Author Topic: NCSoft has a new venture.  (Read 12587 times)

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
Re: NCSoft has a new venture.
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2013, 05:07:10 PM »
No kidding.  Even people I knew who hated couldn't believe it was shutdown.  It blows my mind NCSoft is ignoring the PR nightmare they're in.

Unfortunately, City of Heroes was never more than a sideshow for NCSoft; although it reportedly constituted the biggest single chunk of their North American revenue, it was never more than an afterthought in their balance sheets. If it didn't make enough money for them to be worried about what throwing it on the trash heap would do to their revenue stream, it wasn't important enough to them to be worried about any negative PR from the shutdown.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2013, 09:10:10 PM »
Unfortunately, City of Heroes was never more than a sideshow for NCSoft; although it reportedly constituted the biggest single chunk of their North American revenue, it was never more than an afterthought in their balance sheets. If it didn't make enough money for them to be worried about what throwing it on the trash heap would do to their revenue stream, it wasn't important enough to them to be worried about any negative PR from the shutdown.
basically.

One day... a company will treat the super hero mmo genre not as a sideshow, but give it a fair shake at a shot of being mainstream. One day.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2013, 09:08:52 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.