Author Topic: Mechwarrior Tactics: F2P public stress test August 20-23  (Read 1984 times)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Mechwarrior Tactics: F2P public stress test August 20-23
« on: August 19, 2013, 09:44:14 PM »
It's pretty fun stuff, though not quite a MMORPG. MMOTBS is closer to describing the genre. :)
https://www.mwtactics.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6477-open-public-stress-test-august-20/
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Re: Mechwarrior Tactics: F2P public stress test August 20-23
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:56:52 AM »
I am a huge Battletech fan. I am also an avid Mac user. Last I  checked the feeling of disdain and general apathy towards any other platform than Windows was enough to write this off totally. It looks great, though. If it is anywhere near MW3 it would be awesome.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:58:24 AM »
I haven't logged in for a while, but I hope they've made some serious improvements to the connectivity issues.  (As I understand it from talking with another friend who's in the beta, they hadn't as of a couple of days ago.) I suppose that's what they're out to find out with this test, though.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »
cool, I didn't know they had a mech warrior mmo coming. wonder if it is like the old one player games
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 11:01:22 AM »
Mechwarrior Online is the MMO.
Mechwarrior Tactics an online turn-based strategy, closely modeled after the original board game. :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
Mechwarrior Online is the MMO.
Mechwarrior Tactics an online turn-based strategy, closely modeled after the original board game. :)
Right.

http://mwomercs.com/ - Mechwarrior Online - been in open beta since October last year; 1st person, real-time combat with 3rd person view being discussed; MMO style play
http://mwtactics.com/ - Mechwarrior Tactics - been in closed beta since late last year; as far as I know, this stress test is the first open test; turn-based combat; played in web browser

Both are F2P games.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 01:48:15 AM »
After you guy's subtle hinting I realize that I was talking about Mechwarrior Online. Tactics does look pretty cool. Kind of a 3D version of the old turn based Battletech game (was it Mektek before they turned to Heavy Gear?). I played the crap out of that against the AI. Ran through numerous Clan trials.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl