More Titan Projects > Icon

Incoming question...

(1/3) > >>

PSI-on:
Ok, I'm kind of dumb and never really been good at computers, so I don't fully understand this. I still have CoH installed (I'll never remove it) and I very much wanna play with this, especially if the end goal is to allow us to play the full game again (missions and/or spawns) even if it's just all alone on our own. (I can live with that) so can someone fully explain this for me? I have windows 7, do I just download this and drop it into the folder with CoH stuff and use it? It takes care of the rest? Does it do any perminate damage to it? Seemed I read somewhere it makes some drastic changes to the MAC install, I wanna play with this but I wanna be sure I can still use it if it ever comes back some how. Will I have access to all the AT's and costumes so far? (and if so does that include paid for powersets and costumes, do I log in with my account?)

Super Firebug:

--- Quote from: PSI-on on September 12, 2013, 01:49:29 PM ---I have windows 7, do I just download this and drop it into the folder with CoH stuff and use it? It takes care of the rest?

--- End quote ---

Precisely right. Drop it into your main CoH folder, where the coh.exe file is. Then, you can make a shortcut to icon.exe to put on your desktop, or wherever.

--- Quote from: PSI-on on September 12, 2013, 01:49:29 PM ---Does it do any perminate damage to it?

--- End quote ---

It makes no changes at all; it just uses what's there.

--- Quote from: PSI-on on September 12, 2013, 01:49:29 PM ---Will I have access to all the AT's and costumes so far? (and if so does that include paid for powersets and costumes, do I log in with my account?)

--- End quote ---

You don't need to log in at all. And, yes, you can make any archetype, and the costume creator is complete.

The Fifth Horseman:

--- Quote from: PSI-on on September 12, 2013, 01:49:29 PM ---I still have CoH installed (I'll never remove it) and I very much wanna play with this, especially if the end goal is to allow us to play the full game again (missions and/or spawns) even if it's just all alone on our own. (I can live with that)
--- End quote ---
An important thing to understand is that Icon is not meant to be a "single player mode" or a server replacement.
Rather, it's a fringe benefit of resarch and documentation producced for a project that is.

--- Quote ---do I log in with my account?)
--- End quote ---
Account data was stored server-side. To all intents and purposes, your account is gone.
It's not neccessary, though - Icon enters character creator immediately upon launch.

PSI-on:
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. :)

--- Quote from: Super Firebug on September 12, 2013, 03:11:09 PM ---Precisely right. Drop it into your main CoH folder, where the coh.exe file is. Then, you can make a shortcut to icon.exe to put on your desktop, or wherever.

It makes no changes at all; it just uses what's there.

You don't need to log in at all. And, yes, you can make any archetype, and the costume creator is complete.

--- End quote ---

PSI-on:
Do I understand you right? You're saying Icon isn't to allow us to get back in and play alone or on our own servers itself, but comes from a current project TO allow us to do that? So there are people working on giving us either single player or letting us run our own servers? (or am I hoping too much)

And I mostly ask about account stuff, cause I was a very long time Vet and had many things (costumes, powers, and such from the store, both DVD editions of the game, plus the other editions) and wonder if I'd still be able to use things (in Icon) such as wings, Cape of the Four Winds, that one Ninja Outfit, ect.

--- Quote from: The Fifth Horseman on September 13, 2013, 04:53:42 AM ---An important thing to understand is that Icon is not meant to be a "single player mode" or a server replacement.
Rather, it's a fringe benefit of resarch and documentation producced for a project that is.Account data was stored server-side. To all intents and purposes, your account is gone.
It's not neccessary, though - Icon enters character creator immediately upon launch.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version