Author Topic: this came up on last night coh radio show.  (Read 1799 times)

microc

• Boss
this came up on last night coh radio show.
« on: November 10, 2013, 01:02:19 AM »
having a 12 inch model or sculpture of your hero/villain made. any think about getting together and having a run of coh models made so there not painfully expensive??

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: this came up on last night coh radio show.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:01:21 AM »
How would you do it?

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 01:58:12 PM »
Guessing:

1. We'd have to find a 3d printer shop with enough resolution to satisfy us.
2. Get a converter routine in place which would read our .costume file and convert it to an appropriate 3d graphic format.

Honestly, I'd love to see the successor projects develop such a relationship with a 3d printer shop and have a "buy a physical model" available in-game.
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »
There was a thread on this floating around, both on the old CoX forums as well as resurrected here somewhere....

After some quick GoogleMagic, check this thread: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,4947.0.html
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
There was a thread on this floating around, both on the old CoX forums as well as resurrected here somewhere....

After some quick GoogleMagic, check this thread: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,4947.0.html

I tried messing around with that 3D screenshot thing a little prior to the shutdown, but for some reason after adding in Icon post-shutdown, I couldn't get the engine to load with the required changes in place to capture stuff any longer... Not sure if it was just me, or if something in Icon just doesn't like the changes that were made...

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 01:01:27 AM »
Honestly, I'd love to see the successor projects develop such a relationship with a 3d printer shop and have a "buy a physical model" available in-game.

That would be way cool and another way to monetize the a successor game.