Author Topic: Agents of Shield  (Read 36876 times)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Re: Agents of Shield
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2014, 01:03:10 AM »
my fearless prognostication;

Spoiler for Hidden:
Skye will kill ward, then everyone will think she is Hydra
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:20 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Aw.  I was just getting to like Patton Oswalt's character.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2014, 01:23:24 AM »
So I was thinking that ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Why did Skye automatically assume that Ward was the killer? Why wouldn't she assume that there was an intruder on the base?

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Aw.  I was just getting to like Patton Oswalt's character.
Same here. :(

Spoiler for Hidden:
Why did Skye automatically assume that Ward was the killer? Why wouldn't she assume that there was an intruder on the base?
Spoiler for Hidden:
Because the base was like fort knox. and skye is operating on some corallary of Occams razor... its more likely the guy I KNOW is in here with me is a psycho killer than someone snuck in to the highly secured facility and is sneaking around offing paranoid security experts.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2014, 04:18:08 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:
The blood on Ward that he passed off as a reopened injury, connected with how bloody the corpse was. Also, I don't think an intruder would have left the penny on the door in order to know if someone had found the body. Then, Ward convicted himself by claiming that he had just spoken with Koenig, who was allegedly opening the hangar doors as Ward was collecting Skye. By the time she was on the plane, Ward's guilt was pretty firmly established.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »
all of that too
-Lex Luthor

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
The blood on Ward that he passed off as a reopened injury, connected with how bloody the corpse was. Also, I don't think an intruder would have left the penny on the door in order to know if someone had found the body. Then, Ward convicted himself by claiming that he had just spoken with Koenig, who was allegedly opening the hangar doors as Ward was collecting Skye. By the time she was on the plane, Ward's guilt was pretty firmly established.

Spoiler for Hidden:
By the time she was on the plane, yeah ... but it still seemed to me that she bought his guilt a little too soon.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2014, 02:20:10 AM »
So what did everyone think of last night's show?

I think they're doing pretty well now, and the Hydra Reveal from Winter Soldier has given the show a shot in the arm.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2014, 04:01:33 AM »
+1 for the "file transfer." :)

In general, the show has come a long way from its slow beginning. Having the integration with CA:TWS (and Thor 2) has only given it that much more clout, in my eyes. I can't recall another movie/TV show relationship that has been so closely knit.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2014, 05:48:37 AM »
yes, the file transfer was golden...

and the show is finally locked itself down into being a real series with a real plot of its own, rather than just "that show about c list marvel call-outs for the hardcore nerds"
-Lex Luthor

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2014, 05:43:22 PM »
+1 for the "file transfer." :)

In general, the show has come a long way from its slow beginning. Having the integration with CA:TWS (and Thor 2) has only given it that much more clout, in my eyes. I can't recall another movie/TV show relationship that has been so closely knit.

I think for me its more that it seems they had to hold back a lot until the Winter Soldier came out to prevent spoilers, but now they're free to run with everything they have the series seems more energized.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2014, 05:26:11 AM »
"Prepare for a large file transfer" ranks up there with the previous week's "what is a Man-Thing?" in terms of good quotes go.  Of course the sight gag that follows is priceless.

Still the superhero show quote of the week goes to Arrow who had Summer Glau's supervillain monologing about how she's going to kill Felicity to Diggle only to get nailed by the van Felicity was driving.

"Oh, I really thought the airbags were going to go off."
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2014, 11:43:56 PM »
"Prepare for a large file transfer" ranks up there with the previous week's "what is a Man-Thing?" in terms of good quotes go.  Of course the sight gag that follows is priceless.

Still the superhero show quote of the week goes to Arrow who had Summer Glau's supervillain monologing about how she's going to kill Felicity to Diggle only to get nailed by the van Felicity was driving.

"Oh, I really thought the airbags were going to go off."

The "file transfer" comment had my laughing a good 5 mins after it happened.
Great show so far. I hope it gets a 2nd season - I would hate it to be like many shows that set up a great story arc and then we never see how it finishes.

Like Flash Forward - loved the whole concept and the series - they set up a lot of nice things to continue the story with the last episode - and it got cancelled.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2014, 12:05:35 AM »
I, too, was disappointed when Flash Forward got cancelled.  It seems that the really cool shows don't make a second season.   I also liked "The Event" and that got cancelled too.   I think though that Agents of Shield was renewed.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2014, 01:05:33 AM »
I think though that Agents of Shield was renewed.

Confirmed this afternoon, actually. As well as announcing another Marvel series.

Link

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2014, 03:24:53 AM »
Confirmed this afternoon, actually. As well as announcing another Marvel series.

Link

Very cool.

Agents is one of my favorite shows right now and I would have hated to not see how this whole Hydra thing plays out.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2014, 07:38:57 AM »
This show is good now.   Thank you Captain America 2.

But they still can't quite seem to get why it sucked before.   I noticed they had to put in a scene where Skye and Fitz couldn't resist pressing buttons and acting a lot like Jar Jar Binks when a box of weapons was presented to them.   "Hilarity" ensued.   :roll:

Seriously?  They can't see that stuff like that was part of the problem before?

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2014, 03:41:15 PM »
This show is good now.   Thank you Captain America 2.

But they still can't quite seem to get why it sucked before.   I noticed they had to put in a scene where Skye and Fitz couldn't resist pressing buttons and acting a lot like Jar Jar Binks when a box of weapons was presented to them.   "Hilarity" ensued.   :roll:

Seriously?  They can't see that stuff like that was part of the problem before?
I'm willing to take a moment like that every now and again. Every dark fiction has to have light moments to break up the unrelenting grimdark. the problem before was that they were cramming those into every single episode, and often letting them drag on too long. it became less a part of the pacing and more a part of  bad formula. Hopefully now that Cap is out of the way and no more main-line movies they can tie into will be coming down the pipes till at least next year (not much they can do to tie into ooga chaka) they can settle into better writing and less "drag it out till cap2 gets here"
-Lex Luthor

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #179 on: May 12, 2014, 06:29:50 PM »