Author Topic: Earth and Beyond  (Read 1801 times)

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
Earth and Beyond
« on: January 08, 2014, 03:31:03 AM »
Okay, so since Captain Electric posted about the game I've been taking a look at it. I knew of the emulator, but the last time I checked on it, it was still in early alpha. It looks pretty solid and complete now, though. Repeating the good Cap'n's information:

Earth and Beyond
Forums http://forum.enb-emulator.com/
Signup and account management http://www.net-7.org/

Who else is playing, and what characters do you have? I figure we could use a separate topic to discuss this stuff and all things EnB related.

As of this post I just have a Terran Tradesman, Kaufman. Planning on making him combat/raid oriented, so I may only take one crafting skill (or none at all).

Jonfan

• Minion
Re: Earth and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 06:05:22 PM »
I did some beta testing in E&B and played till it closed. It didn't last long, but it was a decent game and could have been a great game, given more time to evolve. I'll check out that emulator and thanks for info!

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
I'd been doing a lot of reading up on the lore in the game, as well as the development documents and roadmaps from Westwood that were rescued from the studio's death; is it just me, or is EnB's lore pretty jumbled? It doesn't seem like they finalized a number of important dates and events.

zaprobo

• Minion
    • Journal of a Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:18:51 PM »
I did some beta testing in E&B and played till it closed. It didn't last long, but it was a decent game and could have been a great game, given more time to evolve. I'll check out that emulator and thanks for info!

EnB was my first MMO I played for any real duration of time and I had great fun - though I don't feel I could go back to it now.

Half the fun was things like the appearance on the V'rix, breaking their code (ridiculously simple on reflection, but at the time it felt undecipherable and such a rush when it was cracked!)

I had a vendetta against EA for canning EnB for a good while - I think Westwood had something good back then if they were given their druthers to develop/release content as they planned.

Omni-Nogard

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 11:39:00 PM »
Mind giving more info on the game, like how the In-Game Character Builder is, The Combat(PvP or PvE or PvPvE?), etc. Since i cant seem to find many screenshots on the Net-7 site.

I'm seem to be bad at finding the info i "need" before i download and try it.

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 07:07:38 AM »
I can't speak much on the PVP aspect, but I know it's there. There's some kind of Terran vs. Progen thing going on that any player, regardless of race, can join on either side in a star system/zone set aside for it.

The in-game character builder can't be expected to be anywhere close to City of Heroes in terms of customization, but it does allow for some diversity among the pilots. Among the starships, there's only three designs per hull section per race, so ... you're looking at ... 27 different combinations of hull shapes per race? You do get to pick color combinations for each as well as decals for the "wings" and the name of the ship (which will actually appear on its sides), but ...

PVE is slower paced than City of Heroes, I would say. But I don't know how much I trust my opinion on this. I haven't seen what raiding is like yet, and my main isn't exactly the kind of class that is ideal for smashing faces in (or breaching hulls, as the case may be).