Author Topic: Best Halloween Costume this at your door this year.  (Read 3053 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Best Halloween Costume this at your door this year.
« on: November 01, 2013, 12:56:59 AM »
Sadly this year too many kids phoned it in this year.  I blame zombies.  You just wear normal clothes, dirty and fake bloody them up a bit, apply powder to the face and more fake blood and you're a zombie.  However I do admit the zombie Disney princesses, reusing last year's store bought, was a good re-purposed costume.

However all that said the best was an Amy/Doctor hybrid.   Tween girl with long red hair, shirt/jacket/bow tie/sonic screwdriver on top, leggings and little skirt on bottom.  Good thing it warmed up for Halloween but she and her "track star" buddy were running from unit to unit anyways.

Other common costumes, Finn from Adventure Time, guys from Regular Show, Ninja Turtles, a Beetlejuice, some Freddies, a Jason, various Micky and Minni's, classic cute little witches.

Next year everyone gets two pieces up front, ended up with way too many leftovers.

Oddest thing was I mixed in a bunch of plastic spiders with the candy.  When I said take one to the kids, some took a spider, had to call them back for a piece of candy.

So how was your area tonight?
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Tacitala

• Boss
Re: Best Halloween Costume this at your door this year.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 01:07:06 AM »
 :( We live way out in the country so no trick-or-treaters for us.  The closest I can get is handing out experience points for people who come to my usual Saturday gaming session to come in costume.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 01:24:02 AM »
Don't think anyone will come to my door. I think by now they learned to leave it be. I have no candy for them and they are just wasting their time like last year and the year before that and the year before that. Get treated like Jehovah witnesses that ring my doorbell at the crack of dawn on the weekend.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 01:26:25 AM »
I used to give out candy every year, but the last two years I did it I got mostly teenagers who didn't even bother to dress up so I discontinued the practice.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 01:37:57 AM »
Last year (1st year in new house) I was fighting my storm door and all I could see was the reflected glare from the interior lights.  This year I propped the storm door open, but I had also decided to swap out my door light with a black-light bulb for extra effects and wound up not being able to see anything again.  That said, as always my main problem is that I was more focused with distributing the candy as fast as I could and I wasn't sparing attention to the costumes anyway.  I did notice one girl was dressed as a can of Coke, but she was back out on the sidewalk by then.  Perhaps I should set up camp outside of my house, but I don't have a porch and I'd feel odd just on my steps.   
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 01:59:55 AM »
Evidently "ninja" is now just a genericized Sub Zero, Scorpion, or (I think) Reptile. I had about a dozen kids who had no idea what Mortal Kombat was...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:47:51 PM by dwturducken »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 02:03:25 AM »
The last three years it just hasn't been worth it. Too many older teens who just didn't care, too few small children. Now I just get through the night hoping that nobody is stupid enough to go after the trash cans (the raccoons hate the competition.)
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 02:47:46 AM »
I only had one ToTer this year--an adorable little kid (maybe 4 or so?) in a full Superman costume with his dad. Had I known he'd be the only one, I'd have given him more candy.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 03:35:10 AM »
The one that had me laughing the hardest took some dedication.  It was cold out there this year.  So, the kid (high school, probably a senior) who showed up at my door in copy uniform and sunglasses minus the shirt (obvious stripper cop) had to be a little chilly.  According to his (I think) sister who was with him, "Yeah, he's not that bright."
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 09:02:10 PM »
This year, instead of a Musketeer, my brother and I dressed up as pirates and had a treasure filled with "loot". We sat on the front porch and let the kiddies (young and older) take a handful of candy. We had a fairly good amount of kids come by too. Of course, we had the kiddies answer a simple a question first. What is a pirrate's faavorite letterr. surprisingly, I found out that the letters E, L, and C were among them.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 09:10:35 PM »
Halloween has typically been an evening out at the local bar for me for the past decade or so,
so no trick-or-treaters at my door.   

That said, one guy did show up at the bar in costume (he took his kids round TnT'ing earlier),
and his costume was a 1-piece Baby outfit (with the hind-end "trapdoor" and cutesy puppy
and pony patches on it). He also had a soother (about the size of a 40W lightbulb) on a lanyard
around his neck.

Pretty amusing...

He got the appropriate amount of light-hearted abuse, accompanied by good humor and chuckles
all around.    ;D

A fine evening.

Cheers,

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 11:40:37 PM »

Our pirate treasure.                                  The Dread Pirate Robert                                             Captain Jake

I didn't get an pics of the kiddies that came to the door though. We had a Snow White, a couple of Ninja Turtles, a witch, a catgirl, a Snake eyes (G.I. Joe), a Smurfette, and a few other generic personages. Surprisingly, no zombies.

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 03:05:49 AM »
Weren't too many kids this year sadly, and most of them were some kind of colorful witch-princess looking hybrids, and quite a few were wearing coats over their costumes because it was raining almost all day...

I'd like to think if it hadn't been raining the whole day, we might have gotten more, but instead my family is now stuck with a bunch of sugary candy, about a third of which no one really likes...

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 04:47:21 AM »
I worked, so I only saw a few kids. The best was a little four-year-old as "pink Zatanna". Parents, UR DOIN IT RITE!

This version. The tights were light pink and the jacket was darkdarkdark pink.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 05:26:43 AM »
It was raining here, but we still got a few people at the door.  Sadly, though, not one Aquaman.  Seems the perfect costume for the night. 

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 07:40:41 PM »
Well, my great-grandson was by far the cutest...*asserts bragging rights*

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 12:43:09 AM »
Well, my great-grandson was by far the cutest...*asserts bragging rights*

He has good taste in Halloween costumes. :)

I think I'm going to have to find a good Green Lantern suit. I already have the glowy ring and lantern.