Author Topic: How far would you be willing to go?  (Read 19380 times)

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
Re: How far would you be willing to go?
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2013, 03:32:18 AM »
At $185.85/share, I don't see us coughing up that kind of money to get enough control to affect the company.  We'd have to buy over 6 million shares just to make a 30% dent in outstanding shares.  Institutional investment only holds 4.37 million shares and that's about 808 mil usd.

For a fraction of that, we could rebuild paragon studios with the original devs and put out 10 times the game that coh was.  and, have big name endorsements in our advertising.

Then again, perhaps one of those "buy the game and you'll have a loyal group of perpetual players (aka payers) pumping cash into your investment" packages that were sent out should be sent to the fund managers.  Those fund managers do understand more money coming in and have the clout to tell companies what to do and not to do.  One of them just might like the idea.  It's worth a shot.   Worst they could do is take no action.
No Surrender!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2013, 04:35:08 AM »
At $185.85/share, I don't see us coughing up that kind of money to get enough control to affect the company.  We'd have to buy over 6 million shares just to make a 30% dent in outstanding shares.  Institutional investment only holds 4.37 million shares and that's about 808 mil usd.

For a fraction of that, we could rebuild paragon studios with the original devs and put out 10 times the game that coh was.  and, have big name endorsements in our advertising.

Then again, perhaps one of those "buy the game and you'll have a loyal group of perpetual players (aka payers) pumping cash into your investment" packages that were sent out should be sent to the fund managers.  Those fund managers do understand more money coming in and have the clout to tell companies what to do and not to do.  One of them just might like the idea.  It's worth a shot.   Worst they could do is take no action.
yup.

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2013, 06:47:20 PM »
Yes definitely!  I would buy a lifetime subscription if they offered it.  I want my water blaster back so bad!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2013, 09:56:08 PM »
I thought someone had researched NCSoft and found that the actual voting shares were all held by board members, and they were all buddies. Basically, the only way to get any voting power was to get yourself appointed to the board, and then you still had to turn a majority of these close friends to your side of the cause. I could be remembering it wrong, and I'm not finding it quickly by searching.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2013, 10:31:08 PM »
I thought someone had researched NCSoft and found that the actual voting shares were all held by board members, and they were all buddies. Basically, the only way to get any voting power was to get yourself appointed to the board, and then you still had to turn a majority of these close friends to your side of the cause. I could be remembering it wrong, and I'm not finding it quickly by searching.
that is how it is in alot of corporations. And that is exactlly how it works in NCSOFT.

But it's not about voting and getting into the board per se (at least I hope not because yeah that would cost a few lottery wins at least and I dont have that type of dough to put in a fair share.)  but getting a voice I think they are more open to listening to stock holders than merely ex customers who hate their guts anyways.  You know, at least how she put it, "customers who are steaming mad and put in maybe a  couple of grand over 8 year period or people who put in more than 50,000 grand or more over that same time period? Who would you listen to more closely?"

And while I doubt it will cause a stockholder revolt, there have been many cases stockholders "revolted" and end up with fresh new people running the joint, and doen so without any being a voting member on the board.

But I'm not here to recruit or sell the idea. She probably would be highly pissed. Just tossing out an idea I'm embroiled with at this time and maybe get some feedback to think about. 

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2013, 02:20:22 AM »
According to their own site, 21,898,832 share are outstanding.  All of it issued as common stock.  As of 9 months ago, 14.7% (3,218,091) owned by Nexon Co.,  9% (1,970,546) treasury shares (owned and held internally by NCSoft), 9.99% (2,188,000) owned by Taek jin Kim (ceo).  The rest owned by others (76.3%, 16,710,195).  A corporate raid is possible but very unlikely so long as the price remains too high.  I doubt the company's assets are worth anywhere near the price/share.

As for voting rights, since none of this is preferred stock, it all (except for the treasury stocks) has voting rights.
No Surrender!

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2013, 05:41:18 AM »
Well, it seems fairly easy to acquire. Just have a spare billion lying around, and you can probably make an offer for the entire thing. :P
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2013, 01:49:29 PM »
I think it would be an understatement to say I prefer the chances for the three Plan  projects. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2013, 07:41:45 PM »
"I liked the game so much, I bought the company!"