Author Topic: Went back to playing Freedom Force  (Read 2033 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Went back to playing Freedom Force
« on: April 25, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »
Back in 2004 I got a brand new PC and I always saw this super hero game Freedom Force advertised so I picked it up at the same stor I bought my PC. For its time t was quite fun but then a few months later I bought COH and Freedom Force basically was gone from my PC.

But recently Gamestop had the sequel on sale for $5 and I have a lot of store credit so I bought it since I never got it when it came out.

Its not COH but its still quite fun and its nice to play a simple Super Hero game again.

Yes I play CO and DCUO but Freedom Force is just old style comic book fun and I am having a ball playing them again.

Senkan

• Minion
Re: Went back to playing Freedom Force
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 02:16:07 PM »
I played Freedom Force.  I remember there were mods where you could use different actual superheroes.  I rememeber using Juggernaught and he was like 15 feet tall and moved faster than his animation.  Think I used Iron man and Spiderman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 02:18:30 PM »
Yeah. I didn't really play enough t get into that but there were mods that gave you the entire Avengers and even had modded powers like Captain America being able to throw his shield, Thor an the hammer and all. But last I recall Marvel went after all those sites and shut them down.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 03:43:20 AM »
Well, eventually the heat died down and all of those mods sprung back. I recently went looking around and they're easy to find.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »
Ah cool. Will have to look them up.

Dinah Might

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »
I went back to playing Freedom Force as well.  Does anyone know of any place to get City of Heroes style sinks?