Author Topic: DC Villains Month and Forever Evil  (Read 2914 times)

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
DC Villains Month and Forever Evil
« on: September 27, 2013, 12:56:12 AM »
Has anyone picked up any of DC's villains month titles?  If so what did you think of the title you picked up and what did you think of the event in whole.  Did you pick up the 3D covers or opt for the standard covers?

I myself only picked up a few after flipping through the content inside and I chose Zod, Lex Luthor, and the Rogues all in the 3D covers. 

The Zod story was an origin story into the new 52 and I have to say I am really looking forward to seeing Zod in the new 52. 

Lex Luthor was thoroughly enjoyable and one of the best reads this month,  I really loved the inner monologue and the portrayal of Lex in this comic. 

Hands down The Rogues gets my top spot in this event,  I think it had the best cover and story.  As someone who is familiar with Flash and the Rogues but never really followed the comic I was impressed with this comic and would love to see these villains get their own title in the new 52.

almost forgot I did pick up Ocean Master with a 3D cover and enjoyed the comic but didn't really take anything away from it as far as the character goes.  Plus i think this was the quickest comic to read through this month.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Re: DC Villains Month and Forever Evil
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:33:25 AM »
I have not. Actually, this stunt kind of put me off as I was more focused and interested in the current Batman arc: Zero Year. Of course, I'm one of those who's been mostly put off the New 52 itself, and only follow Batman Beyond with any regularity (and somewhat forcing myself to read Teen Titans to keep up with Tim...hoping against hope DC gets smart and give him his own series back).

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 06:00:38 AM »
I tried to do the same with teen titans to keep up with Tim as well.  But I wasn't enjoying it.  Hoping he gets his own series again.  I switched to nightwing and Redhood and the outlaws, but only enjoy Nightwing, Red Hood is hanging to my pull list by a thread.  I do like the new Batwing but have a feeling that will be cancelled in the not to distant future.

If you like batman, the night of the owls storyline graphic novel goes on sale October 2nd with a court of owls mask included for $24.99.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 07:01:22 PM »
I tried to do the same with teen titans to keep up with Tim as well.  But I wasn't enjoying it.  Hoping he gets his own series again.  I switched to nightwing and Redhood and the outlaws, but only enjoy Nightwing, Red Hood is hanging to my pull list by a thread.  I do like the new Batwing but have a feeling that will be cancelled in the not to distant future.

If you like batman, the night of the owls storyline graphic novel goes on sale October 2nd with a court of owls mask included for $24.99.

Heh...Night of Owls was part of why I stopped reading New 52 Batman. I've read a little of The Dark Knight and Detective Comics. They weren't horrid, but weren't anything special either. Didn't care for Batman and Robin (never liked Damien) or Batman Inc., though I might pick the graphic novels for that up just to see how it all ties into everything else I've read.

I agree about Nightwing, though. Only read a few issues at the beginning, but things got a bit tight in my personal life and had to stop for a bit. Might start picking that one up again.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 03:59:36 PM »
I will be interested to see how nightwing moves forward after the events of forever evil #1, which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't read it.   If you like nightwing definitely stop into a comic shop and take a peak inside this issue.

Night-Hawk07 - FYI, I think Tim and the titans have a big role in the events of forever evil (just not the first issue although they may appear for one or two panels).

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »
I will be interested to see how nightwing moves forward after the events of forever evil #1, which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't read it.   If you like nightwing definitely stop into a comic shop and take a peak inside this issue.

Night-Hawk07 - FYI, I think Tim and the titans have a big role in the events of forever evil (just not the first issue although they may appear for one or two panels).

Yeah, I'll have to take a look. I thought this whole Villains Month thing was just a sort of "what if" arc, and didn't actually impact the actual timeline.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 03:44:47 AM »
Not what if, it is continuity and will definitely have an impact on nightwing/dick Grayson moving forward.  Not sure that I am happy about this and feel the consequences of what has happened to nightwing would be more widespread throughout the entire bat family.  But I am interested in what happens from here for the character and pray for the best.

This event spun out of the pages of justice league.  The crime syndicate have imprisoned the worlds heroes and the events of the villains month comics explore backgrounds of the villains while leading into the events of forever evil.  I think some villains maybe filling in as heroes to take down the crime syndicate while the villains of batman prepare for war with one another.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 03:57:32 PM »
Picked up Forever Evil 1 and 2. Interesting. I'll be honest, though, I probably not going to follow the side issues. $3.99 a pop even on digital...ouch.