Author Topic: Welcome to Boon Hill Kickstarter  (Read 1680 times)

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
Welcome to Boon Hill Kickstarter
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:26:25 PM »
Though this is a very different game than CoH, and some would call it more a simulator or experience than a game, this felt like the most appropriate place to put this thread. Mods, if you disagree, apologies in advance! I didn't mean to make your lives harder!

A dear friend of mine who I have often looked up to as the most creative person I know has been working for a long time on an experience called "Welcome to Boon Hill". You can just go here and read about it yourself, but if you want to know more I'll spout out a bit including why I think it bares a glance even if you don't have the money to contribute or don't particularly want to.

When my friend brought it to my attention, they basically asked "have you ever gone to a graveyard?" and I had to confess that I hadn't. The loved ones I've lost have never been near enough to afford me the opportunity, so while I've watched plenty of fiction involving graveyards I've never had the experience. Epitaphs speak a powerful language, and the experience of being immersed in the memories people leave behind, being reminded of your mortality as you cherish those whose mortality has run out... basically, I believe this game has merit, and deserves to be funded.

I can personally vouch for the people involved. This isn't something that wont appear, or will appear but you'll regret spending money on it. It will be created in as timely and awesome a manner as possible. Obviously I leave if you agree up to you, but it deserves a look.
Woo! - Argent Girl

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
Re: Welcome to Boon Hill Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 01:35:37 AM »
It seems like a quirky concept, but eh, sure.  :roll:  I'm the first $25 backer.  8)
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
Re: Welcome to Boon Hill Kickstarter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 01:54:42 AM »
It seems like a quirky concept, but eh, sure.  :roll:  I'm the first $25 backer.  8)

It definitely is, and not something everyone'd go for for sure... but thank you for your support!

To clarify even though I'm being all thanks-for-donating I'm honestly not even connected enough to be anyone besides a friend of the developers, but I want to see this done and am happy to see other people agreeing :)
Woo! - Argent Girl