Author Topic: Icon Costume Contest - Mr. And Mrs. Paragon City/Rogue Isles  (Read 22182 times)

Maressa

• Boss
Icon Costume Contest - Mr. And Mrs. Paragon City/Rogue Isles
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:00:35 AM »

Remember City of Heroes in Style!

We're bringing back a fan favorite event to remember City of Heroes this year.

The Annual Mr. and Mrs. Paragon City/Rogue Isles competition!

Log into Icon to create an awesome costume and biography. Then post both in this thread!

*WARNING* This thread will get VERY image heavy.

Entries are being accepted until Sunday, December 1st at 12 Midnight GMT. Winners will be announced on December 2nd.

The top two winners will receive a Mr. or Mrs. Pargon City/Rogue Isles 2013 Sash from Missing Worlds Media!   

RULES:

One entry allowed per account.
Huge characters will be judged as Male.
Be excellent to each other.
Have fun!

Best of all.....

let the costuming begin!

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
Re: Icon Costume Contest - Mr. And Mrs. Paragon City/Rogue Isles
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:00:27 PM »
This is Timeslip. He's my Time/Sonic Defender!

Aedan Parker is a man out of time. Originally he fought as a hero in Paragon City after a Crey experiment with time travel granted him his super human powers. He fought as a Paragon Protector until the evil of Countess Crey was revealed and since then has served the City itself as the hero Timeslip. When the Battalion arrived and was about to destroy the Earth, Aedan used all his power to travel back in time with vital intel to change the outcome of that future. In the process he lost much of power and now he struggles living in a past where his previous exploits never happened and Aedan Parker never existed. He survives knowing all he's lost personally bought the entire world a second chance at survival.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:22:25 PM by Kyriani »

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:57:24 PM »
I bounced back and forth between two of the pile of characters I had came up with since shut down.  Since there wasn't a "Miss Praetoria" listed, I'll go with the Primal of the two.  The set up: I was probably one of the newest players of the game at shut down, thus there were a lot of characters/concepts/archetypes I didn't get to play.  One of those was that I never got a chance to play either of the Kheldians.  So hurry up, SCoRE, I want to see if they're as fun as they look.  My entry-

Raydiant, a Peacebringer

Raye was an ordinary teen girl, well as normal as most SciFi fans go.  Then a disembodied alien entity asked her about merging and maybe going off to fight crime together.  Of course she said yes!

Her parents didn't quite know what to think when Raye started talking about all of this but they had always been tolerant of her being slightly off-kilter.  They handwaved it away as their daughter being a little weird (again), until Raye tried practicing Luminous Blast in the house.  After patching the hole in her wall, Raye and her family had a long talk.  Eventually they agreed to allow her to head to Paragon under two conditions.  First, she was going to finish out her last year and a half of high school, even if she had to do it as "home school" while she was in Paragon.  Second, she would not in any circumstance turn into an alien life form at the dinner table.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

abyssdragon

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 05:14:48 PM »
My Elec/Dark Brute. After dealing with Mot, she began to walk a Hero's path. This is the costume she wore when she begun that path.

Sadly, I can't find her story anywhere. Losing this character makes me cry every time I see it.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:25:21 PM by abyssdragon »

Flafty

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »

Doctor Edward Vask (aka the Invincible Ohm) began his career with the Fivefold Project: a organization sanctioned by Emperor Cole to study the origins of power for the benefit of Praetoria. As part of the Technology Division, his task was to unravel just how and why it came so easy for mankind to build its incredible machines.
The Empire turned against the Project when one of its psychics stumbled into Incarnate power. Collusion between Praetor Tillman and Praetor Sinclair brought down the wrath of the Empire on the Project, and everyone in it. Rescued by the Resistance, Doctor Vask bitterly turned against the Empire and the Emperor, culminating in delaying the Emperor's invasion of Primal Earth and the destruction of the Enriche plant. So enraged by the Emperor's actions, Doctor Vask chose to take the portal to Rogue Isles and prepare that world for war by any means necessary, even if it meant becoming a villain and terrorist.
But as he came to know and experience that first-hand, his resolve wavered. Time and again he would be called on to perform some horrible task in the name of defeating the Emperor, but he couldn't do it. Where in Praetoria the evils of the Empire were hidden, in the Rogue Isles those horrors stared Dr. Vask in the face. In time, he began to see those horrors reflected in his own face, and he couldn't take it. It was the relentless evil of Westin Phipps that finally broke him. When the time came to bring down Hugo, Gally and Manticore, he simply surrendered.
That would have been the end of his career, had the Freedom Phalanx not chosen to step in. Dr. Vask's activities in the Rogue Isles had been monitored for years, and though he'd committed many acts of villainy, he'd done more damage to Arachnos and multiple villain groups than anyone else. Moreover, they knew he was a Praetorian and a member of the Resistance and hoped they could use him as a source of information.
Thus Dr. Vask started down a very long path of redemption, closely monitored and scrutinized by the Freedom Phalanx and Paragon authorities. When the Praetorians attacked Skyway city along with their Sky Raider allies, Dr. Vask was instrumental in helping defeat the IDF. On unlocking his own Incarnate power, he took the fight directly against the Empire, until at last standing side-by-side with Primal Earth's heroes to bring down the once unassailable Emperor of Praetoria.
Today, Dr. Vask has returned to his work studying the Technology origin of power. He still dons his powered armor to fight evil when he must, and is grateful to Primal Earth for doing so much to save the people of Praetoria in their darkest hour. He hopes that someday he can be worthy of that altruism.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:27:09 PM by Flafty »

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 06:03:15 PM »
Allright, suprisingly enough, my main probably never got the attention it deserved in terms of costume and some of my alts probably were more nicely suited than he is -was-.

Nevertheless, I give you Blue Storm (lvl 50+3 Claws + SR Scrapper)
Aeons ago, Earth was visited by a race of beings as old as the universe. Those beings were known as the "Stellars". In their desire to create and maintain peace and harmony throughout the cosmos, the Stellars used genetic material on the planets they visited to create beings of incredible power. Those beings were then laid dormant, buried deep beneath the surface, and kept in statis in machines beyond our understanding. Those machines monitored the planet, until the time came to awaken the guardians.
The Birth

Buried deep beneath the Earth surface, the machines waited and listened. They recorded every event that took place on the surface, from the fall of meteorites, the conquest of the lands by the Homo Sapiens to the rise and fall of kings of old. They recorded every technological progress man ever made. They recorded every war that ever took place. And patiently, relentlessly, they added, subtracted, correlated information and found it was not time yet. Until the Rikti arrived... Then, the machines awoke from their long sleep and a buzzing sound filled the rooms no humans ever set their eyes on. In a sarcophagus-like container, DNA was combined, dormant mutations were triggered, memory patterns were imprinted and a seemingly Human being was created.
Arrival on the surface

Teleported to Paragon City by the machines, Blue Storm (as he was to be called by the citizens of that town) had not yet reached its full potential. Despite their magnificent complexity, there were things the machines could not simply not teach him. Things he needed to learn before he would fullfill his destiny. Time passed and Blue Storm became a familiar hero for Paragon Citizens.

Before the Coming Storm hit, Blue Storm was focusing on the most dangerous tasks, from repelling Rikti attacks to raids in the Shadow Shard. He fought in the Praetorian war and was present in Atlas Park, at the end of all things.

--

Red Scout

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »
Man, I don't have all the good costumes of Red Scout anymore nor his back story, those are on an old computer. This costume, though, I ran around with a long time and I'm going to have to re-create his back story with what I remember of it.

Red Scout is a man of mystery. Mainly because he has amnesia and any memory he has before being discovered inside a 5th Column base are nonexistent. What he does know, he doesn't like. A team of fledgling super heroes invaded a secret lair belonging to Vandal of the 5th Column and as they were clearing out the tunnels they found a room full of human size pods, one of which was name "Roter Kundschafter" or Red Scout. Red and many others were the beginning of a genetic army that Vandal was creating with the use of information stolen from Crey Industries. Vandal's plan was to use that army to challenge Requiem's authority over the 5th Column and take it over as the supreme ruler. Driven by an anger that boils deep within him knowing that his existence is that to be a pawn in a grand scheme of a psychopath, Red Scout turn to the Freedom Phalanx to help him on his quest to become a Super Hero and ultimately get his revenge.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 08:23:45 PM »
I know it's too late to affect this contest, but every time I see references to "Mr. & Ms. Paragon," I want to add "...and It Paragon" to cover all the robots, androids, genderless aliens, constructs, devices, weapons, and so on who populated our fair city.  :)

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »
I'll throw my main in. He may not have the best costume, but he was always my number one.

Yorkshireman Andy Wilfred, while at University, took an internship in Paragon City with a small science company. Unknowingly, he'd signed himself up as a test subject as during his one and only day at the company he was tricked into entering a device called a Gene Reader, which he was told could map a human's gene structure and predict issues but could actually re-write a human's entire DNA.

The trap to create a brainwashed, fire wielding super soldier backfired as Andy was a psychic mutant, who's powers hadn't activated yet. In the panic of his body being changed, what was left of his mutation protected his mind and he regained control. The head scientist, Dr Walter Stone tried to dispose of the unconscious, 'failed' experiment by giving him to the Vahzilok to 'research'.

After escaping, Andy was found by a retired super hero who offered to help the young man control his powers and do the right thing, giving Andy his alias of Black WildFire. BW protected Paragon City for three years before he finally cornered Walter Stone with an army of strong, but not as strong super soldiers. During the pitched battle, BW engaged Stone but the crafty scientist used his final trump card, a device that could open up a one way door way to another reality and the pair went through.

Finding himself lost in a different Paragon City, he found the super group Honourable United, who took him to Portal Corp where he found something that nearly destroyed him: he couldn't return home due to the connection forged being still open and unstable, preventing other connections to his reality from being created. Walter Stone didn't make it through to Paragon, likely lost between realities, but after working with Honourable United for some time, BW decided to put the past behind him and do what he could for Primal Earth.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:51:41 PM by WildFire15 »

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »
The Terrors came for me when I was young.

A class trip to Paragon City.  Our Schoolbus attacked.  Hellions and Skulls working together, Council wolves -- Vasilok collecting "parts" --   behind them all, Circle Mystics and some massive demon-thing. 

Kids screaming -- torn apart right in front of me.  Screaming -- climbing, clawing, fighting in the confusion -- I was out of the bus -- run, run, scrambling in bushes on hands and knees, quiet, running, running... I got away.

My family's wealth gave me what I needed.  Training, equipment, experience.  Street bouncers in Amsterdam. Police in Paris. Guerrilla rebels in Africa.  Ancient mystics in Bhutan.  Any tool, any armor, any weapon, any power.

The Terrors came for me when I was young --
and I will hunt them til I die.

I am the Hawkowl.

"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Everlock

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 09:55:21 PM »

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 12:47:05 AM »

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 02:51:54 AM »
Stormy Weathermaker
Illusion / Storm Summoning Controller
(Level 50  +3)

Keeping an eye on Atlas Park

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 03:10:24 AM »
Zabastovka Molniy
Titan Weapons/Electric Armor Tanker

Via a rare semi-stable dimensional portal, the Lebedev Physical Institute established contact with the H'rrearow, a felinoid race. The H'rrearow possessed an electromagnetic sense, a survival trait on a world that spawned massive electrical storms. Rare individuals had the ability to generate protective EM fields, and were trained to become t'kzintar, warriors to defend the people. T'chsee was one of four H'rrearow chosen to return with these "Sav'et" explorers. When the portal collapsed and could not be reestablished, they were trapped on this world. The sole t'kzintar in the group, T'chsee joined Народная Армия to maintain her skills.

The H'rrearow were at the Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry when the Devouring Earth attacked the facility. A building collapse threatened their lives, and the injured survivors were put in experimental coldsleep units to await rescue. They would wait for decades; access to the subterranean chambers where the coldsleep units were was choked by rubble and contaminated by the residue from the Devouring Earth attack, and with the collapse of the Soviet Union, excavating a ruin where no one was believed to have survived was a low priority.

Eventually, the ruins were cleared to make way for an expansion of the institute's facilities. The contamination of the foundation almost resulted in a decision to simply pour in concrete to seal off the area, but an offer by a visiting group of heroes from Paragon City to clear the area and sterilize the contamination was accepted. As the sublevels were reopened and cleared, the chamber holding the coldsleep units were found. Only one unit still functioned; the others had failed, and now held only skeletons or dessicated corpses. With the research project that had developed the coldsleep units also lost in the Devouring Earth attack, the Institute had no way to safely awaken the lone survivor, so the unit was taken back to Paragon City where more sophisticated investigation could be made.

Waking in an unfamiliar medical facility, T'chsee grieved for the loss of her fellow travelers. Queries to the Lebedev Physical Institute revealed that the portal to her homeworld had collapsed, and the researchers had been unable to reestablish contact. Alone and adrift in a world not her own, she was befriended by the heroes that had rescued her coldsleep unit. Recognizing her abilities, they offered her a membership in their group; expanding her role as t'kzintar to encompass the denizens of this world, she reassumed the name given to her as a member of Народная Армия and began her new career fighting crime with them.

(As a side note, both the Lebedev Physical Institute [Физический институт им. П.Н.Лебедева] and the Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry [Институт эволюционной физиологии и биохимии им. И.М. Сеченова] are actual Soviet/Russian research facilities; when I use scientific facilities in a character background, I try to pick ones that actually existed, to help tie the background down a bit. Народная Армия, "People's Army", is my invention, one of several Soviet-era state-sponsored hero groups.)

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 06:53:00 AM »
Okay, I've never posted a pic so I am testing this.   
http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/rexxared/slideshow/
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 06:59:22 AM »
Okay, I've never posted a pic so I am testing this.   
http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/rexxared/slideshow/

Says your library is private; no one can see it.

patebringer

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 01:07:58 PM »
Our team of 3

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »
Our team of 3

She-Ra(?), He-man and Skelletor
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Dedlow

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 07:21:13 PM »
Darkwing

Battleguard

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 07:52:29 PM »

Titanium was a simple metal living his simple life in Earth Alpha-Upsilon-343. That's to say he was, before a Circle of Spikes ritual sent him falling through dimensions where he landed on Primal Earth. Seeking a way back to his home and his family, this metal humanoid tries to get on as best he can with the fleshy people around that call themselves humans.