Author Topic: Champions login problem....  (Read 2198 times)

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
Champions login problem....
« on: August 14, 2013, 02:16:04 PM »
...So there I am, playing Champions Online and getting a tidge better at it. Its no CoX, it is what it is, but there I am for now.

I decided to reroll my first character. I bought her a costume-part that I wanted for her, with Zen, which I did go and purchase... so I got the Zen, transferred it to CO and began happily remaking my character.

Halfway through the recreation, I am violently punted off the server. And I cant get back on. I cant even log into Neverwinter!

What happens when I try to launch now is that an icon for the start-page appears on my lower taskbar. When I mouse over it, I see a tiny log-in page, but that page is NOT on my desktop like usual. All I get is the icon on my taskbar. Right-clicking on that merely creates another icon on my taskbar, I cant make the log-in page usable. I get a message telling me the game is "already running."

Maybe in Munchkinland, it is. But I can't log in, here in Bigpeopleville. What am I doing wrong? I even DLed that Arc thingy, and it wont launch from that either. The server is allegedly active, I am really confused here.

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
Re: Champions login problem....
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 02:25:33 PM »
Sounds like you might try re-starting your PC.  Maybe you've got something running in the background you can't see on the task bar.
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »
Could also be something in your ISP's routing. I was able to log in fine, just now, and I was in the character creator at about the same time you were, assuming you posted immediately after experiencing the problem.

Not to say that  Cryptic doesn't have unscheduled "maintenance." It just doesn't seem to be the issue, this time.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 03:59:27 PM »
Check your tray for a small Cryptic logo. If the error reporter is running, it can cause problems. Also check your task manager for Gameclient.exe and close all instances.
Spess

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 04:53:16 AM »
Ok, that problem is fixed and TYVM for responses. I  beg your indulgence for one more stupid question!

When I create a costume, in the costume creator it looks great! However a lot of times once I enter the game "world," the edges of the costume become very pixelated and indistinct. This is especially marked with "tops with skin." It seems the more I fool around with the game settings, trying to increase the quality of my character detail, the WORSE this becomes. What am I doing wrong?

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 05:02:59 AM »
Make sure light quality is set to high.
Spess

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 06:20:52 AM »
Ok, that problem is fixed and TYVM for responses. I  beg your indulgence for one more stupid question!

When I create a costume, in the costume creator it looks great! However a lot of times once I enter the game "world," the edges of the costume become very pixelated and indistinct. This is especially marked with "tops with skin." It seems the more I fool around with the game settings, trying to increase the quality of my character detail, the WORSE this becomes. What am I doing wrong?
The game automatically elevates your graphics settings in the character creator, unless you specifically tell it not to by unchecking the checkbox for that option.  If you increase character detail and lighting quality in the game options, then your outfit will look better in-game.