Author Topic: Money can't buy everything (if you're not subbed)  (Read 5684 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: Money can't buy everything (if you're not subbed)
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 04:59:58 AM »
Haha, on that note. How are the lightsabers. . .  I mean laser swords. They worth respecing my FF to play with?

It's fast-moving. You are building up accelerator to 3x to make Unified Theory an instant strike, then hitting Particle Smash to blow up your target and it's friends from up to 35ft. If you like the sound of that setup, then give it a shot.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:28:06 PM by Brou »
Spess

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 06:41:02 AM »
It's fast-moving. You are building up accelerator to 3x to make Unified Theory an instant strike, then hitting Particle Smash to blow up your target and it's friends from up to 35ft. If you like the sound of that setup, then give it a shot.

Sounds nice. Thankyou for the info. I might work them in if I start playing again. ^^
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 09:26:21 AM »
I thought Accelerator didn't stack?

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »
I thought Accelerator didn't stack?

Oh, I forgot they changed it. Just one accelerator proc.
Spess

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 02:52:51 PM »
The only problem with it though, as an overall set, is the same problem almost all melee builds have in CO. No PBAOE. I know that doesn't bother some people but it always annoys me because melee cones are finicky to work with, even moreso in CO than in CoH because things move a lot faster. Not in actual movements, but combat just seems to flow a lot faster than it ever did in CoH for the most part. Which means that by the time you've lined them up to hit them all with a melee cone, they're dead or they've moved to attack the ranged guys pounding on them.

If it were me, Particle Accelerator would be 120 degrees instead of 90 like it is, and Lightwave Slash would've been upgraded to a full PBAOE and doing full damage to all targets instead of half damage to secondary targets like it is now. Of course, were it up to me all the melee sets would have PBAOEs just as a general point of balance.

Always seemed weird to me that almost all of the ranged sets have PBAOE powers, when they're not meant to be next to enemies to use them anyway. And then almost none of the melee sets that ARE meant to be next to enemies have them.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »
The only problem with it though, as an overall set, is the same problem almost all melee builds have in CO. No PBAOE. I know that doesn't bother some people but it always annoys me because melee cones are finicky to work with, even moreso in CO than in CoH because things move a lot faster. Not in actual movements, but combat just seems to flow a lot faster than it ever did in CoH for the most part. Which means that by the time you've lined them up to hit them all with a melee cone, they're dead or they've moved to attack the ranged guys pounding on them.

If it were me, Particle Accelerator would be 120 degrees instead of 90 like it is, and Lightwave Slash would've been upgraded to a full PBAOE and doing full damage to all targets instead of half damage to secondary targets like it is now. Of course, were it up to me all the melee sets would have PBAOEs just as a general point of balance.

Always seemed weird to me that almost all of the ranged sets have PBAOE powers, when they're not meant to be next to enemies to use them anyway. And then almost none of the melee sets that ARE meant to be next to enemies have them.

The passive (unreleased) had PBAOE qualities in it. There are also other powers in power armor that are pbaoe. One of them is Energy Wave.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2013, 04:56:50 PM »
aoe...

*stares off dreamy*

I could use some good ol' dmg boost, sprinkled in with some dmg insps while I'm on fire and turning up the heat when I start burning mobs to the ground and aoe sucking their hps down for more Powah as I go into a spin, blades flashing and then hit the room with a final room-clearing blaze of destruction.

Afterwards I'm happy. I stacked my damage good and had plenty of crits. My Brute Fury was high, and I timed all my aoe's just right.

Fire everywhere. Waves of mobs melting to the ground.

*sigh*

Yeah, aoe is fun.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:11:20 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 02:20:10 AM »
The passive (unreleased) had PBAOE qualities in it. There are also other powers in power armor that are pbaoe. One of them is Energy Wave.

Yeah, I know. I still kinda wish there was an actual laser sword pbaoe though, and an ego blade one. Because if you can have all your powers be the swords you can conceivably RP them as something else, while if you're having to take other stuff that limits your options as far as concept goes.

Especially the ego blade one, Ego Blade Frenzy even uses the animation from one of the pbaoe powers in Dual Blades if you have the ID blades advantage on something but remains a cone.

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 05:25:55 PM »
aoe...

*stares off dreamy*

I could use some good ol' dmg boost, sprinkled in with some dmg insps while I'm on fire and turning up the heat when I start burning mobs to the ground and aoe sucking their hps down for more Powah as I go into a spin, blades flashing and then hit the room with a final room-clearing blaze of destruction.

Afterwards I'm happy. I stacked my damage good and had plenty of crits. My Brute Fury was high, and I timed all my aoe's just right.

Fire everywhere. Waves of mobs melting to the ground.

*sigh*

Yeah, aoe is fun.

:gonk:

*sniffle*
wave after endless wave of http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Fiery_Aura#Blazing_Aura backed up by http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Fiery_Aura#Burn and http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Fiery_Aura#Consume with a sprinkling of
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Kinetic_Melee#Burst

:'(

Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone