Author Topic: City of Titans (The Phoenix Project) Kickstarter  (Read 20062 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: City of Titans (The Phoenix Project) Kickstarter
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »
I have no proof or evidence of this, but I can imagine the NCSoft CEO by now has ordered all the servers/hard drives brought to his office to wipe and reformat them personally for recycling as test shards for another title (pure speculation, don't cut me apart over this, please).
This is not the sort of thing CEOs actually do (outside of episodes of NCIS-LA).

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2013, 12:08:44 AM »
I can't prove it either, but - the servers are one thing, but to discard the data would be insane. The cost of keeping the per-player data - given that they were backing it up already, and it isn't changing any more - would be truly microscopic; and it might just come in handy.

Insane behavior would be par for the course.

I also subscribe to the notion that all the CoX data files, to include server and client source code, are long gone.

We can only hope that someone walked out the building with the code on a USB stick.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2013, 01:55:38 PM »
While I find the actual probability that such has occurred to be extremely low, I will say that it's probably best for those who are emotionally invested in this (i.e. most of us) to consider it as if all those files are gone. I say this because it means less likelihood of being disappointed. If CoH never returns, it won't matter if the files are there or not; easier, perhaps, to assume they're gone rather than hoping they aren't and still being disappointed. We can all be very pleasantly surprised later if they come back, that way!

toxicdisorder

• Underling
  • Freedom server is best server.
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2014, 04:53:13 AM »
This really gave me hope. I'm pretty sure most people won't care if it's different, just as long as it's generally the same.