Author Topic: Call to Attention: CoH in another poll!  (Read 3180 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Fulcrum

• Lieutenant
  • The Phoenix Effect
Re: Call to Attention: CoH in another poll!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:26:56 AM »
Voted.   Muahahaha.    ;D

Not that I think it'd change a darned thing, but.. heck, making the leader board months after the game closed down has to draw notice.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:56:37 AM »
voted....3rd place?......not bad for a game that was purposely de-railed.

Olde Glory

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 08:26:12 AM »
Me too!

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
Voted :)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 02:49:06 PM »
What I find encouraging is that the leader, while holding a comfortable lead, only has about 600 votes. What's hilarious, though (and getting some traction in the comments), is that the number 2 spot is held by the same toolset! Granted, there are differences between the implementations in NW and STO, but, still, it means STO is playing Ralph Nader to NW's Al Gore. We should be able to rally 600 votes, right?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 03:45:03 PM »
Voted :)

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 09:49:56 PM »
Voted.

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 10:20:44 PM »
Voted.   

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 10:24:30 PM »
What I find encouraging is that the leader, while holding a comfortable lead, only has about 600 votes. What's hilarious, though (and getting some traction in the comments), is that the number 2 spot is held by the same toolset! Granted, there are differences between the implementations in NW and STO, but, still, it means STO is playing Ralph Nader to NW's Al Gore. We should be able to rally 600 votes, right?

Depends on your intention -- vote CoH up or what you feel is the best toolset (not necessarily mutually exclusive). 

As nifty as what Mission Architect was, I'd say the new NWN Foundry easily tops it, but would expect such since Issue 9 14 was released over 4 years ago.....

edit: correct my issue reference ( ' :
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:07:49 AM by therain93 »
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Solaris

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 11:05:40 PM »
Voted . And I think it's encouraging that we are still up in the fight, considering the reality of where our game has gone, not to mention the fact that it's just heartening to see. :'(

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 04:56:00 AM »

Depends on your intention -- vote CoH up or what you feel is the best toolset (not necessarily mutually exclusive). 

As nifty as what Mission Architect was, I'd say the new NWN Foundry easily tops it, but would expect such since Issue 9 was released over 4 years ago.....

Issue 9?
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 03:06:36 AM »
Issue 9?
Meant 14 - Architect, no clue why I wrote 9, especially since I went back to verify the date of release was 4 years ago. ( ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 03:24:09 AM »
I'll be honest about two things. One is that the depth of the Foundry and what I've seen people do with it is amazing, and that's just in STO's limited version. I haven't seen NWN's yet. I don't think MA was remotely capable of what the Foundry does. That said, as a person who was always interested in creating missions/stories for these systems, I voted MA simply for ease of use. No matter how many tutorials I've read or watched, I just can't seem to figure out the Foundry. Though I'm sure I didn't make best use of MA's assets, I could at least make use of them for something.

The other thing I'll be honest about is that I'm surprised MA is doing so well considering all the negative press it generated early in its life. In fact, it seemed like that black cloud in CoH's history never did dissipate; I think some (incorrectly, of course) were even citing that as the reason CoH shut down.

Though I do hope our beloved game continues to top polls (in a positive way), the objective observer in me says the Foundry is currently the best overall UGC system.