Author Topic: Wildstar Business Model is announced  (Read 5701 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Wildstar Business Model is announced
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 01:12:59 AM »

Please, curb your vitriol. You have no idea whether it will work or not, what their reasons are, or whether this is even a permanent offering or not. If you can't keep a civil tone (and no, before you start protesting, that was not civil), keep your comments to yourself or PMs.

And Xmas, it's not "especially NCsoft games", it is just "games". Yes, we do have to police the NCsoft games a bit more because people are angry with the company, but we're not treating the games as more special than others.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 02:22:25 AM »
It sounds like a way for the company to make some quick cash off the "gotta have it first crowd".

No, if it was that they'd be selling lifetime subscriptions.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 04:13:05 AM »
Gee I was under the impression that the Other Games board was a no bash zone especially any game that's owned/backed by NCSOFT.

LOL!

We can wait and see. EVE has been around for a long time and caters to a very specific player-base world wide. Since NCSoft isn't paying me I won't offer my opinion on the merits of the plan.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 09:14:40 AM »

Please, curb your vitriol. You have no idea whether it will work or not, what their reasons are, or whether this is even a permanent offering or not. If you can't keep a civil tone (and no, before you start protesting, that was not civil), keep your comments to yourself or PMs.

And Xmas, it's not "especially NCsoft games", it is just "games". Yes, we do have to police the NCsoft games a bit more because people are angry with the company, but we're not treating the games as more special than others.

Sorry Agge, that was the point I clumsily tried to make.  Didn't mean to imply that NCSOFT's games get special treatment.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 09:15:43 AM »
LOL!

We can wait and see. EVE has been around for a long time and caters to a very specific player-base world wide. Since NCSoft isn't paying me I won't offer my opinion on the merits of the plan.

They aren't paying me either and I'm annoyed at your implication.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

SentaiRed

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 09:31:15 PM »
(Warning: Conjectural Forecast incoming!)

I think this could work for them. The reason Subscription models have essentially been suicide in recent years is because they're competing with WoW for that space -- but WoW is steadily losing subscribers, so that may not be an issue like it was 2 years ago.

Combine that with the fact that the F2P market is utterly saturated with subpar games(I'll grant you that has never not been the case, but remember, we're combining facts!), I think MMO players might actually be willing to pay the monthly fee to get a full package for once.

I know I am. But that depends on the game being good. That's the part we'll have to see about.