Author Topic: Batman is cast...  (Read 8727 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: Batman is cast...
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 07:17:03 AM »
Is this going to be the style of batman we had in the former movies and the animated series and not the one that was in the Dark Knight crap? Dark Knight was interesting and all but I liked the previous batman movies more. They were more true to the comic and less of a hollywood thing.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »
Quote from: Eoraptor on KP Slash Haven
Bryan Crantson looks to be your next Lex.

you know, if it wasn't all based on MoS... I'd actually be interested i seeing it.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 12:55:24 AM »
Agreed, Eoraptor. Agreed.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Hellgeist

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 01:26:35 AM »
The Batman films remind me of a group of drunk frat boys in a costume store, passing around a rubber mask to try on, and laugh as they cough up stupid one-liners. These Golden Heads they are pulling from hollywood, and stuffing into the black suit in order to sell tickets is just sickening to me. A stain upon the character and concept in general.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 03:27:53 AM »
Didn't Affleck piddle all over the idea of playing another superhero after "Daredevil"?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 05:06:42 AM »
Didn't Affleck piddle all over the idea of playing another superhero after "Daredevil"?

As much as I disagree with the casting of Aflac, who in their right mind would turn down playing Batman? There was even a rumor about a week ago saying that Bale was considering coming back (mostly cause of the astronomical paycheck).

Also people keep bringing up Ledger as the Joker, but in my mind, that was a freak occurrence of perfection that will likely not happen again for a long time. I sure hope BA spends a lot of time reading Batman comics and watching TAS to get ready for this role.

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »
Listen, everyone agrees they like Tommy Lee Jones (at least, I think they do), and yet, IMO, his portrayal of Two-Face was the most horrific thing to come out of any Batman move. It's just embarrassing to watch him attempt to do non-stop maniacal laughing at everything that Jim Carrey (Riddler) said. Worse than Carrey's chewing the scenery. Worse than Arnold's Mr. Freeze. Worse than nippled armor. It's.... horrendous. On top of that, it was pretty obvious that the 'holes' in his face was painted on make-up.

So, you have a great actor failing and those expected to do poorly (Keaton and Ledger) doing well.

Anyone who says now that Affleck is going to do a bad job... or an excellent one... is talking out the wrong side of their alimentary canal.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 04:12:58 PM »
Worse than nippled armor.

Let me stop you right there, good sir. I don't think it's possible to be worse than bat nipples... :P

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 05:11:39 PM »
Let me stop you right there, good sir. I don't think it's possible to be worse than bat nipples... :P

Oh. Really?

Lucky666

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2013, 05:56:13 PM »
Saw mention of this on Fox News earlier, and kind of agreed with the news anchor's suggestion. Get Adam West to put the 'ol tights and cowl back on. ;)

What if and I'm just throwing this out randomely here they get Affleck to play Batman Beyond(Terry McGinnis) and get Adam West to play old man Bruce Wayne. Batman Beyond has jet boots it would probably make fighting along side Superman much easier. IDK just what me and some friends were thinking.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »
It could be worse....I just stumbled across the fact that Ryan Reynolds is being cast as the new Highlander....

The rom-com is a new spin for the franchise I guess...

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 03:03:57 AM »
It could be worse....I just stumbled across the fact that Ryan Reynolds is being cast as the new Highlander....

The rom-com is a new spin for the franchise I guess...
there can be only one... set of abs
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Lothic

• Lieutenant
  • Like tears in rain...
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 02:10:27 PM »
I fall firmly in the "I'll give Affleck a chance with this" camp.

There are several things going for him:

1) His experience playing Daredevil.  Now I'll completely agree that overall the Daredevil movie was very crappy.  But if you forget about the story/plot/directing of that movie and just focus in on Affleck's individual acting/fighting ability he actually did a fairly decent job.  As a long time comic geek I think he'll be able to avoid many of the problems that movie had and help make something better this time.

2) Affleck can act.  Say what you will about silly movies like Gigli but Affleck himself is a pretty decent actor as long as he has a good movie to work with. Clearly he has name recognition and is seasoned enough that he'll probably serve in a pseudo-mentor role for the younger Cavill.

The only real problem I have with Affleck in this role is getting past the idea of seeing "Ben Affleck in a Batsuit".  Henry Cavill had a fairly easy time becoming Superman because he was a relative unknown actor.  As an established actor Affleck's going to have to work the extra mile to help convince the audience that he's actually Wayne/Batman and not just Affleck pretending to be Batman.  Even with this "problem" I think he has a decent chance to pull it off.

Remember that most people hated the idea of Michael Keaton as Batman and Heath Ledger as The Joker.  For this movie Affleck doesn't even need to be absolutely perfect because more than likely he'll be playing second-fiddle to Cavill's Superman.

Is this going to be the style of batman we had in the former movies and the animated series and not the one that was in the Dark Knight crap? Dark Knight was interesting and all but I liked the previous batman movies more. They were more true to the comic and less of a hollywood thing.

In the overall spectrum of Batman portrayals (with Adam West at one end and Christian Bale at the other) I suspect that Affleck's version will be a notch or two less "severe" than Bale's.  He'll probably interject a bit of witty, dry humor (especially as Wayne) to counterbalance Cavill's slightly rigid/messianic version of Supes.
CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »
I too am in the "I'll give Affleck a chance with this" camp, for the reasons Lothic cited, and for one more...

The level of fannish butthurtitude over this casting choice reminds me of the whining that ensued when Keaton was cast as Batman for the 1989 Burton flick, AND the whining insults that erupted when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker for "The Dark Knight" has pushed me from indifference to the casting to "Oh man, no I wanna see this. Bring it on!" enthusiasm.

Battfleck, HO!

That said, the fact that its based on MOS and will supposedly be a sequel to that flick again gives me cause for concern...and irritation.

What if and I'm just throwing this out randomely here they get Affleck to play Batman Beyond(Terry McGinnis) and get Adam West to play old man Bruce Wayne. Batman Beyond has jet boots it would probably make fighting along side Superman much easier. IDK just what me and some friends were thinking.
I'd watch this so hard, the theater would shake.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:08:07 PM by corvus1970 »
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Razy

• Minion
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 03:46:35 AM »
I'm willing to give Affleck a chance. Maybe he can do batman's voice without needing a riccola after each scene.  :P He  may be wise enough to get some pointers on doing bats/ wayne's voice from batman the animated series.

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »
We need a Bat actor to distinguish himself from the crowd by using a high pitch falsetto instead.

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 06:38:10 PM »
We need a Bat actor to distinguish himself from the crowd by using a high pitch falsetto instead.

If I had any Photoshop skills I'd give you Barry Gibb in a batsuit.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »

The first voice he uses in this is the closest I could find...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc

:P

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2013, 01:07:13 AM »
The first voice he uses in this is the closest I could find...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc

:P

Lmao! Side note: I can't believe Pindar is now living in Gotham of all places. You know for being a germaphobe and agoraphobe.