Author Topic: Agents of Shield  (Read 36873 times)

bmorrison

• Underling
Re: Agents of Shield
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2013, 02:16:06 PM »
And that would be?

Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm guessing Coulson's or May's Daughter?

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm guessing Coulson's or May's Daughter?

I'm thinking the latter based on how agitated they got over Skye digging into her family history.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »
Neither.  Coulson mentioned to Skye about the story about how May acquired the Cavalry nickname.  In the story he mentioned there was a young girl who was also hostage.  I wouldn't be surprised that was Skye's mother and May was the one who dropped her off.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2014, 02:36:42 AM »
And without going into spoilers, the big secret about Coulson's return seems like a let down to me.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2014, 06:24:16 AM »
I was kind of building a theory around him being an LMD. <<old marvel reference>> That might still be in play but perhaps not.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2014, 07:39:19 AM »
yeah, that's the problem... both in the movies and in the show Coulson has been presented as almost supernaturally unflappable. So this particular explanation is tonally pretty damned flat for his character.

Does it work as an explanation? it does, ask anyone who's ever been caught up in an end-of-life debate about what is acceptable and it becomes both morose and complex... but... yeah, from a story-telling PoV, it just doesn't rise to the occasion. Though I will give ABC kudos for going ahead with showing a couple of pretty gorey scenes on prime time (read prior to 10pm) TV.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2014, 01:56:21 AM »
There's got to be something else we are missing here.  Mainly why did Fury move "heaven and earth" to bring him back?  Did Fury let him die so the Avengers had the motivation?  Does Coulson know something important that only he knows?  Why is he so damn important?

Maybe we'll get some answers in the Capt America movie.  I have a feeling this and other plot points on AoS is going to somehow fold back into that.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2014, 10:20:58 PM »
that's a good wager since Cap 2 focuses almost entirely around shield.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2014, 10:44:36 PM »
I do like how we can get direct tie-ins between events in the movies and TV show, even if the actual headliner heroes aren't shown. It makes the show feel as if it's part of a much larger story than will fit in 42-minute chunks.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »
Agreed the whole "we took away your will to live reveal" (while in real life would be scary and profound) in fiction probably only rates a 32 on the "Luke, I am your father" scale.  Something tells me (I hope at least) there is more to this story.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2014, 12:13:28 PM »
I have a feeling the plan is to keep Skye's full origin a secret until the show winds up. I just hope the showrunners KNOW what her origin is.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2014, 02:11:17 PM »
Spoilers, obviously

Just got around to watching the post-break episode.  Wow, was that dark...

I feel terrible for Mike.  He just keeps going from bad to worse.

I feel like the message here is that trying to be a hero leads to bad things happening to you.  Coulson tried to be a hero taking on Loki and look what happened to him.  Mike tried to be a hero and see how he ended up.

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2014, 06:26:31 AM »
There were quite a few twists this last episode. Probably one of my favorites so far.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2014, 08:43:43 AM »
It's been interesting, the changes in most of the characters.

Fitz went from 1/2 of FitzSimmons to now very serious sci guy since Simmons tried to kill herself.  Not as zany anymore.  Hope the writters keep that up.

May went from dark and brooding to slightly less dark and brooding.  Maybe because we know more about her backstory.  Maybe because she is "softening" up.

Wade is a bit more personable.  And there appears to be less of a chance of a Skye/Wade ship.

Coulson is now doubtful about everything.

Skye proved she can hack people and work pretty much on her own.  At least against timid bankers and home security drones.

Simmons faced her own mortality.  But I can't say how that has changed her other than being a little less hyperactive.  But without Fitz being her hyperactive buddy anymore not sure if the cause of that change is internal or external.

I did like the last episode and it did provide us with the start of another minor villain.  But honestly I would have liked to have heard Fitz and Simmon's "talk".

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2014, 08:39:10 PM »
-Lex Luthor

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2014, 09:32:08 PM »
I finally got caught up on this so I could look up stuff on the internet without worrying about spoiling myself.  So here are a couple spoilers that you probably already know but I thought at least one of them (Mike) was awesome.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Donnie will become Blizzard and Mike is going to be Deathlok.  Although since Deathlok was created from a corpse and has all the looks of a zombie cyborg I have a feeling that Mike is going to look a lot more like Death Locket does.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2014, 01:27:10 AM »
Am I missing something? Every time I tune in, the show's a re-run. I missed the first week after the break, but the past two weeks (including this one) were repeats.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2014, 01:30:45 AM »
Today is a repeat (I am PST)?  Well, I guess there's no reason to plan on watching it tonight.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2014, 02:04:24 AM »
Not a bad episode tonight.

I am thinking
Spoiler for Hidden:
Deathlook
needs a better look though.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2014, 06:03:33 AM »
Holy crap, they finally put out a new episode!