Author Topic: Go Q!  (Read 2580 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Go Q!
« on: August 04, 2013, 06:54:37 PM »
Finally, the price of Q is going back up! I'm hoping this is a trend because I've got ~250k of it sitting in the Exchange because I'm too stubborn to lower my price from normal.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Go Q!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »
I should have been buying now. I still have a few Q-only travel powers to unlock. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:13:14 PM »
We'll see if the price holds. It's been relatively low since the flood of Nem alerts started.

I'm hoping the upward trend continues because I'm pretty close to getting a FF slot for the first time and a sale in the Z-store must not be too far away.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 05:12:38 PM »
As someone who is F2P and poor, the price of Q going up is bad :(
Woo! - Argent Girl

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:04 PM »

Maybe I'm saying it wrong but if it costs more Zen to buy Q, like it is currently, then that is what I'm calling 'the price of Q going up'.

You can buy more Zen with your Q right now than you could these past weeks, so, Q is more expensive for someone with Zen and wanting to buy Q - Zen is cheaper for those of us with Q and wanting to buy Zen.

That's my weird logic anyways.

Sounds like Kaos had bad timing to take advantage of the low price of Q we had these past weeks but I saw a lot of Nem alerts again last night and the price of Q is still a lil low so it's still a decent time for Q buyers to buy and the price may very well go down again  : /

We'll have to wait and see where the trend goes. I never had so much Q sitting in the Exchange unsold (in my vast 5 or 6 months experience  : ) Usually I sell out overnight or by the next day, max.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:29:11 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 10:26:50 PM »

What Xev said. If you farm some Q you can earn some Zen which can go towards a freeform slot, for example. :D

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 10:28:52 PM »
As someone with a f2p account, who's farming to buy power sets, a hideout, etc., that's good news, after all. Thanks for clearing that up.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 10:30:02 PM »
*cheer*
Some Faves:

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 12:32:28 AM »
I apologize for my EXTREME derp ^^;
Woo! - Argent Girl

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 01:26:36 AM »
I apologize for my EXTREME derp ^^;

Ha : ) Not at all. It's an easy thing to say/read backwards since it can be said in different ways depending on what you are trying to accentuate (my Q has more value!). I had to re-read the OP after reading yours to be sure I didn't goof, too.

Zen is getting more expensive again btw..  : /

I just say: Nemesis. Alerts.

Kinda ironic. They make Q hour a pretty rare thing, they generally make XP alerts the hardest of all the 'normal' alerts and now they spam Nem alerts which are usually XP alerts, and, probably the easiest alerts in the game.

Maybe I read the trend wrong but it seems like Nem alerts are a way for CO to help control the market price on Q/Zen by making Q more easily available whenever they spam Nem alerts.
Some Faves: