Author Topic: Lag/Rubberbanding  (Read 1782 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Lag/Rubberbanding
« on: September 13, 2013, 05:05:32 PM »

Ever since the last patch, I've been having serious lag and rubberbanding issues.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: Lag/Rubberbanding
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »
I experienced it one night, and was able to remedy it by activating the US proxy in options at the launcher. I had a routing issue, but yours could be different.
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:11:27 PM »
I experienced it one night, and was able to remedy it by activating the US proxy in options at the launcher. I had a routing issue, but yours could be different.

Hm. I may try that if all else fails.

I didn't have lag in STO when I checked.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 11:50:09 PM »
When I had persistent issues with lag that lasted for weeks I ended up learning how to use Windows traceroute and ended up learning how to identify that the problem was with the last server hop or so - which I ended up learning was PWE server territory so there was nothing I could do but complain or play something else.

Then came the patch to fix the emote spamming crashing MC thing and I've had a pretty reliable connection since.

*tosses another digital goat to the pile*

Hope your lag goes soon! Sucks, I know.

>>

Oh hey, I can't get past the authentication server right now.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:47:28 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 01:06:29 AM »

Lordgar(Live Producer) announced a problem with the authentication servers that has been resolved.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 01:14:12 AM »
I'm in.

How weird was that!

GL again, Kaos.

Reboot that modem/router if ya haven't already.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 01:43:37 AM »
I had a bit less lag when I was running my level 15 duel blades toon. (He also had better luck and wound up with 4 of the anniversary boxes.) I so want that new Jet ...  ;D