Author Topic: looking back  (Read 1129 times)

Thedingus123

• Underling
looking back
« on: April 22, 2014, 02:35:39 AM »
As a player who played the game for 4.25 months looking back today  in my old games basket where I kept my my old 360 games before I got the red ring I found city of villains the classing game box which came with 4 CDs,a map,a mini action figure,a free trial and a trading card. Which I bought from Zellers for 9.99. Does anyone recommend me to keep this box in good condition as one day it will be looked back as a classic vintage game? 

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: looking back
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 03:49:03 AM »
Quote from: Yoda, Jedi Master
Difficult to see, the future is. Always in motion.

Unlike Atari 2600 and NES games which can still be played 25 years later if you have a working console, and each have a broad secondary collector market, the City of Villains discs will be continue to be unusable without NCsoft's servers being active. As someone who has several decades of collecting experience, I'd say you're better off keeping the box because you like having a piece of memorabilia from a game you enjoyed playing rather than in hopes of future monetary gain from a much more of a niche fan base.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: looking back
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 05:51:39 PM »
As a player who played the game for 4.25 months looking back today  in my old games basket where I kept my my old 360 games before I got the red ring I found city of villains the classing game box which came with 4 CDs,a map,a mini action figure,a free trial and a trading card. Which I bought from Zellers for 9.99. Does anyone recommend me to keep this box in good condition as one day it will be looked back as a classic vintage game?

If you can easily keep it in good condition, why not?  It's amazing the things that become collectable.

Great quote, there, Blondeshell!   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine