Author Topic: Google contact details  (Read 17391 times)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
Re: Google contact details
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »
Dumb question... since we haven't heard from VV directly in a while (understandably so, of course), is Brian Clayton (who Disney was told to get in touch with in that version of the pitch) still on board?

Or is he out of it entirely, and the Google version of the pitch now more along the lines of "here's an IP that NCSoft has buried, please buy and unbury it, and in return we, the players, will swarm back to it", with no mention of Brian?

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 08:44:40 PM »
"here's an IP that NCSoft has buried, please buy and unbury it, and in return we, the players, will swarm back to it",

Speaking of which, is there a way to get info about things like this to the players that will swamr back but may not be here in this particular forum?

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 09:17:18 PM »
Alright guys, here we go:

You need to address your letters/postcards/whatever you'd like to send to:

Jeson Patel
Engineering Manager
Google Inc
Google Mountain View
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

If you've got a little time on your hands, you might also want to hit up:

Jamie Rosenberg,  Vice President of Digital Content

At the same address, urging him to talk to Mr Patel with regards to the City of Heroes pitch he was sent.

I know it's a pain, but as we've said previously, we don't want to interfere with their day-to-day work too much, so please don't use any email addresses you dig out for these people. It takes time, effort and energy to send a letter and that's what we're after here.

If you have the time, energy and inclination to be creative, feel free. The more attention grabbing you can be, hopefully, the more likely they are to look at what you're sending. Just.. you know. Keep it sane. Don't send them a finger or write it in your own blood or anything ;)

I've got a letter mostly typed up.

I'll try to polish it (as "Plz gimmeh CoH or elz!" would probably send the wrong signals) and try to get it out before I go on vacation on Thursday.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »
Speaking of which, is there a way to get info about things like this to the players that will swamr back but may not be here in this particular forum?

If Rae doesn't have them, available.  I can blast this out to multiple Forum, Facebook and G+ groups, as well as tossing it on Twitter.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 09:42:54 PM »
If Rae doesn't have them, available.  I can blast this out to multiple Forum, Facebook and G+ groups, as well as tossing it on Twitter.

sounds like a plan if Rae havent gotten around to it first.

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 12:17:47 AM »

Good point, peronally I wasn't apart of this or any other CoH related forum(s) / info source(s) until after the game went down.

(1) like Hyperstrike said pass it along to multiple twitter,facebook,G+, and other forums
(2) we can all dig up any CoH companions & contact them to let them know of our efforts (I'm sure many would join)
(3) if you're a member of any other gaming forums, might it be a good idea to start topics there relating to this?

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 01:24:06 AM »
Alright guys, here we go:

You need to address your letters/postcards/whatever you'd like to send to:

Jeson Patel
Engineering Manager
Google Inc
Google Mountain View
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

If you've got a little time on your hands, you might also want to hit up:

Jamie Rosenberg,  Vice President of Digital Content

At the same address, urging him to talk to Mr Patel with regards to the City of Heroes pitch he was sent.

I know it's a pain, but as we've said previously, we don't want to interfere with their day-to-day work too much, so please don't use any email addresses you dig out for these people. It takes time, effort and energy to send a letter and that's what we're after here.

If you have the time, energy and inclination to be creative, feel free. The more attention grabbing you can be, hopefully, the more likely they are to look at what you're sending. Just.. you know. Keep it sane. Don't send them a finger or write it in your own blood or anything ;)

Thank you, Rae!  Sorry it took me so long to see this.   I'll be forwarding this info to SG mates via GuildPortal and email, and then working on my letter(s).   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 04:41:52 AM »
I've been followed by @nintendosushi a twitter account devoted to nintendo news, reviews and articles about the world of nintendo. just remembered that will mean my comment about city of heroes and google will be visible by nintendo fans!

odd, I'm surprised they followed me, I gave a negative review of thier newest donky kong country game.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 02:16:33 PM »
My letter may be too long , but yay it's wriltten and in the mailbox awaiting pickup by the postal worker sometime today.  In case any should desire to see copy of said letter I posted it here:  http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8575.msg121802.html#msg121802

Hoping we have our game back soon!     :)

/em holdtorch
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2013, 03:40:48 PM »
Any up-to-date sites we can add to our correspondences?

mixedemotions

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 06:05:51 AM »

The longer we try, the better our hope. We just need to prove to the right people that this is something we don't  want but need !!
Haley James / Mixed Emotions, @Celest aka @ashleyak

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 09:15:41 AM »
The ourcityofheroes.com website is totally awesome and perfect to show people :-)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2014, 06:51:38 AM »
any response at all from google?

at this point so far from the time this started, I think google has ignored the pitch. maybe because of inside and/or outside pressures.

I fear the Plan Z team may encounter similar 'threats' as time goes on. Disney/Marvel is probably right now conveneing with 40 lawyers from themselves and other participating groups to figure out how to take plan Z out.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2014, 07:09:35 AM »
I fear the Plan Z team may encounter similar 'threats' as time goes on. Disney/Marvel is probably right now conveneing with 40 lawyers from themselves and other participating groups to figure out how to take plan Z out.
Please try to restrain yourself from blabbering, hon. Disney/Marvel doesn't care about any of the Plan Z efforts.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 01:16:40 PM »
Nobody's going to be sued until there's a product on the market. Whether suit will happen THEN depends on how successful it is and how well the producers have done at protecting themselves, legally.

AlabasterKnight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 02:42:47 PM »
Nobody's going to be sued until there's a product on the market. Whether suit will happen THEN depends on how successful it is and how well the producers have done at protecting themselves, legally.

An interesting statement.