Author Topic: Heroes Reborn  (Read 1920 times)

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
Heroes Reborn
« on: February 23, 2014, 08:03:58 AM »
http://www.nbc.com/heroes

Heroes set to return to NBC in 2015 with a 13 episode mini series titled Heroes Reborn! 

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: Heroes Reborn
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 03:06:24 PM »
I wonder if Marvel will sue?

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 03:09:49 PM »
Depending on who the cast turns out to be, it could be interesting. They really should have stuck with the original plan and had a rotating cast of characters instead of sticking with the same people over and over.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 08:11:36 PM »
Revisting characters?

Sylar has to be there.  Has to.

Past that, I'm guessing perhaps Hiro, Claire, and Peter.  Maybe Matt Parkman.  Don't/shouldn't "need" anyone else 'ceptin' Claire's Dad, and that's iffy-ish unless he's some sort of Nick Fury-esqe leader.

Although that creepy dollmaster Eric Doyle would be pretty cool as a villain maybe.

Whatever, I'm in.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 02:33:44 AM »
This'll give me a reason to start/finish watching my DVD sets of the series. I lost track of it when it changed nights mid-run, so hopefully this incarnation will be on a night I don't have a conflict.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 03:51:51 PM »
It won't be the same without live posting on the forums with Troy Hickman.  Those were some of the best threads on the CoH forums.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 11:37:29 PM »
Depending on who the cast turns out to be, it could be interesting. They really should have stuck with the original plan and had a rotating cast of characters instead of sticking with the same people over and over.

Yeah here's hoping that with it being called a mini series it won,t run into all the executive interference that derailed things after other the first season.
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:25:06 AM »

i agree. they should have changed characters every season like they do on power rangers. imo, it would have made all the other seasons alot better.
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »
Unfortunately, TV doesn't work that way.  They want bankable stars that can draw the viewers from season to season.  That's probably what derailed the original(?) plan of a new cast from season to season.

They might be able to get away with it by making it "event programming" like maxi-series from the 80's (think "V"). 

Lothic

• Lieutenant
  • Like tears in rain...
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 04:00:06 PM »
Unfortunately, TV doesn't work that way.  They want bankable stars that can draw the viewers from season to season.  That's probably what derailed the original(?) plan of a new cast from season to season.

They might be able to get away with it by making it "event programming" like maxi-series from the 80's (think "V").

I'd agree with you that "most" US network TV shows don't work that way, or at least the network suits don't think they "can" work that way.  But I'd mention American Horror Story as a good example of a show that's managed to prove you can in fact "reshuffle" a show's main stars and plotlines from season to season and make it work fairly well.

Basically I credit the relative nose-dive in quality of Heroes after its first season squarely on its failure to hold to its original idea of switching things up from season to season.  Heroes was designed to work like American Horror Story and only fell apart when they didn't let it happen as planned.  Their sad attempt to keep the same story and characters limping along like a traditional episodic TV show spelled its doom towards silliness pretty much from the beginning of the second season.
CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Lucky666

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »
I'd agree with you that "most" US network TV shows don't work that way, or at least the network suits don't think they "can" work that way.  But I'd mention American Horror Story as a good example of a show that's managed to prove you can in fact "reshuffle" a show's main stars and plotlines from season to season and make it work fairly well.

Basically I credit the relative nose-dive in quality of Heroes after its first season squarely on its failure to hold to its original idea of switching things up from season to season.  Heroes was designed to work like American Horror Story and only fell apart when they didn't let it happen as planned.  Their sad attempt to keep the same story and characters limping along like a traditional episodic TV show spelled its doom towards silliness pretty much from the beginning of the second season.

Beat me to it. Seriously anyone who hasn't seen American Horror Story go watch it.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 07:54:03 PM »
Glad to here it.

I thought Heroes started out great but then it seemed like they just made it up as they went from week to week.

I know the writers strike in season 2 messed up the original plans but by then it was still too late.

Since Heroes there have been countless TV and even movies that tried to do the same thing.