Author Topic: Help -- can't remember the name of this game  (Read 1463 times)

Cinnder

• Boss
Help -- can't remember the name of this game
« on: June 05, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
With the pain of CoH's loss hurting more rather than less as time goes by, I find myself waxing nostalgic about old single-player games lately.  (To let you know how bad it is, I even made a CD of the music from the original Sid Meier's Colonization to play in the car -- ah, the good old days when games couldn't be suddenly snatched away...)

Anyway, I was just looking up some stuff on the small but rather magical game from 2003 called Beyond Good & Evil, and I realised that not every memory flashing up in my mostly-empty head was actually from that game.  There must have been another kinda-similar game that came out around the same time that I was conflating with this one.  It was more classic sci-fi in a sorta Star Wars-y kind of way, travelling to multiple planets and with plenty of quirky humour.  I remember you started off in a grungy bar that (I think) your character owned, but he was really down on his luck and not thought of very highly by most people who knew him.  Somehow he gets involved in the storyline and picks up several companions along the way.  I *think* this was also the game with a side quest to photograph these little hamster-like creatures hidden around the various worlds, but then again that could actually have been in BG&E.  My memory is getting really bad. lol

I know this is precious little info to go on (the only other thing I recall is a massive spoiler that I hesitate to write here), so if you can identify the game I'm talking about, you should get a badge for mind-reading.

Siluna

• Underling
Re: Help -- can't remember the name of this game
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 04:16:10 AM »
This is just a wild guess but was the game Anachronox?

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 06:45:30 AM »
This is just a wild guess but was the game Anachronox?

Holy cow -- that's it!  I don't know how you got it from my terrible clues, but thank you!!  Your badge will arrive in the mail.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »

Siluna

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 12:34:05 AM »
You're welcome. Happy to help. Looking forward to wearing my new badge.  :)