Author Topic: The Guild - Season 1+  (Read 1229 times)

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
The Guild - Season 1+
« on: November 22, 2013, 03:06:44 PM »
OK so this is new to me, but I'm old, so whilst it's probably old news to you, it's new to me and it might be new to someone else...

The Guild appears to be a YouTube show that has really made me chuckle, and I don't normally spend a lot of time on YouTube!

It's a comedy parody of people in an MMO Guild and their trials and tribulations. Production values and acting skills get better and better as the show progresses with some big name cameos at the end of Season 5. To start with though, it's a bit unpolished. Felicia Day seems to be behind it - the woman that brought you Date My Avatar which prompted Samuraiko's City of heroes version.

Each season is from 40-1:30 minutes long so there's a lot to get through. I have to say I identified with the problems facing the cast during Season 5 in light of what happened to CoH. You could just jump in there, but you'd be missing a lot of MMO gags throughout.

Fun stuff!

-H

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: The Guild - Season 1+
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:33:05 PM »
"Do You Wanna Date My Avatar" was a music video they did before Season 3 (song co-written by Joss Whedon's brother Jed with choreography done by his now wife Maurissa who was one of the dancers, they now work on Agents of SHIELD).

There are two other The Guild music videos.  One, a Bollywood homage called "Game On" before Season 4 and a more traditional MTV style video called "I'm the One That's Cool" that came out last year during the launch of Felicia Day's YouTube geek channel Geek & Sundry which has series including TableTop, a series hosted by Wil Wheaton on board games where he and other celebs, both TV and internet, play and evaluate games like Ticket to Ride, Munchkin, Settlers of Catan, etc. The Vlogs there are also fun.  Currently everyone seems to be doing a Doctor Who 50th aimed Vlog.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »
If you ever have a lot of free time and you're bored, get Tony started talking about TableTop.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 04:33:17 PM »
If you liked the Guild, I'd also like to highly recommend checking out their YouTube channel Geek & Sundry.  My personal favorite on that channel being Space Janitors.  Its a Star Wars spoof based around a couple Imperial janitors.
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen