Author Topic: MMORPG Character Comparisons  (Read 13100 times)

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
Re: MMORPG Character Comparisons
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 12:04:37 AM »
It would have been an interesting goal to have played every powerset in CoH to 50. Just getting 1 of each 10 ATs and 4 EATs to 50 was hard enough. The sheer costume options in CoH while intimidating at times, offered lots of choices and even random generated ones didn't seem too bad.

I played EVE back in the old days when every character looked like your clone or your brother/sister. I rarely saw characters that looked like one of mine, when I did I took a screen shot. :)

Thanks for this list Blondeshell, it makes me appreciate what we had in CoH even more.

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 12:36:39 AM »

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 07:43:07 AM »
Not that i want to make more work for you, but Final Fantasy XIV has quite a bit of customization for the character as well as a reskinning and dye system for gear. Also you can access every class/job/skill on a single character.
I'd agree that there's a bit of customization involved in FFXIV, especially now that the glamour system is out, but there's a few notes that I should point out.

*A character's "clothing" is determined by equipment, which-- as was mentioned-- can be dyed, but only after you unlock that capability at around Lv15 or so.
*Furthermore, the vanity system (known as "glamour prisms") can only be unlocked after your first battle class reaches Lv50 (and complete the initial main story quests pre-patches?), the current cap.
**There are other rules to glamouring such as the inability to prism  items of a higher item level than the base equipment, nor can you glamour equipment that your current class/job can't equip.