Author Topic: WEEKEND ONLY Marvel Civil War COLLECTION on Sale 99 Cents Per Issue (DIGITAL)  (Read 1104 times)

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
Marvel's Civil War was my introduction to modern-day comics, and to comics period. I still consider Civil War to be a great jumping-on point for curious readers. A lot of the relationships you see between characters even today can be traced back to Civil War.

If you like Joss Whedon's snappy-paced, dramatic and funny direction and impression on the recent Marvel Studios movies and Cinematic Universe, then you could probably enjoy the contemporary writing style of Brian Michael Bendis in Civil War and its associated collections. In fact, once you begin to pick up and read more contemporary comics, you'll really begin to see what a major influence they're having on the movies and vice versa.

All 7 issues of Civil War are on sale for 99 cents each at the Marvel Comics Digital Store.
http://comicstore.marvel.com/Civil-War-Sale/comics-collection/1477

Civil War was the biggest crossover event in years, so there are other books surrounding it. You don't have to read them (really), but if you want to keep reading, those books are also listed for 99 cents each, this weekend only. If you're wondering which to pick, just pick the one that's about the character or events you're most drawn to. If you decide you want to read them all in suggested order, Google for Marvel Comics Civil War reading chronology and pick a guide that you like or just use this one.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:58:38 AM by Captain Electric »

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Thanks for that. Picked up all 7 main issues, plus the ASM issues. I do wish the Comixology/DC/Marvel app would add a "cart" feature or some way of selecting multiple comics, and then paying for them all in bulk, though.