Author Topic: Telekinetic coffee shop prank terrifies customers  (Read 1580 times)

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
Telekinetic coffee shop prank terrifies customers
« on: October 12, 2013, 05:35:12 AM »
Customers run screaming as a coffee shop is turned into a telekinetic nightmare in an elaborate 'Carrie'-style supernatural prank.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/weirdnewsvideo/10364039/Telekinetic-coffee-shop-prank-terrifies-customers.html

This is probably one of the coolest things I've seen. I would have loved being one of those customers. I would have left the coffee shop (briskly of course) feeling like I was living on a much more interesting Earth.

Mandrake

• Boss
Re: Telekinetic coffee shop prank terrifies customers
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 05:53:59 AM »
My wife showed that to me the other day. That was awesome! Really well done - and I have to say I think I would be like the one guy there... trying to hold myself together and cautiously try to maybe step forward to calm her down... until she... well I won't spoil it! LOL

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 05:49:17 PM »
Definitely awesome how they pulled that all off, though the cinematography would have been better if they chose a single run through of the prank instead of replaying the same parts over and over from different cuts... Particularly the "Get away from me" part got overplayed quickly like someone spamming a single move in a fighting game over and over...

Still, overall it was an impressive stunt. Much better than the "flying people" stunt that other supernatural movie did a few years ago with simple remote control planes and wooden cutouts of people... That one was done from so far away from people, there was room left for doubt (assuming people noticed to begin with), where as this was done directly in front of people in such a dramatic way that it forces people to discard logic in favor of emotionally driven terror at not knowing what was happening.

Kinda agree with you Captain Electric, if stuff like this happened more often, the world would feel much less boring and plain. Not sure I would run away though, and I might even stick around to ask "how'd you do that?" assuming they'd even answer such questions... But you know what they say about curiosity and cats...

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 06:20:03 AM »
Loved the tables.  Books, meh.  Felt sorry for the stunt guy.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot