Author Topic: CoH Easter Egg in Bioshock Infinite?  (Read 2132 times)

Cinnder

• Boss
CoH Easter Egg in Bioshock Infinite?
« on: October 23, 2013, 09:45:47 PM »
So I'm looking off to the side in BI and I see this plaque on the wall, to the right of the CLOSED sign.  Can't click it or anything, but isn't this the same art that was used for the history plaques in CoX?  Tribute easter egg, or is this just a stock graphics image?

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: CoH Easter Egg in Bioshock Infinite?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:06:09 PM »
I can see the similarities, but it's definitely not the same art as in CoH.

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 11:34:04 PM »
Ah, thanks.  I couldn't remember exactly what the CoX plaques looked like.

Gee, is it irony that the opening quote to Bioshock Infinite is "The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist..." ??  :)

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 01:47:06 AM »
I've had this happen to me before, too, in a couple of games. Before that, it happened in real life. I saw a plaque that looked an awful lot like a City of Heroes plaque. I can't remember where. But it was while I was still playing City of Heroes. But then I thought, you know, there are generally just going to be similarities between plaques. A good plaque has something to say. The plaque itself shouldn't be a work of art. It's going to be understated. The message is what you're supposed to find most interesting. Plaques are also often solemn in appearance when they are in memorial to something, which they usually are.

Red Scout

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 04:25:23 AM »
I don't know why I laughed so hard at the 'Sorry, we're closed' sign.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 07:31:01 PM »
Eh, I don't quite buy it. Easter eggs tend to be quite obvious to folks familiar with what it's referencing and one would have to squint -really- hard to make the connection there. Besides, a plaque's a plaque and those aren't exactly exclusive to CoX; heck, if there's a historical structure there's likely a plaque marking it as such.