Author Topic: Old player, curious of what's going on  (Read 3047 times)

Firon

• Underling
Old player, curious of what's going on
« on: June 11, 2013, 09:51:41 AM »
Hi, guys. A lot of you probably know me as Operative Dresden from Freedom. I've found myself thinking about all my COH friends, so I decided to pop in and see what's going on with my favorite community.

I've been wondering if there is any word on any sort of emulation, the "Plan Z" replacement stuff, or any other relevant news recently. If not, how have you all been, I've missed you!

Kemphler

• Minion
Re: Old player, curious of what's going on
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 12:03:03 PM »
Well, as for whats going on right now...Codewalker has managed to get it so we can roam around the zones of CoX using characters with the Icon hero creator...though there isn't any NPCs or other players around when you do that, nor powers to use. The Phoenix Project, the plan Z being done by Missing Worlds Media just announced its going to be launching its Kickstarter in September. Project Valiance, another Plan Z, is making great progress and moving rather quickly it seems. I don't know about Heroes and Villains as I hadn't kept up on that one. Other than that...we're sticking around, and waiting it out for the time being it seems.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying." - Groucho Marx

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 01:11:55 PM »
Clarification, in Icon, you can use all parts and the extra forearm slider for your characters and you can spawn, position, and assign actions to NPCs, which is great for setting up pictures to screencap.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
you can spawn, position, and assign actions to NPCs, which is great for setting up pictures to screencap.

He ninja'd out an update last night too. Version 1.7 lets you load costume files onto yourself or npcs.  8)
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.msg120672.html#msg120672

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:58:28 PM »
Hoo boy, that adds a lot more than just loading costume files...

Firon

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:38:26 PM »
This all sounds amazing. Is there any word on actual emulation? Is that the the "End goal" of the costume creator, or is there something else?

I'm definitely going to look into Heroes and villains and the other stuff as well. Thank you all!

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 10:44:46 PM »
This all sounds amazing. Is there any word on actual emulation? Is that the the "End goal" of the costume creator, or is there something else?

I'm definitely going to look into Heroes and villains and the other stuff as well. Thank you all!
Our reverse-engineers dislike the term "emulator" and prefer "community server" instead; they're also being quiet about it (for good reason) and they'll let us know when something more substantial is available.  Also, the main/primary CoH successor project (with the most backing and people working on it) is The Phoenix Project, not H&V.

Firon

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:50:18 PM »
Probably a better term, yeah. Thanks for the update.

I basically just really miss Paragon and the isles >_>

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 02:45:40 PM »
Just remember this :-

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."

Our City remains on each and every one of our hard drives. It is not dead, because it is the City of Tomorrow, and tomorrow hasn't arrived. It is merely sleeping, and dreaming. And times? Well I'd say they've never been stranger, really, so I have every faith our own dreaming City will rise from its slumber and offer us all a welcome home again :)