makes me cry every time I see it.

That's me in the background.  The Zombie in black trench coat and black pants!
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2013, 07:37:43 PM »
Chrissie Blizzard

Christina Sturm was a relatively ordinary German policewoman of American ancestry, until she took part in a raid on an illegal laboratory. Its operator, one Dr. Lachsbach, tried to create new kinds of weapons he could then sell to other villain groups. Unprepared and unarmed, he threw his vials at the officers. Christina was hit, and the distraction allowed Lachsbach to escape.

The chemicals affected Christina's body, and she eventually found herself with several superpowers, most notably the power to produce cold, in a way that allowed her to hurl shards of ice. She soon left service in order to operate independently.

Chrissie Blizzard became one of the most famous Heroes in the region. This angered Dr. Lachsbach, who had not gotten his career back on track. It was relatively easy for him to figure out her civilian identity, and he took revenge by having her family murdered. However, this made Chrissie only more determined to vanquish evil, and less restricted.

Not long after, she came to Paragon City while investigating a plot involving the 5th Column. Realizing that, following the destruction of Galaxy City, there was a need for someone like her, and up for a change of scenery, she took up residence in Paragon.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:58:52 PM by Corlagon »

NightProwl

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2013, 07:42:45 PM »
This is "CYBER RED", I hope this post right because I've been having problems with this site.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=172390599635123&set=oa.539287672827253&type=1&theater

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2013, 09:00:14 PM »
Unfortunately my hosting site downgrades the quality of these screenies. This is my Fire/FF Controller, made specifically for use during ship raids. She was not my go-to character, but her costumes always made people stop and look. Began as a hero, switched to redside and never looked back. Her name was Firefly Lantern.

Not really entering this contest, my quality is not good enough. Its just been one year today that all my characters died. And I miss them all so much.

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2013, 09:29:25 PM »

Ephemeris

• Underling
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2013, 10:40:47 PM »

Sachem pictured with his wolf Blitzer. (photo by CR or DD)

Sachem (Beast/Storm/Leviathan Mastermind)

NightProwl

• Underling
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2013, 10:57:50 PM »

SmartOvercoat

• Underling
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2013, 11:08:48 PM »

Mr. Fahrenheit

In the closing months of City of Heroes I put much of my efforts into filling out the ranks of a supergroup I'd created with heroes designed based on the lyrics from pop songs.  I was particularly proud of Pinball.Wizard, who looked as much like a Praetorian Seer as I could manage, and El Condor Pasa who had a great look.  Oh, and No Fear Cavalier, who had one of my favorite character descriptions: "He's a renegade, so steer clear."  Short and simple, and if that didn't get the source song stuck in your head, then I wasn't doing my job.

It should have occurred to me, but didn't, to create a character from Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now", so I'm rectifying it here.  With a shiny, mercury skin under a signature moustache, Mr. Farenheit is a Sonic/Fire Defender with afterburner-level flight travel powers.  This would allow him to
  • "Burn... through the sky, yeah, [at] 200 degrees"
  • "Travel at the speed of light"
  • and "Make a super-sonic man out of you."
Future costumes would reflect the lyrics involving being "a rocket ship on [his] way to Mars", being "Lady Godiva" (!!), and being "a shooting star leaping through the air like a tiger".  Because, well, why have five costume slots if you can't fill them with crazy alts from crazy imagery.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 12:05:09 AM »
And this is the end! Good luck to everyone taking part! Any entries posted after this will not be counted as part of the competition but will be enjoyed by all.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »
Took too long.
The bio wasn't working out - too much backstory to abbreviate, and I'm a horrible writer.

Athena 2.0 ( in CoH: Booster Angel, Beam Rifle/Energy Blaster)

Cold air on my face as the faceplate retracts.
The sound of my own voice screaming: "DO I LOOK LIKE A GODDAMN MACHINE TO YOU?!".
Blue takes a step back. The helmet covers her face, but her body language still makes the reaction clear: Shock. Revulsion. Horror.

I remember the child taught to become a weapon.
I remember the girl who thought herself a warrior.
I remember the soldier who chose to become more.

I began my life as a weapon.
That is not all I am.
But in the here and now, it will suffice.

This is not my home.
Not my fight.
But it is something worth fighting for.

My name is Freyja Hildrsdottir.
I am Athena.
And I will not surrender, now or ever
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 03:37:52 AM »
Perdition, a Fire/Kinetics controller

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 04:13:08 AM »
Little David has an in-depth character history, which you can read here at his DWRP account. (And yeah, I did throw together that custom layout for his journal, heheh.)

I know what having a background spill out of the space available in-game is like; I always had to trim even the initial backgrounds to fit into the tiny space available, and one of my characters had his background grow into a longer story, currently sitting at seven pages while I try to work out a believable fight scene and aftermath.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »
Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know we haven't announced the winner yet because we're waiting to hear back from one of our judges. But as soon as I know, you'll know.

Best of luck and thank you for your patience!

Aura Controller

• Minion
  • "Hey, is there room in that head for one more?"
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2013, 05:33:47 PM »
I know it's after Dec 1st I was just feeling very down in the dumps and nostalgic. So I made this girl for old times sake. Her name is Mistech. She uses the best of both worlds by combining magic and technology. I know not very interesting story but I don't want to get to attached to her...

http://www.youtube.com/user/AccidentalPsychopath

Look I'm on YouTube!
Is it OK to advertise that down here? O.o
Also does anyone ever read these?

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2013, 07:13:10 PM »
Alright ladies and gentlemen! I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. I wanted to check in with all our judges before we made any announcements. After much debate and discussion we've finally decided on two winners. It was a tough choice to make with so many awesome costumes to pick from. But finally we have selected.......

Ze'fira by American Wonder

and

Mr. Fahrenheit by melbatoast

Congratulations winners. Please check your messages so we can get your prizes out to you!

And thank you to everyone else who took part. You once again reminded me about how difficult costume contests are and how much fun as well.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2013, 08:02:46 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!! I'll mention them on 'Save CoH' Radio next week!

Digital Nomad

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2013, 02:12:43 AM »
Congratulations to the winners! I am honored to count myself among you all!

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2013, 02:38:07 AM »
Congratulations to the winners...  Well done!   

Thank you for hosting the costume contest, Maressa  :)

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »
Very nice posts...!!
Mr. Fahrenheit reminds me of Freddie Mercury for some reason. :roll:

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2013, 10:22:49 PM »
I was thinking the exact same thing!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2013, 12:52:39 AM »
Gratz!

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2013, 01:27:38 AM »
Very nice posts...!!

Well given the source, that's not surprising.

I also had several toons from song lyrics/titles/album titles:

Black Hole Sun
Suspect Device
Psychosis Safari
Sixteen tons
Give my love to Rose
Strange little girl
Baron von Tollbooth
The chrome nun
Intravenous de Milo
Stupyd Cupyd

a couple of musicians

Eastgate Bay Ray
Catboi Slim

and a couple of pastiched songs

Tweenage Rampage
Spycho Killer

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2013, 11:36:37 AM »

Very nice posts...!!

I was thinking the exact same thing!

That's because it's intended. The lyrics he quoted on his post are from the Queen song "Don't stop me now" where Freddie sings "they call me Mr. Fahrenheit".-

I have to admit that creating chars based on song lyrics was fun, I myself had a Gene Djinnie and a Moonage Daydream... darn how I miss them now
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:41:41 AM by Nightmarer »

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2013, 12:49:43 PM »
Congratz to the winners :)

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »
Great alts everyone! Congratulations to the winners! :)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2013, 02:57:36 AM »
*standing O for the winners*

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

abyssdragon

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2013, 01:38:25 AM »
What, after all the great comments i always got for my costume, Morvazel is not pleased. However, she isn't the dark being she used to be. She will let it slide.