Author Topic: Conflag + Overdrive = 0  (Read 2112 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Conflag + Overdrive = 0
« on: October 09, 2013, 07:17:42 PM »
Awww man. Overdrive would be real handy to have in a build full of maintains but... One of my main maintains, conflagration, doesn't work with it!

I've seen this bug reported on the main forums by doing a google so it's a known bug.

Sucks  : / the only other maintain I have right now I wouldn't normally use for anything more than a tap & debuff and it has a paralyze component so it is always getting broken before half duration so it doesn't trigger Overdrive half the time either.

By the time I get enough maintains to not worry about it, Molecular Self Assembly or Thermal Reverb will work as good or better but at this point Overdrive would be sweet.

Less nerfs! More fixes! *raises picket line sign*
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: Conflag + Overdrive = 0
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 11:04:54 PM »
Overdrive is kind of bad compared to Thermal Reverb anyway. If you're using mostly fire powers you should have Thermal Reverb.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »
Overdrive is a big bugged. It don't work with all maintains.

But from what I hear, Overdrive, is actually only supposed to work with power armor maintains. Meanign if they did fix it, it still wouldn't work with your conflag.

I would go with thermal reverb in your case especially if you have a couple of fire powers.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 12:47:19 AM »
My probs with Thermal Reverb (that I have & enjoy on my Inferno) at this point are 1) Things have to be on fire for it to work and I would like to have my energy return before that. And, I'm not to the 'everything is on fire' point with this build yet. 2) I have to be next to the mob that I finally manage to set on fire while I'm sucking for Energy and with OD I just had to be in weapons range to fire off my maintains.

Overdrive was simpler on paper. But then I couldn't keep my paralyze maintain (that I just use for debuff)  going for even half duration and Conflag wouldn't fire Overdrive off.

On the good side - I read that Conflag wasn't working with Concentration not so long ago and it does now.

>>

Another thing nice about Molecular Self Assembly and Overdrive is that they are supposed to scale off of Int whereas Reverb goes off of 2 SS's I don't have.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:48:26 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 02:58:40 AM »
Thermal Reverb actually has a pretty huge range, you don't have to be right next to anything. Also if you have powers that create fire patches like Flashfire or Pyre, those will trigger Reverb constantly for as long as they exist as well.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 03:20:27 AM »
I guess I never tested the range of Thermal Reverb on my Inferno. I haven't had much to set things on fire with yet on the new guy.

Another reason why I wanted to try these other Int-which-I-have scaling options is they are new to me. Even though it was a fail for me Overdrive was entertaining. MSA could still be decent to play with. I'm going to have plenty of short cooldowning going on eventually.

For now I'll probly retcon in Fire Patch & Thermal Reverb and move on.
Some Faves: