Author Topic: All the little references you have caught over the years  (Read 5886 times)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Re: All the little references you have caught over the years
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 04:59:03 AM »
Saw an operative Lo Pan once as well as Archon Benetar (which made me think of Pat Benetar. Probably just me...) Both radio mishes I  think.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 12:14:05 PM »
A lot of the minor NPCs in the shadow shard are apparently named after attendees of the Omega Sektor fan meetup in the UK.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 05:00:47 PM »
Dunno if this was already mentioned, but I'll bring it up as it was so darn obvious to me.

The Manticore - Batman parallel.

Billion dollar playboy with a huge mansion with secret passages and an underground cave beneath. Wears a mask to inspire fear into evildoers, and has a penchant for vigilante justice.

Here's another I recently thought of...

:o
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:19:59 PM by LadyShin »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 03:10:03 PM »
Dunno if this was already mentioned, but I'll bring it up as it was so darn obvious to me.

And States was heavily lifted from SuperMan.  CoH was pretty trope-tastic, but that was never a real problem for me.

I'd like to "third" keeping the Wiki updated.  It's not like the game is physically gone and the Wiki can be used to help other projects.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »
-Manticore was like what if Bruce Wayne became Green Arrow
-Statesman had a role like Superman or Captain America but an Origin more similar to New 52 Shazam/Captain Marvel. Recluse was pretty much his Black Adam
-Nemesis was like Doctor Doom
-Crey was kind of like Lex Corp
-Malta was kind of like Cadmus
-,PPD and Freedom Corps both had elements of SHIELD
-Vanguard was kind of like SWORD
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 03:33:35 PM »
I remember hearing an NPC quote Silverado on a couple occasions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0TzyC45B_Y

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »
here's another....

Hamidon...

Seed of Hamidon...

Galactus...

Seed of Galactus...

Synapse...

Flash.

Neuron...

Reverse Flash...

"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."