More Titan Projects > Icon

Icon 1.71

(1/7) > >>

Codewalker:
Hey all. Development is currently underway for Icon 1.8. One of the features/fixes for that version is especially needed given the number of popmenu-based additions that have been created. To help with those, I backported that one change and have released 1.71, a minor fix update.

Download Link
http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe

Changes since 1.70

* Command parser reworked to be compatible with context menus. Icon commands can now be directly called from a popmenu.

* The source code is no longer provided as individual zip files. Instead, a Git repository has been created so that the entire development history of the project is available. You can clone http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.git with the Git client of your choice.

Phaetan:
Forgive me if this is a silly question, but what changes can/should be made to popmenus to incorporate this new feature?

PS- Thank you so much for the subforum.  Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

PPS- Oh, and I guess for all the hard work on Icon, too. ;)

Codewalker:
Just removing the "beginchat /" is all that needs to be done. That hack is no longer necessary. :)

Long version: Icon used to add an additional keybind "layer". This is the kind of thing that lets the base editor use different key bindings while it's open. Those layers also can add extra slash commands.  It turns out that when a context menu like a popmenu is opened, the game creates a temporary layer and binds all of the accelerator keys for that menu to it, using the game's default command parser as the handler. So when you press the first letter of a menu item, it selects that item instead of doing whatever that key is normally bound to.

That temporary layer is set to not allow any keystrokes/commands to fall through to lower layers, such as the Icon layer. So the buck stops there and only the default parser is called.

To work around that, I just hooked the default command parser and inserted the call to Icon's there. It's no longer a separate layer.

batqueen:
  :o quick fix coming...

wyldhunt:
WOOHOO!!!! I'll definitely carve out some time this week to test some popmenu tricks I used in CoX and see what I can get Icon to do now. Will share once I have some stuff ready...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version