Author Topic: Arrow Season 2  (Read 13037 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Arrow Season 2
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:35 AM »
With this Flash series, I hope they pay more attention to what things should, and should not, be sped up along with Barry than did the John Wesley Shipp series. In a couple of nighttime running-through-the-streets scenes, you could see a car's taillights about a block ahead of the camera - and staying there. Cars should be parked in a traffic-flow pattern for such filming; since he passes them like they're standing still (literally), they should be standing still. Also, there's a scene where he's waiting in a hospital for word on Tina's condition, and he starts buying and eating candy bars from a machine. The machine is dispensing the candy at the same speed that he's moving at; he should be having to wait for it to cycle at its normal speed.

Don't get me wrong: that series' effects were a great effort for the time, but they need to put more thought into details like those above.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 03:54:13 PM »
So, how about last night's episode?  I sure did not see that coming.  But what from I read online, others did.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »
So, how about last night's episode?  I sure did not see that coming.  But what from I read online, others did.

Well, it is based on a comic book, and as we all know, the only people that ever stay dead in comics are Uncle Ben, and Thomas and Martha Wayne.  :P

Trying to figure out what's up with Brother Blood's mask. He looks more like a member of Slipknot rather than a main bad guy. Actually, when they first introduced that character (as the mayor) I thought he was supposed to be a nod to Jason Blood. But than again, with Arrow seemingly being done as realistically as possible, I guess a rhyming demon doesn't make a lot of sense.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »
Also, Captain Jack never dies....

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 03:04:31 AM »
Also, Captain Jack never dies....

He dies all the time... he just doesn't stay dead.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 06:43:36 PM »
Yes, you are correct about that. 

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2013, 04:28:25 AM »
I can't always be wrong! :p

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 01:12:52 AM »
Five minutes into the episode introducing Barry Allen, and already I can't stand listening to him. He has the teens' annoying tendency of intoning too many sentences, and even parts of sentences, as questions.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
Actually I like how they've already laid down a nemesis for him, his mom's killer, as well as his cover.  He's always late, always misses the taxi, bus, train, etc.  Isn't good on his feet, can't dance, etc.  Who would suspect him in Central City.

Lot's of name dropping and little call outs in that episode.  Kord Enterprises centrifuge.  Cyrus Gold aka Solomon Grundy as Blood's first "success".  Moria getting in contact with Ra's Al Ghul and the League.  Barry on the chemical rack during a lightning storm.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 07:52:52 PM »
Barry on the chemical rack during a lightning storm.
That got a laugh out of me.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2013, 05:14:47 PM »
The odd thing for me at least is that including super beings in the show just feels wrong.  I never thought I would feel that way but it just takes me out of the show.  I would definitely not mind things like people with increased reflexes and perhaps 5 times human strength.  But the muscle density equal to concrete and the super speed ability of Flash just take me out of that particular world.  I will happily give the Flash series a try though he is not Barry Allen.  At best he is Wally West.

I love other series with super being (at least when they are done well) but they just feel out of place in series which have had a couple of seasons of being grounded in a fairly normal humans based world.  It's the same reason I've stopped watching Revolution.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2013, 03:02:03 AM »
The odd thing for me at least is that including super beings in the show just feels wrong.  I never thought I would feel that way but it just takes me out of the show.  I would definitely not mind things like people with increased reflexes and perhaps 5 times human strength.  But the muscle density equal to concrete and the super speed ability of Flash just take me out of that particular world.  I will happily give the Flash series a try though he is not Barry Allen.  At best he is Wally West.

I love other series with super being (at least when they are done well) but they just feel out of place in series which have had a couple of seasons of being grounded in a fairly normal humans based world.  It's the same reason I've stopped watching Revolution.

I don't have a problem with metahumans in Arrow.  Especially if it was caused by chemical, biological or other scientific methods (say experimental gene therapy).  Just as long as they have a Flash costume that doesn't look like this air brushed job from 1990.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »
I don't think they will.  The costume department seems to be really good.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 12:00:40 AM »
I don't think they will.  The costume department seems to be really good.

And getting better. Judging by the previews for this coming Wednesday, they finally have the ability to give Ollie an actual domino mask instead of just eye makeup. ;D

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 10:22:36 PM »
So for some reason I hadn't watched any of this until a few episodes ago. It's really good! And the wiki is complete enough that I was able to catch up super fast.

Edit: SPOILER BELOW

I was kind of surprised by the death of Vertigo. I was not as familiar with GA's enemies in the comics, and after looking him up, it seems like he's a pretty major Green Arrow antagonist - not the sort to kill off.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:50:13 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 04:33:15 PM »
Well Ollie "spared" him twice.  Well that's putting it nicely the first time since Ollie gave the good Count an OD of Vertigo which should have killed him.  Second time the Count really wasn't to blame so he was spared again.  But threaten a friend or loved one, three arrows to the chest plus a multistory swan dive.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »
Eh, he'll be back.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
It does sort of seem, based on the wiki and the episode I saw, that he was a bit of a one trick pony. Maybe his (assumed) resurrection will give him super powers.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 10:31:15 AM »
... and Barry gets zapped.  Didn't expect that to happen so soon.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 03:45:14 PM »
Just read that they're going to be bringing in Robert Knepper as the Clock King (S2E14). I'm hoping they go more with BTAS Clock King and less BatB Clock King.