Author Topic: If it came back tonight  (Read 14462 times)

TerminalVelocity

• Minion
Re: If it came back tonight
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 05:12:38 PM »
Virtue, no doubt.
Reroll my main, Bullet Barrage. This time fully realized with Martial Manipulation, as it would've been from the beginning.
I was never really in a Super Group. I had my group of friends, of course, but they were all pretty split.
@Big_Bad_Braal, no questions asked. He was a really good friend, but we've since lost contact.
@Bullet Barrage
I left the forums with 1,337 post.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 06:21:14 PM »
By "relaunch", I assume you mean that the game would come back but our old account data would not.

In that case, after saving a few names for later, I'd reroll my elec/WP brute on Infinity and zap everything to kingdom come.

Then, I'd go back to those saved names and roll a few NEW builds that I'd always wanted to try but never got around to or never got to finish (ill/time, dark/sr anything, plant/dark contr. or dom., so so many...).

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »
First, I'd have to stop crying. Then I would fly over Atlas. Then, I'd continue to try and stop crying. Next, I'd rebuild my favorite characters if I didn't get them back. I'd be grateful for the chance to get barfed on, shot at, held, drained, caltropped, gassed and slashed, etc.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »
What server would you go to first? Liberty
What Character would you reroll? My SS/Inv tank - Headbangers Brawl
What Super Group would your recreate? My own, The Triple-M Brigade (named for my AR/devices blaster, Mini Mega Mighty)
Who would you message first? I'd broadcast "Oh yeeeeaaaah! You can't kill rock n roll, Baybay! WOOHOO!!!"
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Heroid

• Minion
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »
Virtue.
A new version of HEROID (Roy Kirby is retired), or Anola, my lizard girl, or maybe an entirely new character.
I have a sg/vg name or two that I would grab.
It depends on who I saw on.  I suppose we would have to rebuild our global friends list.  But there are definitely people I would want to reconnect with if they chose to play again.
aka, Heroid

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »
A technical lets play of the game.  Where I explain my overall strategy and what makes it work and actually take on every mob group I can with a character(likely a corruptor or defender).  I'd be very happy to try and start videos of how to play the game better.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »
just think when/if it comes back it will be easier to make money :D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

tomborocks1

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 12:03:34 AM »
Ditch my skinny jeans and relaunch Broadback in all his oversized splendor onto Guardian.

Beware taco joints ...

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 12:33:44 AM »
I sure as hell would have called into work tonight!!!!!
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2013, 01:00:49 AM »
Well even if for example all our accounts got restored and whatnot, the influence count was still brutally high and whatnot, think of all the opportunity that'd occur?  I am sure some people are of the mindset "I missed this game and it's coming back, I'm sure gonna try it now!". If it's advertised itd get even more sales.  And I'd be more then happy to run things with people.  I'd even "salvage" from a character as much as I could and reboot that character just to make my lets play.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2013, 03:04:22 AM »
Id wait for one of my buddies to get back on and then PL all my toons back to 50 where they were when they killed the game...  ;D

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2013, 03:52:28 AM »
What server would you go to first? Liberty

What Character would you reroll? Grey Kestrel (DB/WP Stalker) followed in VERY short order by Palrah (WP/DB Tank). They were my Red- and Blue-side mains. The Nemissary (my much-beloved Dark Defender) would be there within a few minutes as well.

What Super Group would your recreate? My own Guardians of Elysion

Who would you message first? I'd have to broadcast a great big *OUPH!* XD
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2013, 11:51:23 AM »
If CoH came back tonight.....in all reality, I'd probably be too overwhelmed to play anything as I'd be bouncing back and forth between characters.
Edit: but, then i'd probably be taking sick days for the rest of the week.... ( ' ;
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2013, 01:18:40 PM »
Guardian  And dance under Atlas! :)

Ellscry

• Minion
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2013, 02:07:52 PM »
First off I would call in to work, and take a couple vacation days.

What server would you go to first?

Infinity. It became my home away from home and there are many friends there. 

What Character would you reroll?

Ellscry, Super Strength/Willpower Brute.

What Super Group would your recreate?

Freeborn. It was mainly my SG, and It had all my toons on my main account and most from my second. Plus a few close friends.

Who would you message first? :)

The Pinks, all of them. Starting of course with Simoon, DVD, and Sundew.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »
I never had one home server, though I played a lot on Guardian because of my night owl ways meant that the europeans were just coming on line for the morning as I was getting ready to go.

But Ferretina would prowl again, dual claws/ninjitsu (or willpower, she varied between both) claw stalking and assassin-strike shanking every mugger she could find and freezing their cohorts in place in abject terror of her dark justice.

*ahem* sorry, I'm in a writing mood and Ferret Girl's Cass Cain-inspired origins are speaking to me.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »
Heh, after I got over the shock, I'd be busy for a week repopulating all the servers with my cast of characters (447 alts), starting with my main Sugoi (Emp/Psi)Def and her evil twin, Sugoi T, the (Bot/FF) Mastermind.  And I'd give some serious thought to a few of their daughters powers after they were recovered from the alternate dimension they were sent to for safekeeping just before the servers all went dark.

I'd call up a few of my RL friends who I used to play with fairly regularly, and then they'd have to pry my keyboard and mouse out of my cold, dead hands.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
Victory Server

I'd reroll two characters--my mains. My Elec/Storm Corr as a villain (rogue) and my elec/elec blasty hero. I'd grab my friends and restart the Villain group we had (leaving my friend who founded the hero group to found it) and the first message would be, in all caps: WE'RE BACK BABY AND READY FOR ACTION!!! I'd then proceed to lose copious amounts of sleep this week. And next.

Yoru-hime

• Minion
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 12:00:42 AM »
If City of Heroes were to relaunch tonight what is the first thing you would do?
Call in "sick" for tomorrow... and quite possibly the rest of the week.
What server would you go to first?
Infinity
What Character would you reroll?
Yoru-hime, of course. Now picking the SECOND character would be hard. Probably either a scrapper or a DP/Traps Defender. Although the changes to Stalkers had me wanting to dust mine off.  Oh, and there was that Mastermind that I was just starting to get the hang of. Or maybe...
What Super Group would your recreate?
I'd probably recreate the personal SG/base, though I might consider joining a more traditional group in the flurry of activity around the rebirth.
Who would you message first? :)
Akari-hime, Yoru's partner in heroism and in mischief.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 12:07:25 AM »
Not so much of a "if it came back tonight" but if it was announced it was, I'd cancel my CO subscription in a heart beat and tell everyone i'm moving on to CoH when it comes back and tell them to give it a try.  Yeah i'm rude like that but hey, if they are curious about the game I don't see anything bad about doing that.