Author Topic: Cap 2 Trailer  (Read 1912 times)

Magus Prime

• Boss
Cap 2 Trailer
« on: October 24, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Cap 2 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 09:16:34 PM »
Tube version I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA

Don't like the long straight hair.

Helicarrier 2.0
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:22:56 PM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Arnabas

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 03:44:19 AM »
Not a fan of the hair, either.

If Fury was upset about the cost of repairing Coulson's plane, this'll kill him.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 05:33:51 AM »
As I posted on another forum:

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »
yeah, denting a modified C10 is nothing compared to a sunk helicarrier

I had trouble hearing anything on the trailer because of my shitty connection, but I didn't see anything that turned me off.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 09:54:31 AM »
I hate that Cap is looking more dull and muted than ever.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 01:51:11 PM »
I hate that Cap is looking more dull and muted than ever.
Do you mean the blue costume with the white eagle/symbol?  That's from the comics when he gave up being Captain America (to Bucky ironically) for a little bit.  I think they're just using it in this one as an alternate uniform.  It's possible that it will indicate his compliance with friendly forces that aren't all that friendly and there will be a big hero shot later where he puts on the classic duds.  That's just speculation on my part.

That said, I much prefer the all blue uniform to the one from the Avengers.  That one looked terrible compared to his WW2 uniform; that one looked fantastic!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 05:22:30 PM »
I mean that the colours on the uniform are too dull.  The blue and red isn't blue or red enough.  I imagine that it's mostly an issue with filtering.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:49:26 PM »
the new midnight blue costume could be an issue with lighting/saturation tricks, or it could be a part of the story. the Avengers uniform was intended to be function-over-form, being realistically functional body armor and tactical slings. This could be an extension of that, moving to a more effective urban-camo color than the bright primary blues and whites and reds of the traditional Cap suit. in that way it would serve the story-line of Steve trying to fit in with the world of the twenty-first century and his duties with Shield. As CG said, there is likely a moment in the film where he says "pancake this stuff" and goes back to the more traditional stars and stripes ensemble.

that sort of complex visual story telling is definitely in line with what Favereux did with Stark in all the Ironman movies where in each armor was subtly more advanced and purposeful than its predecessor, and likewise Batman Begins to The Dark Knight made the suit a part of the story, bringing up each iterations' advances and drawbacks.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
Don't like the long straight hair.
Why? It's just like in the comics... the domino mask looks stupid in RL though. Especially with today's facial recognition software and stuff; it would be pretty much useless anyway.

btw, I really like Falcon's look.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.