Author Topic: Yet another Massively article telling us to Get Over It!  (Read 20210 times)

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
Re: Yet another Massively article telling us to Get Over It!
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2013, 04:58:49 AM »
yea, move onto a new game, like Tabula Rasa.........oh, wait that failed.
or move onto a new game, like Star Wars Galaxies........oh, wait that failed.
or move onto a new game, like Sims Online........oh, wait that failed.

any other experts to tell us what's hip and happ'nin?

well, there's always my  favorite....Mahjong.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2013, 06:04:00 AM »
Funny story about AP33 and one of the unsung heroes of our game...that most people hated :) Don't worry he liked the hate.

Tommy played the game...unlike most of you. He liked having the biggest, most garish, offensive to the eyes as possible characters he could create. Tommy was once banned from a costume contest for simply arriving. Seriously all he was doing was standing around, his costumes were that good, HA! He enjoyed schadenfreude and was a lot of fun to play with. Tommy was also a goon, so was I :duck:

On the night of the vigil APs started spawning like crazy. The goons decided to see how many APs we could help create, so along with people just logging in for the vigil, the goons started filling one AP, spawning the next then all of us moving on. I'm not saying there wouldn't have been 33 APs without the goons helped, but we definitely sped it up.

That night after the vigil AP33 was a success, but as everyone started logging off Tommy parked his Huge model, rainbow themed character at the tram so AP33 would not disappear. On two occasions he did searches and was the only one in the zone. AP33 remained and quickly became a symbol we as a community latched on to. That symbol would not have persisted if it weren't for Tommy, or what one person on the official forums called "the horror at the train station".

I got a laugh out of that. :D

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2013, 03:24:43 PM »
Heh, I remember the rainbow guy.  :) He's in a couple demos of mine, I think...

Nightwatch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2013, 01:41:33 PM »
The problem isn't letting COH go, it's finding a suitable replacement. I think this is what many people are missing. I have come to terms with COH being gone, I have accepted that it may not ever come back. That's fine, that is me letting it go. What I can't seem to let go of is the fact that there's nothing out there at the moment close to COH. I think this is where people are missing the point that COH fans have been trying to make. Sure we want the game back OR we want a game that, at least plays like COH did. I see nothing wrong with wanting that, COH was one of the best super-hero games out there. Many would agree on that and sure there are other super hero games (not many) but they aren't even close to what COH was. I honestly wish people would realize that it's not necessarily about letting go of COH, it's about letting go of playing a good solid game that you could actually enjoy. I know that it wasn't for everyone and that there are some who would argue and say the game was terrible but that can be said for any game, not everyone will enjoy the same things. So yes I agree we can let COH go, once we get an acceptable substitute, until then we can miss and want COH as much as we want!

This +1.
I've never really been a gamer; more of a comics nerd .. for 50 years.  Have tried other games but ther is nothing that attracts me now as much as CoX has.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2013, 06:47:40 PM »
This +1.
I've never really been a gamer; more of a comics nerd .. for 50 years.  Have tried other games but ther is nothing that attracts me now as much as CoX has.

I tried Everquest.  I'm letting my subscription lapse.  The community there is just... lacking.
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2013, 01:58:20 AM »
I tried Everquest.  I'm letting my subscription lapse.  The community there is just... lacking.

But they got one thing right; Everquest is still running. It's still actively developed; it started last century, but the last content release was after the black dawn over Paragon City.

That article misses a fundamental point, if you're a corporate; keep people's favourite MMO going, it costs you 10% of nothing, and they give you money - never mind if they don't then go on to new story experiences, you don't care about _that_, you like money.

That's what I never understood about the black dawn. If they'd fired the entire development team and kept it ticking over - well, I wouldn't approve, but it would make sense. This was an act of vandalism.