Author Topic: GenCon 2013: M&G with Victoria Victrix (NOW TWO DATES!)  (Read 8762 times)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: GenCon 2013: M&G with Victoria Victrix (NOW TWO DATES!)
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »
I had a great time seeing y'all last night, though I wish I'd had time to get to meet more of you. The conversation I had with Tanklet, Randomvector, and ... Lydiastar (?, sorry I'm blanking) was fun, though. I hadn't been to HeroCon or any other M&G before to be able to talk about City of Heroes with other people who played it, so that was quite nice.

Okay.  About the second M&G tonight.  Sorry that it turned into such a fuster-cluck.

I'm going to see if we can figure out a better plan for next year, because the whole restaurant thing isn't working.

Don't beat yourself up too badly about the restaurant issues. I know from first-hand experience that things like that can happen when an unpredictable outside entity is involved, and you just have to roll with it. Mad props for volunteering to organize the M&G in the first place. I'm sorry I didn't connect with you earlier in the day, though, but I didn't realize until right before 5:00 that Catalyst had a booth in the dealer room in addition to what I had seen in the demo hall that morning. Oops.  :-[

Was great meeting you! :)

It was a pleasure meeting you, as well. :) I hope your trip home is/was sufficiently safe and boring. Don't forget my suggestion about using the Ouroboros Portal to document your characters and stories.

And if anyone wants to get the AP33 button I was wearing, they're available here, along with lots of other stuff.

Lydiastar

• Minion
  • @Syntaxically on twitter
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2013, 09:35:24 PM »
Well, there's a bit of cost involved but you could book a meeting room at a hotel.  Then everyone could BYOB and pizza could be ordered.

Yup. That is a good idea. We will for sure make a plan for next year, and that is a good idea!

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2013, 02:14:35 AM »
It suddenly occurred to me that Ouroboros Portal is a great name for a fantasy themed pub.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Randomvector

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2013, 07:55:34 PM »
Home and brain is finally becoming capable of coherent thought again.
It was a blast meeting with you guys. Idea for a hotel room is great, but with Gen-con I think most of the local ones to the convention centre are in use.
Maybe become an official Gencon "Event" and get in the book? I told a bunch of people I met through wearing my AP33 shirt about it (some even showed up) but not everyone knew about it.
But maybe that was good with the restaurant issues involved.

Love this community.

Wish I was wittier in person and online so I could express this better than "it was a blast"

Next year in Paragon.