Author Topic: Google pitch: FAQ and history  (Read 18029 times)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: Google pitch: FAQ and history
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »
I'm just wondering if we should spread this word around, maybe on facebook or twitter or make a short article about it for extra exposure and to inform those other CoX players who stopped coming here. I'm sure a lot of them have moved on but we need all the help we can get...

Of course.

BUt keep in mind, not all will be as enthused as we are here so be prepared and dont jump down their throat for it. That dont make us look good and make people who even was thinking about joining turn away. AKA, create more enemies that used to be COX players than friends.

While it dont matter too much now, eventually, whether it's COX proper returning through Google or one of the projects, there have to be success and unfortunatley more people equals more money. See how many jaded people NCSoft created with their rudeness? Lets nt go down the same path. NCSoft can afford to lose that many but can we before the games even get opened or say if Google do open it, and then not enough people come back because the animosity between the cliques of the community, then they decide they wasted lot of money and shut down the game and sit on it themselves? Think Google will care about a few thousand people angry over their decision? Given their reaction in the past to numbers angry about various things that number ten times or more than the population of peak COX, probably not.  They make billions and probably could buy NCSoft whole a few times over without being hurt for money. In short, lets not hurt the business before the business Google some other compnay or the three projects even get started.

Spread the word, get the word out but do it kindly. Some one dont hope on board with the enthuse of  twinky addict stuck in a Little Debbie Classics factory, dont get angry. Just let them know and let them decide how to take it.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: Google pitch: FAQ and history
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »
I have a read receipt, so someone has opened the mail.

I'm not sure they would necessarily contact me, however. In the email I said that if they had questions about the pitch, or why I had sent it to him, to contact me. But if he was interested and had questions about COH or taking it further, to contact the person I can't name, who would be in a position to put them in touch with the right people at NC Soft :-)

I'm just wondering now has the person that told you folks to send this to google sent you a response to having read it yet. Assuming that isn't the person that sent you a "we've opened it" response.