Author Topic: Got Ignored For Something I didn't Do... >.>  (Read 2714 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Got Ignored For Something I didn't Do... >.>
« on: August 08, 2013, 01:18:02 AM »

So I'm doing Alerts tonight- and they aren't going very well to be honest. Lots of lowbies I'm guessing.

All of a sudden I get a tell from someone that says something like "We won without you. Thanks for being a @#$@" .

And then they ignored me.

Thing is, I have no idea who they were or what they were talking about.

The only time I leave an Alert is if it's a lost cause and everyone else is leaving. As long as someone else is fighting, I'm in there to right till the
bitter end.

I'm guessing that someone had a similar name to my character and I got tagged for something they did.

It's kind of aggravating to get accused of something you didn't do and then not even get an explanation as to what they are talking about. >.>

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Got Ignored For Something I didn't Do... >.>
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 01:45:10 AM »
Oh man, it was the moaning healer toons that got to me recently! Bitch bitch bitch, and "I am so important".

Look, you (they) aren't having fun and seem to have not had any for awhile now, you are ruining my fun, so what's the point?? Shoo shoo  : p

Having a bad day/misunderstandings/being in the wrong place at the wrong time/taking the game way too serious/brain damage, etc and so on: all contributing factors.

Tonite I had to log off because I was blushing too much from all the Xev compliments and didn't know how to handle'em! True story  : )

It's just bad nights/good nights.. Even if you did skip out on the alert early, if the roles were reversed, would you bother to cuss anyone out over something as silly and common as a failed alert? Prolly not. So, you prolly aren't missing out on much by being on their ignore.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 02:20:41 AM »
"Behemoth u f@$#% sukk u piece of sh%@# knocking nem."
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 03:16:51 AM »
Oh here's one for ya... Tonite, I'm in another Warlord team and there is this toon just slobbering all over the healer in the group "oh, thx heals. great heals! heals this, heals that".

Sure I tanked his boss mob for him (Warlord) with Lee but nah, that wasn't worth a mention.

Not only that.....!

In the very next alert I have this guy again but this time it's a Grab with no healer. We're buzzing through the thing and again I'm tanking the boss as well as most everything else. Somehow he managed to steal agro once or twice and nearly gets himself killed while fighting Warlord. So I, in no danger and not the designated healer, pop off a Nimbus and Supernatural just to save his butt because I figured "ahh, he's just prone to getting killed without a healer is why he luvs them so and ignores everyone else".

Not only does he not say thanks, he immediately manually exits the alert as soon as he loots.

/e rollseyes
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 03:53:06 AM »
So I'm doing Alerts tonight- and they aren't going very well to be honest. Lots of lowbies I'm guessing.

All of a sudden I get a tell from someone that says something like "We won without you. Thanks for being a @#$@" .

And then they ignored me.

Thing is, I have no idea who they were or what they were talking about.

The only time I leave an Alert is if it's a lost cause and everyone else is leaving. As long as someone else is fighting, I'm in there to right till the
bitter end.

I'm guessing that someone had a similar name to my character and I got tagged for something they did.

It's kind of aggravating to get accused of something you didn't do and then not even get an explanation as to what they are talking about. >.>

Yeah that is very annoying but probably case of mistaken identity. They probably looked at the name and forgot the handle. When they started to type the name into the chat box it probably auto completed to your name and thus they thought they had right person.

But since you are ignored, you probably wont get a chance to explain yourself and if they run into the guy they meant to ignore, they probably will be slightly puzzled and may or may not remember they may have or may not ignored the wrong guy/gal.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 06:55:45 AM »
Reminds me of this one time I was playing a round of Alterac Valley in World of Warcraft and said something to the team, to which someone accused me of having harassed their girlfriend during a dungeon run a few months ago. Knowing I had done no such thing, I questioned my accuser about the incident's circumstances, suggesting that he may have misremembered the name and server of the the harasser, but he was confident my character was the harasser. I continued to question him until he said that the incident had taken place during a Hall of Lightning run, upon which I linked my Halls of Lightning "achievement" status which showed I hadn't actually run HoL on that particular character, to which he admitted he was wrong and backed off.

Then our team lost, because horde needs to play defensively in AV, not do cross-examinations of each other.  :P

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 02:35:41 PM »
Here's a Gem for the thread...

I don't normally join SG... I just run to casually to really be an asset to an SG.  Now I did make an exception not to long ago but ended up regretting it almost immediately.  The leader (who shall remain unnamed), wanted to run a few alerts with me.  The first alert we pulled he announced before it had even started "Suck team" in local and dropped. I was beside myself but stayed to loose with the other four that were unfortunate enough to pull us as part of their team.  This happened 3 more times with varying degrees of rude tells from him before I had all I could stand and quit the SG and ultimately ignored him because of the series of rude tells he assaulted my chatbox with.

I enjoy playing healers/support toons, which were much different at launch than they are now. So after my two year hiatus from CO I had to re-learn how to play them.. and some of my early toons where -horrible- builds, I know that now.  But I do recall being called completely useless and freeloading on at least one alert simply because my only direct attack was my e-builder. And then I was promptly ignored.  It seems a small fraction of the CO player base has no clue what support toons are supposed to do and subscribe to the MOAR DAMMAGE!!!!! school of thought in totality -- god forbid you sway from that outlook, you will be branded a traitor to the crown and excommunicated immediately...lol.

I try very hard not to leave alerts... and I've seen a fair share of people that will afk through the nemesis alerts presumably only to get the Q at the end.  And while I don't think that's fair to the rest of the team it is what it is.  I don't go out of my way to be confrontational with leavers/afk'ers...heck anyone for that matter.  I just cant wrap my mind around the thought process of people that think sending a tell like the one the OP got sent is actually going to make any difference to the person at all.  I guess it has to do with the 'internet anonyimity' thing.
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 05:43:09 PM »
Then our team lost, because horde needs to play defensively in AV, not do cross-examinations of each other.  :P

*snicker*

Here's a Gem for the thread...

I don't normally join SG... I just run to casually to really be an asset to an SG.  Now I did make an exception not to long ago but ended up regretting it almost immediately.  The leader (who shall remain unnamed), wanted to run a few alerts with me.  The first alert we pulled he announced before it had even started "Suck team" in local and dropped. I was beside myself but stayed to loose with the other four that were unfortunate enough to pull us as part of their team.  This happened 3 more times with varying degrees of rude tells from him before I had all I could stand and quit the SG and ultimately ignored him because of the series of rude tells he assaulted my chatbox with.

Nightmare.

I've been hard on some healers, here not in-game but about in-game healers, recently, and I have some probably not entirely popular opinions on some healers (couldn't begin to have any names memorized..) playing CO. But. I play healer/support toons, sometimes as mains, and have since kinda a long time now and I enjoy them as much as any other type of toon when I'm in that mode, more than some.

What gets me is when they think they deserve some kind of special treatment for performing their function - even if they do it just well enough to be marginally useful or they just are not even needed due to the rest of the team being that good. "I got no thanks for my heals!" umm.. so what? The tank got no thanks for giving you something to heal and for holding the mob(s) there while the rest of us gang up on them and eliminate them before they can make their way to you. The DPS got no thanks for picking off the strays that were pounding on you. So, what makes you so special? Because you performed the function of your AT and did it well enough to make yourself possibly a credit to the team?

*shrug*

When Xev gets a thank you, "thx heals!", I almost always say "Thanks dps!" Because that's generally what makes most of Xev's teams go zoom so why not spread that credit around to everyone being useful.

Oh and how about... "You're on my no heals list!" Wha....? I can think of a lot of words to describe that situation and not one of them is anywhere near the definition of "Tragic". Who the heck goes to the trouble to keep a list of people that they met one time and got peeved, anyway?? I have a hard enough time keeping track of *useful* info sometimes! hehe

Can you just imagine... "You're on my no tank list!" "You're on my no dps list!" No, you can't because you never hear it.

I'm lol'ing just a lil bit atm just to set the mood right btw..

I feel better! : D
Some Faves:

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 06:56:41 PM »
Can you just imagine... "You're on my no tank list!" "You're on my no dps list!" No, you can't because you never hear it.

Ha!  I did just that one night.  Not in CO but in SW:TOR.  My wife loves the game... so I built a Jedi Guardian Tank to run with her.  I remember running one of the flashpoints... um... maybe Athiss.. i think. Anyway, we PUG'd the other two team positions (healer and DPS) while I Tanked and she DPS'd.  Our second DPS'er would jump ahead aggro multiple mobs and then run screaming like a baby back to me dragging half the map.  Donno if you've ever tried SW:TOR - but suffice it to say; tanks there just aren't nearly as tough as the tanks in CoH OR CO and without calculated tactics and methods... you can melt just as fast as the rest of your team.  So after many warnings, I refused to peal the aggro off of him, and the healer refused to dismiss it with her powers.  He reigned himself in pretty quick when he finally noticed my "I'm not tanking for you anymore" comment in chat after I let him quickly the next couple of 'gung-ho-charges' he did.

I hate being like that -- and I'll only ever do something like that if I know the person obviously or blatantly knows what they are doing.  A noob, i'd just try to help them learn the ropes and try to keep 'em safe while they learn....
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »
Ha!  I did just that one night.  Not in CO but in SW:TOR.  My wife loves the game... so I built a Jedi Guardian Tank to run with her.  I remember running one of the flashpoints... um... maybe Athiss.. i think. Anyway, we PUG'd the other two team positions (healer and DPS) while I Tanked and she DPS'd.  Our second DPS'er would jump ahead aggro multiple mobs and then run screaming like a baby back to me dragging half the map.  Donno if you've ever tried SW:TOR - but suffice it to say; tanks there just aren't nearly as tough as the tanks in CoH OR CO and without calculated tactics and methods... you can melt just as fast as the rest of your team.  So after many warnings, I refused to peal the aggro off of him, and the healer refused to dismiss it with her powers.  He reigned himself in pretty quick when he finally noticed my "I'm not tanking for you anymore" comment in chat after I let him quickly the next couple of 'gung-ho-charges' he did.

I hate being like that -- and I'll only ever do something like that if I know the person obviously or blatantly knows what they are doing.  A noob, i'd just try to help them learn the ropes and try to keep 'em safe while they learn....

See now, this, I totally get. The 2nd DPS was blatantly wreaking havoc for the whole group and the group was failing in it's task. People repeatedly getting killed in the team is generally a funkiller, too. And so now not only is gametime not any fun/rewarding anymore but it's starting to get ppl .. peeved.

In my situation with Mr. I've Got A List, I was just toying with the fire mechanic at the final Warlord fight. We won. No one died. And we won fairly easily as far as that goes.

"Stop turning Warlord"
"No"
"Are you denying your healer?"
"Yes"
"You are on my no heals list"
"Boo hoo"

I remember it exactly I don't even have to look at the logfile.

In your example the rogue dps is being an .. unfun person. In my example, I'm sorry I lost some politeness when replying to a single person in the team who didn't seem overly polite themselves but I was just trying something new and no one died, and we won relatively easily. You reacted because of obvious reasons, the guy was screwing things up for everyone. My guy reacted because he didn't get treated like a lil prince.

Edit:
I generally play Xev (and all my healer/support guys up to now) when I wanna kick it with a team and let them go wild and see if I can keep them all alive because I like Xev just fine as a support toon and when I play him I'm pretty much in support mode and not trying to control anything unless it's just one of those situations where someone has to take control because everyone else is looking for a clue and I happen to be the only one with one at the time. I get a kick out of trying to help other players stretch beyond what they can do normally without someone busting butt (in some situations) to keep them alive. There's a lot of really fun/knowledgeable/good players that play healers and having a good one in a tough team situation can really turn things around, of course.

Just wanted to end on a positive note with the whole throwing my recent negative experiences of playing with some ppl playing the AT around, thing.

I coulda been nicer to the Warlord guy, too, to at least tell him what I was doing. Wasn't trying to be rude to him I just wasn't up for the second healer debate in a row in two different teams/alerts in a row at that particular moment about alerts that I knew we were going to easily win - which is my bad.

Kaos, you should feel way better by now! We all run into bumps here and there and lots of times they're over nothing important or for no reason at all. Just hoomahns being our imperfekt selves.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:21:22 AM by Xev »
Some Faves: